blksheep

Whats the fastest you have ever gone?

I buried the spedometer on my 67 Chevelle SS on rt 80. Exhaust cutouts open loud as hell, I slowed down when the front end started lifting off the ground. You could actually move the wheel and nothing would happen, scared the hell out of myself and slowed down a little.

What day of the week...no way you did this during a weekday especially at 5 pm in journal square

from the southern most end of the Heights to the Bergen Ave split. Not saying I was going that fast, just that I hit that speed and then braked.

Yeah, it was the first mile of a 5K about 10 years ago. Unfortunately it was an out and back, and I had to deal with wind and the effects of my sprint, and finished in something like 24 minutes. I remember shuffling to finish, never did that again. I still sometimes go out too fast the first miles, but remind myself to slow down.

Isnt that like 10mph? if your talking about running, that's pretty impressive.

from the southern most end of the Heights to the Bergen Ave split. Not saying I was going that fast, just that I hit that speed and then braked.

Still pretty insane hitting 75 on Kennedy...especially the way people just step out into the street without looking. Try that at 3 o'clock on Newark Ave by Dickinson haha

Spawned from another thread. What's the fastest you have ever gone on the street driving a car etc. I will start.

167MPH on a 2002 GSX R 750, 10 years ago. Never again.

About 600 mph in a Boeing 777 :gaming:

Aircraft_OS_777_02.jpg

How did it handle on the curves?

Approx 170 on a worked zx7r [stock gauges]. It was a rush but the coolest part, was passing a car and it seemed like it was heading in the opposite direction. The bike handled well but as soon as I had the throttle pinned I backed right off. The slightest glitch at that speed and it's a body part yard sale. I'm much more responsible on the Hog. :)

Note: This was on an interstate, the car I passed was in a different lane and the highway was relatively clear, 1-2 cars in the two miles or so I did this.

Ultimate speed doesn't matter. Your multiple of the speed limit is the goal.

I have gone 120mph for 5+ minutes in a subdivision with street posted at 25kph (16mph). That's almost 7x the speed limit. We did slow down to just around 60-70 for the corners, but straights were at the high end of 5th gear.

And, it was legal....

Man what a would do for a ride in one of these!

I didn't know what it was when my friend Paul pulled up in it, I thought it was just a tricked out 911, and then I opened the door, climbed over the roll cage and attempted to figure out the five point harness. At that point I knew something was up. I have never been in anything that accelerated like that; I guess it was like a space launch but horizontal. He opened it up on the Parkway exit to I78 west and ran it flat out up to Rout 24, OMG!

I didn't know what it was when my friend Paul pulled up in it, I thought it was just a tricked out 911, and then I opened the door, climbed over the roll cage and attempted to figure out the five point harness. At that point I knew something was up. I have never been in anything that accelerated like that; I guess it was like a space launch but horizontal. He opened it up on the Parkway exit to I78 west and ran it flat out up to Rout 24, OMG!

i would give both left and right testicles for a 993 RUF, let alone a yellowbird.

i would give both left and right testicles for a 993 RUF, let alone a yellowbird.

The specs say that car can hit 60mph in something like 3.7 seconds, That was at a time when a Mustang did 0-60 in a little over 6 seconds and the factory 911s and Corvettes did it in slightly less than 6 seconds. It was about as fast as a Ferrari F40 and I can tell you first hand that is an experience you never forget. The car was converted at a little moss covered hole in the wall in Montclair, if I recall they were the only Ruf outlet in the US at the time. I was there a couple of times but forgot the name of the place.

I had a conquest tsi back in the 90's. I changed the 7psi turbo to a 12 psi and my brother worked at aamco took my trans and changed the gear ratio. It was a fast 4 cylinder. Fun to drive and comfort was awesome. Leather interior, stereo controllers and cruise on the steering wheel digital climate controller (wow that was a first for me). At 150 mph on the parkway( I was stupid and young ) the slotted lines on the road were connected as one solid line.

C412BC67-A7C0-4BBC-9AB6-C0A463B7EAB8-3833-000002D188BFCAE1.jpg

I had a conquest tsi back in the 90's. I changed the 7psi turbo to a 12 psi and my brother worked at aamco took my trans and changed the gear ratio. It was a fast 4 cylinder. Fun to drive and comfort was awesome. Leather interior, stereo controllers and cruise on the steering wheel digital climate controller (wow that was a first for me). At 150 mph on the parkway( I was stupid and young ) the slotted lines on the road were connected as one solid line.

C412BC67-A7C0-4BBC-9AB6-C0A463B7EAB8-3833-000002D188BFCAE1.jpg

They were very cool back in the day. One of the coolest Mitsubishis ever in my opinion. They were definitely ahead of their time. The only thing I hated about the car (and several others from the period were the automatic seat belts, they really blew. Like the Mustangs, IROCs and Trans Ams of the day they were everywhere, at least on Bloomfield Ave. and Seaside. I saw a yellow one on the parkway earlier this year and noted to my wife that I had not seen one on the road in at least ten years. Never owned one but raced my fair share of them.