Pens

I turned 18 in September of 2012. I want to apply for a gun license, but I don't know if I'll get approved or not :( Help?

Troll!!!!

Yea Bob he left an "I" out if the name. Lol

I do find it funny how a lot of people here including myself responded to the "What's the fastest you ever drove" thread. But I also didn't see any if us saying we did that in a 25mph zone either. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't agree with what he did but what if it was 2am and he had to poop really bad and was a couple blocks from his house? Just saying we don't know all the facts. But the best part is a 18yr old kid coming to a gun forum explaining how irresponsible he is and then asking if he can still get a FID. lol

I don't agree with what he did but what if it was 2am and he had to poop really bad and was a couple blocks from his house? Just saying we don't know all the facts. But the best part is a 18yr old kid coming to a gun forum explaining how irresponsible he is and then asking if he can still get a FID. lol

There are no excusable reason to be driving 75 on a 25mph zone. It's a 25 zone for a reason. He did say he just finished his probational stage but his has his probational license. That makes it even worst, please don't make excuses for his stupidity.

Basically he still has a permit, they should even suspend his driving license in my opinion.

If this kid is already reckless with his car, imagine how reckless he "COULD" be with a firearm. I just don't want to be around this kid when that happens.

Let him grow up first, give him a chance when he gets older and be more responsible. At the age of 23-25 should make him a man by then.

1. New Jersey GDL Violation - No red decal. (I'm 18 and completed my full year of probational driving, but I still had the probational license, so I have to have the sticker even if I'm 18.)

2. Window tints.

3. Reckless driving.

4. 75 mph in a 25 mph zone.

Without getting in to the whole argument of are you responsible enough heres my thoughts.

1. Not going to matter, it will probably get dropped since you werent really probational. My brother drove with his probational license until he turned 21 and no cops cared.

2. Depends on the town. My car is completely tinted, windshield included but i live in a town that most cops dont care. I got pulled over for it once and the cop told me he just wanted to make sure i wasnt a delinquent

3. Reckless driving is more of an opinion as i understand it, that would all depend on the judge and person reviewing your application

4. This one is the problem. There is no way to hide that you were going 75 in a 25. Whether or not its enough to get denied i dont know.

Your best bet is to save your money for a lawyer, get the first two dropped, get the reckless dropped to a careless and get the speeding ticket dropped as far as you can. Then when that is all done you can try to apply and you should probably request an interview if at all possible and try to convince them you are responsible and have matured since this incident.

If this kid is already reckless with his car, imagine how reckless he "COULD" be with a firearm.

I can imagine a lot of hypothetical things or things that "could" happen. Since when should a hypothetical be used as a reason to restrict someone's rights? You people amuse me. Especially when people claim to support the 2A...except when it doesnt suit them.

I hope this kid doesn't get it. No way should someone willing to drive like this, in the vehicle described, be given the right to purchase something that is much easier to do harm with. Then again, I do believe he's a troll...or just too embarrassed to respond. Maybe he thought the good folk at NJGF would sympathize? Lol

I do think that he was probably a troll too but I got many more tickets than that when i was his age (never 75 in a 25 though) and i had guns the whole time and was never acted reckless with them. Yes he was reckless with his car but that dosent mean he is going to do that with guns allot of you on here are just assumeing he will

A few tickets, is different than going more than triple the speed limit. That is absolutely reckless to himself and everyone around. I don't know what the environment was, but as BLF said before, 25mph usually means residential, safe corridor, or construction. Have you ever seen what a 75mph crash looks like? In any of those scenarios, would be VERY bad. They dont put 25mph just to be a dick.

I can imagine a lot of hypothetical things or things that "could" happen. Since when should a hypothetical be used as a reason to restrict someone's rights? You people amuse me. Especially when people claim to support the 2A...except when it doesnt suit them.

this. The OP asked if his traffic/criminal violation would deny him his NJFPID. He didn't ask if everyone thought he was a swell guy for driving like an idiot. Farcical place, this.

Especially when people claim to support the 2A...except when it doesnt suit them.

At 18 yrs of age, just one year after getting his permit and he tripled the speed limit? (Bad decision already)

Yeah the 2A, I also want to protect the 2A not just give it to any ninkampoop that is obviously immature and not think about the consequences.

Yes the 2A again, I am all for protecting the amendment but also NOT give a chance to people that "could" possibly RUIN it for our lovely state that already enforces strict rules. Like I said on my comment, let's give him a chance when he is more of an adult.

The OP said he wanted to take go hunting, so let him take a hunters course first and maybe some kind of safety course also. I would be a lot more comfortable after that.

With respect, we do not "give" the Second Amendment to the Constitution. The rights outlined are inalienable. The question of whether the OP is a prohibited person is for the State to decide. Fortunately, for the OP and for anyone else you may find unsuitable or irresponsible, you don't get to decide who does or doesn't deserve the "privilege" of gun ownership.

Now we may take a nanny approach and tell the OP that he was a very naughty boy who shouldn't be so irresponsible with his car. That is all well and good. He shouldn't be. You can even suggest to him that he isn't responsible enough to have a firearm. Were I his father, I'd probably forbid him from owning a firearm while living in my house until such a time as he could prove responsible. But, his RIGHT under the law is absolute unless the State classifies him as a prohibited person. (maybe they should, but the question is unanswered).

With respect, we do not "give" the Second Amendment to the Constitution. The rights outlined are inalienable. The question of whether the OP is a prohibited person is for the State to decide. Fortunately, for the OP and for anyone else you may find unsuitable or irresponsible, you don't get to decide who does or doesn't deserve the "privilege" of gun ownership.

Now its okay for the state to decide who gets it? In one hand its inalienable, in the other It's restricted. I am 100% 2a, but I also understand that it comes with responsibility, nor would I want every Tom, Dick, and Jane to own a firearm. There NEEDS to be regulation. Without it would be chaos. I don't think an 18yr old kid should be able to buy a firearm after trippling a 25mph speed limit.

This isn't about him just speeding. There is a reason it was a 25mph zone. Anything over that speed is seen as a possible threat to the environment attached to the road (including people and homes, or construction depending on the circumstances). If he was willing to do this with a PRIVELAGE, imagine what he might think is ok with something considered a RIGHT.

Without a doubt his license should be revoked until he's at a more mature age and his right to purchase firearms should also. He has shown a blatant disrepect for authority, and the law. It should echo throughout all aspects of the law, not just one.

No need to worry about getting denied, I get tickets for window tints about 2 times a month along with no front plate, I have 2 reckless and countless careless tickets, and I have a 90 in a 35 with a construction and safe corridor, and still got approved for my FID. License suspension most likely since you are still in the system as a probationary driver. I doubt you will be able to plea down to unsafe driving only because you did 75 in a 25. Good luck, in court I mean :-)

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

Now its okay for the state to decide who gets it? In one hand its inalienable, in the other It's restricted. I am 100% 2a, but I also understand that it comes with responsibility, nor would I want every Tom, Dick, and Jane to own a firearm. There NEEDS to be regulation. Without it would be chaos. I don't think an 18yr old kid should be able to buy a firearm after trippling a 25mph speed limit.

This isn't about him just speeding. There is a reason it was a 25mph zone. Anything over that speed is seen as a possible threat to the environment attached to the road (including people and homes, or construction depending on the circumstances). If he was willing to do this with a PRIVELAGE, imagine what he might think is ok with something considered a RIGHT.

Without a doubt his license should be revoked until he's at a more mature age and his right to purchase firearms should also. He has shown a blatant disrepect for authority, and the law. It should echo throughout all aspects of the law, not just one.

The State is able to place regulations on the exercise of the right to bear arms. Every State does it to some extent. NJ has their laws which we are familiar with. However, if the LAW (firearm and motor vehicle) do not render the OP into a prohibited person, regardless of whether or not I think it should, I have NO BUSINESS denying his right to own firearms. I'm sorry. You and the others who are castigating this fictional OP who is a troll are the ones wishing to have it both ways. You want YOUR right to bear arms to not be infringed, but you collectively get to decide the severity of action that warrants the infringement of that right.

I'm interested in how what I said is conflated into suggesting that I don't think tripling the speed limit is bad. What I think is irrelevant. What does the law say? If it doesn't deny him...should it? Maybe. But I'm fascinated by the arbitrary nature with which people here are saying he's unworthy of gun ownership. What other criteria are there for denying 2A rights that fall outside of current NJ Sate law?

The State is able to place regulations on the exercise of the right to bear arms. Every State does it to some extent. NJ has their laws which we are familiar with. However, if the LAW (firearm and motor vehicle) do not render the OP into a prohibited person, regardless of whether or not I think it should, I have NO BUSINESS denying his right to own firearms. I'm sorry. You and the others who are castigating this fictional OP who is a troll are the ones wishing to have it both ways. You want YOUR right to bear arms to not be infringed, but you collectively get to decide the severity of action that warrants the infringement of that right.

I'm interested in how what I said is conflated into suggesting that I don't think tripling the speed limit is bad. What I think is irrelevant. What does the law say? If it doesn't deny him...should it? Maybe. But I'm fascinated by the arbitrary nature with which people here are saying he's unworthy of gun ownership. What other criteria are there for denying 2A rights that fall outside of current NJ Sate law?

I think there was a misunderstanding between both of us. I thought you were reflecting your opinion, just as I was stating mine. Just opinions.

Troll: You should probably hang yourself in the closet while listening to a Justin Beiber love song.

Oh yeah. Get a lawyer and take then take up swimming. At least if you drown you'll stop your seed from being passed on saving potentially millions in tax payer dollars.

No need to worry about getting denied, I get tickets for window tints about 2 times a month along with no front plate, I have 2 reckless and countless careless tickets, and I have a 90 in a 35 with a construction and safe corridor, and still got approved for my FID. License suspension most likely since you are still in the system as a probationary driver. I doubt you will be able to plea down to unsafe driving only because you did 75 in a 25. Good luck, in court I mean :-)

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

Not to hijack the thread but isn't that window tint you have getting expensive?

158mph in my 86 vette on the parkway. Tons of work done from top to bottom, front to back. Handled it amazingly. No fear factor because of how smooth it was. I miss that car.

A few tickets, is different than going more than triple the speed limit. That is absolutely reckless to himself and everyone around. I don't know what the environment was, but as BLF said before, 25mph usually means residential, safe corridor, or construction. Have you ever seen what a 75mph crash looks like? In any of those scenarios, would be VERY bad. They dont put 25mph just to be a dick.

:shok:

Yeah the 2A, I also want to protect the 2A not just give it to any ninkampoop that is obviously immature and not think about the consequences.

Like I said...support it except when it doesn't suit you. I'm pretty sure you don't know what a right is or what the 2nd amendment means. Last I checked there wasn't an exemption for ninkampoops in the 2A.

I disagree with everything you just said. I'd rather every Dick and Jane have firearms. There doesn't need to be regulation. There wouldn't be chaos. Also, you are 100% not for the 2A. You just said you want to infringe on fictional trolls right to bear arms because he speeds. How is that supporting the 2A? Well it isn't.