Sign in to follow this  
woodentoe

Anti-hunters foaming at the mouth on Facebook.

Great post. (I see Susan K. has been lobbing comments periodically.)

Anti-hunting activists didn't exist back in the 50's and 60's when bear hunting was legal. Even bowhunters could partake in bear hunting. The black bear was officially given "game status" and therefore protected under game laws in 1953 and could be taken by licensed archers and firearm hunters during a designated hunting season. Prior to 1953, from the early days of the 1800's through the early 1900's, bears were regularly shot on sight as nuisances, and with that mentality became extinct in most counties in the state. (That is also why elk, wolf and beaver disappeared in New Jersey by 1894.) In a hunting survey tabulated of legal harvests between 1958 through 1970, there were only 46 bears taken in New Jersey. It was in 1971 that Fish & Wildlife closed the bear season. After that they began to tabulate black bear sightings/nuisances and black bear vehicle mortalities and they noticed numbers rose dramatically each year from 1977 to 1997. It was in 1997 that the Black Bear Management Plan was produced to document the issue and search for solutions and question the opening back up of a bear season. By 1999, black bear had been observed in 11 counties in N.J. As of today, F&W has documented sightings in all 21 counties of N.J.

Times sure have changed, only there was no Facebook back then to post vitriol on. :)

Whenever someone complains to me that hunting is cruel, I ask them one simple question. Do you eat meat? If the answer is yes, they have no valid argument and I refuse to continue the conversation with them. If they think hunting is cruel, they should watch videos from slaughter houses. Where the cows are hung upside down with their throats cut and left to bleed out.

Well, on the flip side I have met three vegetarians that agree they have no issues with people eating the animal they shot after sitting in a tree all day.

They all agree about the slaughterhouse though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in my tree this morning. At about 1130 i got down to go eat some lunch and meet up wiht a few friends. As i was walking out of the woods an old man walking his dog noticed me. He proceeded to follow me yelling that i am monster, only using hunting as a cover to scope out houses to rob, and a child molester. When i finally reached the road about a half mile of this guy following me. I got in my truck and left not wanting to start a problem or make a big deal on opening day. Just wanted to have a good day. I returned to my stand at about 2pm to find it had been taken down and BENT to all hell, as well as a bunch of human hair in my bait. So now being pretty heated i walked to my car to call fish and game and report this. When i reached my truck my two front tires were flat. After calling fish and game and the police i found a 2x4 buried in the sand with nails hammered through. Both the game warden and police officer were very helpful. Even let me use there air pump after i pluged my tires. The Game warden says he has a pretty good idea of who it is and i have a few pictures on my game cam but the face isnt seen very clearly. Well that was my first day.

/rant

I was in my tree this morning. At about 1130 i got down to go eat some lunch and meet up wiht a few friends. As i was walking out of the woods an old man walking his dog noticed me. He proceeded to follow me yelling that i am monster, only using hunting as a cover to scope out houses to rob, and a child molester. When i finally reached the road about a half mile of this guy following me. I got in my truck and left not wanting to start a problem or make a big deal on opening day. Just wanted to have a good day. I returned to my stand at about 2pm to find it had been taken down and BENT to all hell, as well as a bunch of human hair in my bait. So now being pretty heated i walked to my car to call fish and game and report this. When i reached my truck my two front tires were flat. After calling fish and game and the police i found a 2x4 buried in the sand with nails hammered through. Both the game warden and police officer were very helpful. Even let me use there air pump after i pluged my tires. The Game warden says he has a pretty good idea of who it is and i have a few pictures on my game cam but the face isnt seen very clearly. Well that was my first day.

/rant

I'm sorry that you had such a shitty first day, man. This jerkoff's behavior is just unacceptable. Don't like hunting? Make a sign. Call your congressman. But don't fugg with another man's belongings, safety and tranquility. I hope they collar him and he gets a nice fine. Prick.

/rant

some people just suck, i hope he gets nabbed and has to pay heafty fines, and reimburse you for the tires. last saturday me and a buddy got the cops called on us while duck hunting on the bay which we were legally doing.

/rant

Man I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad day. Hope they catch the guy.

I often wonder what these anti hunter types would say if all the seasons were closed and the animal populations skyrocketed. Bet they would change their tune waking up to a yard full of plants eaten by deer, trash cans all over the yard from the raccoons, and dogs/cats mauled by the coyotes!

This guy gets arrested every year. I think he's a dick face. But, something about placing stipulations on the manner in which someone can protest rubs me the wrong way I think.

To my knowledge the protests are restricted in order to prevent them from interfering with the hunt, is that not correct? While people have the right to protest for anything they want, they do not have the right to create an undue burden on other lawful activities.

To my knowledge the protests are restricted in order to prevent them from interfering with the hunt, is that not correct? While people have the right to protest for anything they want, they do not have the right to create an undue burden on other lawful activities.

This. The early 20th century quote from Zechariah Cafee:

"Your right to swing your arms ends just where the other man's nose begins."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk-jDsL9f0U

Kind of disgusting the bile with which the anchor threw to the segment. The writing is skewed. And, as an editor I took specific notice of the inclusion of a broll shot of a hunter spitting on the ground. This is a definite attempt to paint the hunter as barbaric. I'm hating this. I've got not interest in hunting a bear, but I may want to because of this disgusting behavior.

This guy gets arrested every year.  I think he's a dick face.  But, something about placing stipulations on the manner in which someone can protest rubs me the wrong way I think.

Seriously. First of all, the fatass kinda looks a little like a bear through the brush, especially with that thing on his head (didn't it get up to almost °60F?), and my eyes aint as good as they used to be. Second, they arrested him for walking down a road with a sign around his neck? That's some BS.

Seriously. First of all, the fatass kinda looks a little like a bear through the brush, especially with that thing on his head (didn't it get up to almost °60F?), and my eyes aint as good as they used to be. Second, they arrested him for walking down a road with a sign around his neck? That's some BS.

Well, hunt interference is illegal. It is fine to protest, but it isn't okay to impede the legal activity of law-abiding hunters. So, there are some stipulations with regards to protests at the check station. Every year, this guy take his dumb sign and crosses the road and walks right into the check station. The COs and the cops ask him to leave, and he argues with them. Then they cuff him and take him to jail. This is every year. He's got a youtube channel documenting his arrests and his strolls through the woods where he spews bile about hunters. He's a moron.

I don't wish death on any person. That is their problem. Their misguided view puts animals first and people second. The hunt is a direct result of overhunting in the past. F&W closed the season on Black bear, and now their numbers are great enough as compared to the habitat (which we overdevelop) so the season is open.

I've made this statement on the stupid anti posts about killing the innocent animals:

I hold someone who makes a dietary commitment to be a vegan in very high regard. It's not easy to do. There are a great many consideration with regards to nutrition requirements when you forgo animal protein. But, even vegans are complicit in "the kill" with regards to the cultivation and harvest of their food. For anyone to consume the flesh of animals an enjoy it while simultaneously decrying the act of hunting is pretty hypocritical. And, this isn't an insult. It's a fact. If you take your money and give it to a grocery store and essentially PAY someone to do the dirty work of raising, killing, butchering, and shipping meat to your plate. It is hypocrisy to then say that hunting is unethical because it is wrong to kill the innocent animals. I'd have much more respect for the vegan. And forget about dairy and eggs. Dairy cows and chickens are the most horrifically treated livestock there is.

Then, this:

I'm reminded of a story from Colonia in Nov 2010. There was a bear in a playground on Inman Ave. A bunch of PD responded from Woodbridge, Rahyway, and Clark. They were preapring a tranq and the bear charged a Woodbridge cop. An officer from Clark opened fire and killed the bear. This is not, how do you say, bear country. The population of the bears as compared to the carrying ability of the habitat has warranted the creation of a game season for the bears. This is no different than deer season, or duck season, or squirrel season or any other game animal. For example F&W has no season for bobwhite quail outside of two WMA's. Why? to protect the species and allow its numbers to rise to parity with the habitat. I understand an respect that you don't like it. I'm sorry about that. However, even the vegan is complicit in the death of living things in order to consume them. Even assuming you only consume fruits and nuts that re grow, you are complicit in the deaths of millions of insects, birds and small mammals that are sacrificed in the cultivation, harvesting and shipping of your food. In order for you to live, some other living organism is consumed. It is the circle of life. If you are an omnivore, like the bear him/herself, then to decry the practice of hunting is hypocrisy. plain and simple.

This guy gets arrested every year. I think he's a dick face. But, something about placing stipulations on the manner in which someone can protest rubs me the wrong way I think.

It should rub you the wrong way, because there aren't any stipulations in the 1st Amendment that restrict or limit free speech. I hope he was doing more than just walking down the street with a sign to get arrested.

He's got a youtube channel documenting his arrests and his strolls through the woods where he spews bile about hunters.

Do you know what the channel is?

I have to give them credit, they do have dogged persistence. http://www.facebook....8075653?fref=ts

A was reading some of the stupid posts on this page, and it made me physically sick. Apparently now it's the hunter's fault for bears moving into residential areas. If it wasn't for hunter's the bears would stay in the woods. People are idiots.

There was a sick fu&k in Forked River a few years ago would half saw thru hunters tree stands. So they would collapse as you climbed up or came down. Never caught that one. In Bamber Lake. These people protesting the bear hunts are unreal!