Sign in to follow this  
fishnut

My dads an idiot

Ok without going into to much detail my dad was arrested last night.Nothing firearms related. But there is a restraining order agenst him. He was forced to give up His FID and his firearms. What do i have to do in order to get his guns? Or is that even possable? one is a pistol so do I need to get a PPP? I am not getting them to give them back to him(I know that would be illegal) I dont think he even wants them any more but i want them to keep. Thanks guys

This happened to a friend of mine (the idiot part). They confiscated his guns (a few shotguns that had been his grandfather's and a small handgun). His cousin wanted the shotguns but did not want the pistol, so he gave it to me. I just applied for a permit, and when I got it went to the police station, handed them the permit, and they handed me the handgun. No hassle whatsoever. This was in Somerset County, about 3 years ago.

Careful! - Wish I could remember which gunforhire radio episode it was, but Nappen was discussing that if guns are seized for a DV/restraining order situation and the former owner does not attempt to get them back (assuming there is no conviction that prevents him from otherwise owning firearms) then it can hurt his ability to apply for a FID/pistol permits in the future.

well I am pretty sure there is going to be a conviction and I just talked to him he dose not want to owne firearms anymore anyway. He dosent even know when is the last time he shot. well over 10 years. I just want to get the guns for me to enjoy.

Careful! - Wish I could remember which gunforhire radio episode it was, but Nappen was discussing that if guns are seized for a DV/restraining order situation and the former owner does not attempt to get them back (assuming there is no conviction that prevents him from otherwise owning firearms) then it can hurt his ability to apply for a FID/pistol permits in the future.

Yeah but...if the guy transfers all the firearms legally and then is found not guilty or the order is vacated there would be no guns to get back.