Scrap

Dick's Sporting Goods @ Oxford Valley Mall / Fairless Hills - EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Just wanted to share with ya'll an outstanding experience I had just this past Monday at the Oxford Valley Dick's... the situation went from bad, to worse, to unbelievably terrible, to outstanding and awesome all because of one hard working kid and 3 different managers.

Basically I had done a lot of firearms portfolio shopping from mid october to mid november... Got me a few new toys and a LOT of accessories to go with them,. I prefer shopping at Dicks whenever possible- generally they treat me MUCH BETTER than the two local gunshops, CMO and Sportsmans Center, their prices are almost invariably better, but really its their customer service and customer retention / attention versus the terrible treatment I get at CMO and indifferent I get at Sportsmans that makes a big difference to me. I have already bought about 6 longguns from Dick's in thje past 2, 2.5 yrs (4 or so from Oxford Valley, 2 from Princeton) and I like them.

I bought a Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD .308 from CMO the day after Election Day. I was going to buy a $1-$1300 scope from them too, but they started suddenly treating me so poorly, then when I bought the Saiga 12 from them 3 days after the Remington 700, and their "co-owner" Rocky COMPLETELY disrespected and insulted me (story is elsewhere) I vowed, Never again spend a dime, and DEFINITELY not buying the Leupold scope *AND* EOTech holographic sight I was about to buy *(For my new Remington 700 and the EOTech as an additional Christmas present for my dad for theSaiga 12).

So I looked online a lot, wound up really liking a Nikon Monarch... I had compared the Leupold VX3 / VX3L 4.5-14x50mm Illuminated Reticle Boone & Crockett and really liked it, then I tried it side by side the Nikon Monarch, and Zeiss Conquest, and was like, I lke this one,, AT THE VERY LEAST *equally* and actually I think I like it better... and decided to shop online for the best prices. I finally decided to "pull the trigger" two Sundays ago, and was online at Dick's Sporting Good's website (I like them plus they had a great price normally) and was about to buy the Nikon Monarch 5-20x44mm Side Focus (SF) Bullet Drop Compensator (BDC) Reticle scope, i realized I needed to get up, get my wallet from jacket...to get the credit card to pay. Well dog sees my pick up my jacket, he starts howling and a -growling for a walk, and he wasn't taking no for an answer. So I had to take him for a walk, by the time i got back 30 mins later the computer had went to sleep, and I lost temporary motivation to complete the transaction. I went to sleep. Well I woke up Monday Morning and had a "CYBER MONDAY" 25% off One Item and Free Shipping at Dick's ... SO I SAID, Damned Straight, I was about to buy this last night, now I can save 25% 12 hours later... SOLD. I promptly buy it and save me a ton of cash,. ON TOP OF THE FACT I saved 100% by not spending DOUBLE the price of the Nikon Monarch for the Leupold I was going to buy from CMO.

Well it came in a week later, and I mounted it. I had previously had CMO's very nice gunsmith "Pierre?" I think install a Leupold base and rings while I was waiting for 2 hours NICS check. So I installed the scope but I could not get it nearly sighted in with my cheapo Bushnell boresighter. I assumed I had not had the proper arbors or my laser was junk, tried the old fashioned way, but I was not even close. So after a few days I decided to take it to Dick's, they offer these services for people to pay them but I had bought it from their company's website so the person on the phone told me it would be completely free.

Well to move the story along, the kid helping me could not get it even close either, he showed me. We were not in the same league,. he said, I think it's defective bud, you should return it. I mentioned I thought my box had either been opened before I got it, tampered with, or was most likely already a return, he was like, That's it dude we are returning it on the spot and getting you another one. HERE IS WHERE THE STORY GETS GOING-

He gets the first manager involved and explains how they have to return it (with no box, no receipt, no accessories, because they knew I was a good customer) and they will also refund me the FULL RETAIL PRICE so I can order a new one with the discount built in. We go to their store computer, load the website, AND NO NIKON MONARCH 5-20's... NONE. I am like < DUDE I ordered this like 8 days ago!!!! They say, yeah must be sold out... the only thing comparable i the 6-24x50mm but it's a Nikoplex reticle, bigger obviously, and $100 more. The manager says, look I will take half off the difference for you because of the defective product... NOW I really *DID NOT WANT* a bigger scope (6-24x50mm is fine but it's not exactly what I wanted), I REALLY Did not want the Nikoplex vs. the BDC reticle, and I CERTAINLY did not want to spend more cash. They understood, but pointed out, there was nothing close on their website, they checked there was no other stores with inventory anywhere close (They don't carry their "super premium" optics on the stores) and all they had was cheaper, much less scopes (I think the best they could have done was a 2.5-10x42mm)... So I reluctantly agreed and the guy said I would get $50 off the $100 difference [and of course be getting a larger , more powerful scope].

So while we are using their computer to "order" me another Nikon , their is a problem with the checkout. Something happened, because everything had to be done with gift cards, I had a $500 gift card, a $63.50 gift card [maximum of 500 on one, balance of return on the other for 563.50 or something], a $50 from the manager, and then a $62 gift card that i had to come out of pocket for to make the balance even and complete the purchase... We could not get it to work, it took like 10 mins of trying then calling their company to help....FINALLY we get the 4 gift-cards to square and proceed to order it, AND SOMEONE ELSE BOUGHT THAT SCOPE OUT FROM UNDER ME!!!!! WHILE I was trying to order it someone else ordered it, and that was the last one!!!! I WAS SO PO'd bros I can't describe it. The manager who had taken over helping me was amazed and shocked and they were like, Hmm.. Sorry?

So they start calling and looking online *** NO ONE STORE IN THE USA *** could be found carrying the Nikon Monarch. I pointed out, look I really didn't want the 6-20x50mm for more money Anyway, can we look for the original 5-20x44mm BDC please? STILL NOTHING. for 30 mins they tried every place in America they could contact, nothing. The manager had third manager come over, these two younger gents (vs the like 50-60 year old manager who helped me first) were like, WE WILL Take care of you somehow, even if we have to give you all your money back. I said, I will take cash of course, but they pointed out (RIGHTFULLY SO) if I took my cash and went home, and went online to order it from somewhere else, I would be forfeiting my 25% off discount and free shipping so... e kept looking . NADA. They subtly asked, is there a different scope we offer on our site you would consider taking ? And I said very honestly, Look I don't want to sound like a D'bag, but , the only ones I would take would be the top end Leupold VX3/VX3L you have and or the Swarovski you have. ... the bare minimum I would take would be the Leupold VX3L 4.5-14x50mm you have online (Which would be double the price, $1099), would prefer the 6.5-20x56mm VX3L ($1299-$1599 depending on the reticle), and would consider the 3.5-18x44 Swarovski ($1499.) or a few different Zeiss's , minimum $899 thru $1499 depending on size and magnification and reticle.. I pointed out, and they did seem to agree, it's not that i was trying to be a punk and say, I only want the double and triple priced for 1/2 or 1/3 the price, they were the only scopes equal to the Nikon Monarch in size/magnification with an equal or in these cases greater reputation...I said and they agreed, the Leupold's would be about a wash quality wise, I'd call it a tie they agreed, and the Zeiss and/or Swarovski would be an upgrade for me but in this case there wasn't a lot to do about it because there was no other options to really get me the same ... so I said, I'd probably take and be happy with one of those Leupold VX3L's, Zeiss or Swarovski high ends, but can you swing that? They didn't really answer yes or no but seemed like they MIGHT have done it but weren't sure really.

The manager's did both assure me, LISTEN, we've already spent like 2 hours on you, WE WILL NOT STOP until you are completely satisfied, be it leaving with your cash completely refunded, getting you the same scope, getting you something comparable or better you are completely happy with, but if you have to spend the day with us, you'll leave happy... One even offered to pay for me to go have lunch (At Taco Bell loool) on him while they worked, I politely declined and said I;d rather see this through.

As I was sort of hinting, you know, I would probably take one of this Swarovski or Zeiss's and be done with it..... The one manager comes over to the other manager and suggests, "Why don't we just order him exactly what he wants from somewhere else?" the other manager is like, "I think that would be the best idea' and the kid from the Hunting Lodge department who worked TIRELESSLY for me was like, That needs to make sure we get him EXACTLY the scope he wanted/wants, the 5-20x44mm BDC SF scope, NOT The other one/ones he was going to settle for / spend more for something he wanted less... And they did just that, they found a place that had it, ordered it to their store, *AND THEN*... this is where it gets great. One manager gave me a $50 gift card for my troubles. ANOTHER manager gave me $100 credit on the purchase for my troubles, which he said, we're gonna re-ring you through the register, having refunded everything earlier we'll re ring you up. When they re-rang me, the Monarch came up as a "Gun" which they had a sale on , $40 off guns over $500-$999, so I pocketed the $50 gift card, PLUS he had given me a $100 credit and then $40 came off as a sale price, so the cashier handed me ANOTHER gift card with like $140 on it... *AND* the kid said, when the scope comes in, we'll mount it, I will get you a set of upgraded rings for mounting it on the store's dime because of the issues we had.... So I have a BRAND NEW Nikon Monarch 5-20x44mm BDC SF coming in, I left with like $190+ in gift cards to spend there, (When I mentioned I wanted to spend it all on .308 Ammo for my rifle, they said when you come back in "We'll take care of you on that too"), I will be getting a new set of upgraded rings for mounting it, they are going to mount and boresight it for me .... and I could not be happier. I mean truly , this situation just kept getting crazier and then it ended extremely well... I mean I could not be happier.

Anyway Oxford Valley/ Fairless Hills Dick's Sporting Goods earned a CUSTOMER FOR LIFE and it was an extremely beneficial ending for me, I tell you all this because if you are in need I strongly suggest you go there. The young gentleman who helped me this time's name was Jim, another young gentleman who previously helped me / sold me my 870 Tactical his name is Anthony, both extremely polite, hard working , energetic and extremely customer service oriented, and the 3 managers I dealt with were absolutely not going to stop until I was totally satisfied.... HIGHLY HIGHLY Recommended After my terrible treatment REPEATEDLY at CMO despite several purchases, this place was like a COUNTRY CLUB comparatively ....

Since i actually graduated from the 6th grade, i was able to read this in less than 5 mins.

Apparently you graduated before they just graduated people for just going to school everyday. ;)

I read it too. Congrats on a great experience Scrap. I need to find that link to the other story about the jacka$$.

Thanks to you gents, much appreciated. Hey, if my experience can maybe help someone else on here have a similiar experience, it was worth the typing right? At least that's how I feel about it.

To those who are so mad about it, hey if you don't like me or my posts, don't read them... Simple as that! As far as I'm concerned, if I don't mind it doesn't matter, if you can't stand me or reading me feel free to buzz off elsewhere, because I'm not going to stop.

Again thanks to those who were nice.

Thanks to you gents, much appreciated. Hey, if my experience can maybe help someone else on here have a similiar experience, it was worth the typing right? At least that's how I feel about it.

To those who are so mad about it, hey if you don't like me or my posts, don't read them... Simple as that! As far as I'm concerned, if I don't mind it doesn't matter, if you can't stand me or reading me feel free to buzz off elsewhere, because I'm not going to stop.

Whoa there......You've been around long enough to recognize when your chops are being busted, men do that sometimes, I don't detect any anger on this thread so maybe you should dial the rightous indignation back a bit?

Just a suggestion. But if it were me, I would write a letter to their corp HQ, commending the prople who helped you. Such people need to be recognised and rewarded. I wouldn't mention the number of gift cards you got frm them though, just in case.

TurboT,

In fact I did sir, twice actually.

Basically the one manager (I took him to be maybe late 30s or early 40s, he seemed to be like an XO-type or maybe a floor manager, operations manager, kind of like an executive officer type guy, maybe not the #1 overall but certainly one of the top guys and when he spoke everyone listened, and everyone around the store took orders from him, came to him with their problems / he was concerned store wide not just one or two sections/areas of responsibility etc.) , anyway he had said to me near the end, paraphrased, "You'd be doing the young kid (College aged kid who did all the work for me, I think a Temple student) a big big solid both in the short and long term if you took our "receipt feedback survey" and said something really nice about him, maybe even sneak in a compliment for the whole store" and I was like, ABSOLUTELY... Which I did. You get a website address from the bottom of the receipt... but it's almost all push-the-buttom-cooresponding type feedback questions, "5 I strong disagree, 3 I'm neutral, 1 I strongly disagree" Etc. There was a box for a personalized comment but it was only like 1200 characters max I think, and as we all know I can type that in 60 seconds flat lol. So I wrote as much and as nice as I could about the kid, the 3 managers, and the store overall.

Then I got their company email address and typed up a longer, stronger, more formal and full email to explain both how absolutely upset I was initially at the situation and how the guys worked tirelessly to fix it and wound up making me very very happy in the end. Now I have not received a response to either, other than the standard "$10 off next purchase of $50 or more" coupon you get for completely filling out the receipt feedback survey... WHICH IS KIND OF BULLSTUFF because you can't spend it on firearms, firearms accessories, or ammunition -- THE is ONLY REASON I was in the place and the only thing I ever buy from them guns, ammo, and gun stuff. I am thinking when I go in next week to get my new scope. I will show who'ever is helping me the coupon and hopefully have them let me override that puppy and get me my $10 off on ammo.

Now lastly, my Dad has suggested that, provided alls well that ends well and the new Nikon Monarch scope comes in on time and they get it mounted right and bore sighted right and I'm all Good - to - Go, I hand write the corporate office a letter detailing everything one last time, and thanking the exact gentlemen who helped me and showing how if not for them I would have left and never returned, whereas now I'm most likely a customer for life... I will almost certainly do that ,,, Just gotta get the deal done so, when that happens I will, Im sure.

I have noticed, every single day ythe past two weeks I awake to some sort of Dick's Sporting Goods discount offer in my email box.

Jeez, whine much?

At this point if I worked at Dick's head office I'd be throwing discount cards at you just to get you to shut the fu@k up............ :lol:

The smiley face is to denote that the post is written in jest........Just in case you misunderstood it's tone.

This. Times a million.

If it bothers you or anyone else so much, that I am posting stuff about relevant firearms and community topics, *** do not work those precious brain cells and read them or bother commenting *** I can't make it any simpler than that. If it BOTHERS YOU SO MUCH just ignore me|!