cutterOne

PAP M70 single-stack mags (7.62x39)

I have had trouble finding these (Short of paying $50 a piece from the former importer) since summer 2010 , when I bought two of these rifles.

Late 2010 it started hitting that single stack WaSR 10 magazines worked, and some company somewhere in the country that was selling PAPs online pretty good bought *like every available WASR 10 single stack mag* in the interwebs to put on their website. By the time Christmas time 2010 rolled around, and I found a place selling them, when I went to place my order the guy was like, "We had sold a few hundred and were asked for thousands more if we could get them, all sold out, no more sorry..." and it's been hard to find since then.

I'm not saying there is none anywhere, like I said I found them for $50 a piece for the junky factory mags on EAA's website, that just isnt' happening for me, they are waaaaay overpriced in that case.

I see the steel WASR single stacks often enough at shows, not sure what they go for.

Right when the PAP was getting a lot of sales/posts online in the NJ community/country community in early summer 2010, they were like $9 bucks online. Then ppl connected the dots and saw that the PAP was getting a LOT of popularity, the magazine was the achillies heel, and there was none to be had, the WASR 10 single stack mags got more expensive.

Hal I don't want to say this in a wierd way but I'm sure if you found some that were good looking (ie not terrible eastern european milsurp crud) and good prices and picked them up I would take them, if not me i would tell my Dad to (I bought him a PAP for his 60th in 2010 and was only able to find a few mags for him). I had to sell my PAP right after I bought it, for paying a huge vet bill for my pup at the time, but then I got more cash and bought him the PAP for his bday, so he still has it. if you see some lemme know bro.

Right when the PAP was getting a lot of sales/posts online in the NJ community/country community in early summer 2010, they were like $9 bucks online. Then ppl connected the dots and saw that the PAP was getting a LOT of popularity, the magazine was the achillies heel, and there was none to be had, the WASR 10 single stack mags got more expensive.

Hal I don't want to say this in a wierd way but I'm sure if you found some that were good looking (ie not terrible eastern european milsurp crud) and good prices and picked them up I would take them, if not me i would tell my Dad to (I bought him a PAP for his 60th in 2010 and was only able to find a few mags for him). I had to sell my PAP right after I bought it, for paying a huge vet bill for my pup at the time, but then I got more cash and bought him the PAP for his bday, so he still has it. if you see some lemme know bro.

Will do

I don't know if you go to PA shows much, but Ed's gun shop usually has them, and they do most shows in PA. I might pick up a few for myself as well when I see them, I've never tried the metal mags in a PAP.

who me? Naw man I got two separate Zastava PAPs in summer 2010, early early and late late summer, both were the single stack PAP model. I don't think they had even started making the double stack PAPs til this year. Now they have double stack wood, double stack synthetic, single stack wood and single stack synthetic.

Glenn,

Will do, I'm starting to think it may be the tapco 10rd. mags I tried. After reading more about them they seem to have a reputation as being a little too wide. I've read threads from Wasr 10, Saiga, etc. owners all saying that the rear catch on the tapcos is too wide to fit in properly and require some sanding/dremeling to get a proper fit. I'll still take a pic and post it in a few though.