blksheep

Whats the fastest you have ever gone?

I know my stock CBR600rr couldn't do 150 let alone 191. But it was quite fast in stock trim.

But my Duc most certainly could on any given day (after Ferracci tuning) and still have a bit of twist left in the grip.

Track day timing, full armor and leathers....I don't condone doing this on any public street or highway. Ever.

It can do 150, trust me. When i hit 145 on mine a friend passed me (same bike). It tops out around 160 ish stock. 191.. is a ridiculous claim tho.

I think around 145-150 or so on a Honda CBR600F4 at Virginia International Raceway down the straight.

Honestly it got pretty damn scary for me at that speed.

Keep in mind most people report the indicated speed on the speedometer which is typically off by 5% (on

the high side).

Keep in mind guys that bikes have a pretty good error going on top. I love it when guys on 600's tell me they were doing 191 cuz the speedo said so. :D

On a closed private road of course ;)

08 Busa racing my much lighter brother on his R1 about 180 corrected for error.

(into the 170's to many times to count)

7000lbs of Dodge Ram racing to the hospital, GPS indicated 105.

M109R about 125 when yer feet start getting heavily blwon off the foward controls

Ducati 1098 on one wheel, 110 unintentionally! 2 wheels about 165 but dont have much seat time on this one yet.

Harley Street Bob about 90, nuch much point beyond that.

Good point. I used to hear those claims all the time when I was into sportbikes.

The truth of the matter is most people do not have the skillset to push modern

sportbikes/cars to even half of their potential. Most have never touched a racetrack

or a drag strip which is required to get the most out of your vehicle. You can have

small bursts of speed on the road here and there but you have to be in a closed

circuit to really get the most out of our car/bike.

It's a very humbling experience.

what zoid said, to a degree. I find that drivers in this area are better than most drivers in other states due to the aggressiveness, road hazards, obsticles, traffic, congestion, conditions, distance to destination.

what zoid said, to a degree. I find that drivers in this area are better than most drivers in other states due to the aggressiveness, road hazards, obsticles, traffic, congestion, conditions, distance to destination.

This is VERY true! Go to any other state and see how they deal with traffic. In NJ we can go at a 20-40 mph pace with less than a car length

distance between us on the Parkway/Turnpike. I have not witnessed ANY OTHER STATE that can do this. Once there is traffic, an exit,

any type of congestion it comes to a standstill.

It's a very humbling experience.

And great training. I've participated in many HiPo driving schools and find that they can train you to translate what you learn on-track into everyday driving. Like having a deer run onto the track when you're doing 100+ and know how to get the vehicle down to a safe speed without getting hurt...

75 MPH on Kennedy Blvd at 5pm in Journal Square in a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Hudson county peeps know thats FAST

75 on Kennedy? Were you in the back of a police vehicle? I can't even go 45 on that street without seeing a PO-PO.

75 on Kennedy? Were you in the back of a police vehicle? I can't even go 45 on that street without seeing a PO-PO.

You may see the Po-Po, but they can't run after you. Skillz, I gots'em yo

It can do 150, trust me. When i hit 145 on mine a friend passed me (same bike). It tops out around 160 ish stock. 191.. is a ridiculous claim tho.

If you noted I did say in stock trim, and it was a CBR F2, showroom fresh, in fact I took delivery of the first one in Philly that winter they were released. I broke it in on the street and that was it.

It did not have a speedo after its second month so I honestly can't say. I actually convinced Ferracci to tune that too. I think he did it purely out of curiosity since those bikes ruled the 600 class back then. I was just starting in road racing back then so I never bothered to clock top speed as much as lap times and average speed. It was light and quick, but not like the Ducati at all. That had a dent on the tank from my helmet chinning the tank out of turns! Miss that damn bike badly.

You can learn more about riding in one track day then a lifetime of riding. You just don't have the luxuries a track offers on the road. I'm don't get anxious on the bike, but I do take it rather easy on the streets. You have to watch everything on the road, motorist debris pot holes gravel.

A little over 140mph - needle was past the highest it would go (120mph in 97 S14 Silvia) but a friend with a Z28 was next to me and informed me of how fast I was going.. 12 years ago. Never again though.. it'd be instant death at that speed and not worth it and I'm not 18 anymore.