MikeL417

Should I let the State Police know?

After all the 2A is not a privilege, IT'S A RIGHT..

I think we all agree with that. SO- DON'T show your DL next time you get a permit, and enjoy the ensuing court battle fighting for your rights.

And to be clear, I'm totally one of the "slippery slope" guys... but this slope has already been slipped.

It's the LAW.

So the police are "committing a crime" when they check your ID for a P2P?

You guys are being ridiculous-

But whatever guys- do what you gotta do. Refuse to give them your DL, don't get your permits until the end of a lengthy court battle, wait forever to purchase your next weapons, whatever.

Are they committing a crime for checking your ID? No, but they are if they REQUIRE a copy of your ID as part of the application/issuing process, because not doing so is the LAW. Just like all the other violations. They are all illegal. What is ridiculous is that you think this is somehow okay. I'm not sure anyone was suggesting to refuse to do so and file a lawsuit. The OP was about asking whether this should be brought to the attention of the State Police.

Its just ur licence. Probably just want to put a face to the application. Its not a big deal. They arent adding a new step to the application process by doing this. You should be happy they are doing this. Who is to say im not using some random name that I got info on to acquire a fid andthen go on a shshooting rampage with guns registered to that random person.

Izzzz zis zee person ve're looking for?

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. Glad to settle it out back if you disagree.

Are they committing a crime for checking your ID? No, but they are if they REQUIRE a copy of your ID as part of the application/issuing process, because not doing so is the LAW. Just like all the other violations. They are all illegal. What is ridiculous is that you think this is somehow okay. I'm not sure anyone was suggesting to refuse to do so and file a lawsuit. The OP was about asking whether this should be brought to the attention of the State Police.

Bingo! +7

I wouldn't mind showing the DL - it's the original birth certificate that I have to show the PD every time I apply for permits that I have a problem with. That and the required notarized letter attesting that I haven't been convicted of a crime that hasn't been expunged or sealed, that I'm not an alcoholic or drug addict, nor ever been committed to a mental institution.

If it was just a DL I wouldn't complain at all!

Let them take the pic. Who cares!

Dumb bastard (Lt. Richard Butler) took my pic with a Polaroid when I picked up my FOID years ago. I should have given the idiot the finger.

Rich that I know was a P/O and retired a Capt. Good friend of mine.

I wouldn't mind showing the DL - it's the original birth certificate that I have to show the PD every time I apply for permits that I have a problem with. That and the required notarized letter attesting that I haven't been convicted of a crime that hasn't been expunged or sealed, that I'm not an alcoholic or drug addict, nor ever been committed to a mental institution.

If it was just a DL I wouldn't complain at all!

You really have to go through all that?! you need to contact the nj2as they can put an end to it like they have in many towns, its easy for them and it doesnt cost anything