stagehand632

Want to have work done on my Sig

Hey guys,

Is there anyone you recommend to have work done on my sig p226? I want to get the short reset trigger put in. And I would like to get my slide bead blasted so I can have a nice 2 two tone. I was thinking of sending it to sig but I did not know if it would be to much of a pain in the ass to ship it to them. So I did not know if someone does this local.

Gray guns is the place.

http://grayguns.com/

You'll still need to send it in so it's no different than sending it to Sig. Installing SRT should be something you can do yourself though. It's very straight forward. All you need is to get a 226 gun smith video that shows you how to detail strip it. While they are not Glocks, Sigs are fairly simple to detail strip.

I recommend a forum member, Bry@n. he worked in my P229 SAS DAK. He converted it from DAK to DA/SA, installed SRT, and polished the trigger parts (trigger job). Awesome price and a really nice guy.

Edit: sorry, I skimmed past the bead blasting. I'm not sure if Bry@n does that. That most likely has to be sent out.

If you do the SRT yourself or have somebody local (Bryan) do it, and then send the slide out for refinishing, you will save in the range of $60 to $80 in transportation. Send the whole gun to Gray Guns or Sig and you either have to use an FFL (who can use the USPS) or do it yourself through FedEx or UPS - in which case it has to go next day air. Usually the postage plus your FFL's fee is the cheaper way to go, but it depends on what they charge you.

OTOH, for a refinish, all you have to send is the slide - which you can do yourself via Priority Mail, about $6 plus whatever you want to insure it for.

HTH

Adios,

PIzza Bob

If all you want to do is SRT then no need to send away. If looking to bead blast and do some trigger work then recommend sending to GrayGuns. They can do a much better trigger job than the SRT gives. If you can get to RTSP some time then I'm happy to being my P226 which has had the ELCP work done. PM me if interested.

TheWombat

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, that's a lot of good info.

Is there anything else you recommend I get done. Mine is a couple of years old so I'm not sure if I have the latest night sights so I might get that done too.

I was also thinking about new grips too. I was looking at something a little thinner and longer. Sig sell one that is designed for extended mag but say it take the standard 15 as well but you have to use your thumb to push it in. Anyone have this? Or I'm open to recommendations

Lastly I saw sig offers a service called VIP service for $55 where they send you an airbill for round trip shipping on UPS 2nd day. Would that mean I would not have to go through a FFL then?

For thinner better grips. Hogue g10

If you night sights still glow. And you like the 3 dot. Any upgrade will be minimal

How many rounds through it?

There are lots of work that can be done. I've been happy with srt and hogue grips. If I wanted more. I'd send it to gray guns