mag1

-1 nino

Agreed to sell his S&W AR 22 rifle for $350.Was buying it for my brother, then transfer to him.

We were supposed to meet at 9pm tonite.

At 840pm, he texted that he was running late and he was sorry.

Long story short, he never showed up. I left a vm, no return call.

Not a text from him after 840pm Like idiots, we waited an hour and 20 minutes for this guy to show up.

Why the hell would someone do that? I was with my pregnant wife and son waiting at a rest area over an hour away from my house.

This was when he was last on the forum. At first we thought something happened bad, but then he was active at 1041 pm tonite.

Just stupid..I looked over all the pm's and texts again, and never did he say sorry Joe, I cant meet, or sorry, dont wanna sell the rifle.

Im not mad, but my wife is pissed! The bottom was his last activity time, it is now 1136 pm.

Last Active Today, 10:41 PM

He hasnt contacted me.

All I needed was a phone call or text saying "I cant make it", "Ive decided not to sell it", "Im sick", "My car broke down", "My BOYfriend and I are fighting", or anything so I could get my 4 year old home at a decent hour and not wait in a parking lot from 840-1020pm. So that is more than an hour and 20 minutes. Guess its my fault for asking them to take the ride with me, and actually thing someone would be that late. Thank god I wasnt alone and waiting, then I woulda been pissed.

And that is my story, its true, and I am sticking with it.

I hate tattletales, but in the case, maybe I can save some of the members the time and aggravation that my family went through on a Tuesday night.

At least I still have my $350.

I've dealt with two DBags on the forum. One was a lying Bag of S, back out gutless bastard. and One was a no show changed his mind, no call jerk.

Now though maybe I should have, I didn't "-1" them. But I know who they are. One just used the forum like an old whore to sell his sh!t and isn't here anymore and one I think is just a flakey kid that needs to learn some responsibility.

You got the dirty end of the stick and I hope to see an apology and explanation soon.

But that's only two out of many.

That sucks OP I would be pissed. I had a similar problem with a member here. He commited to buy a bow from me and on the day we were supposed to meet he stopped all contact. I did not post a -1 only because I was new here and that member had well over 3000 posts so I kept my mouth shut but I will never sell anything to that person ever, even if he is the only person interested.

actually, he did the same thing to me.. stood me up twice!! we decided to meet at bullet hole, then said he was running late then just stopped responding. then two days later wanted to meet up and did it again. so yes, possible troll. has anyone actually bought something from him?

Agreed to sell his S&W AR 22 rifle for $350.Was buying it for my brother, then transfer to him.

We were supposed to meet at 9pm tonite.

Sucks you got stood up. He did just prevent you from committing a crime. Purchasing something with the intention of transferring it to someone else is a straw purchase.

Only if that person can not legally own a firearm. Whose to say he didn't rethink that he'd like his $$ on the way back home.

Actually, the law specifically discusses this. It doesn't matter whether or not the intended person is able to purchase the firearm themselves or not. What matters is the original buyer has no intention of keeping it and is therefore lying on paperwork.

The ability of the buyer to purchase a firearm does not make the straw purchase. Intent makes the straw purchase.

http://www.atf.gov/p...tf-p-5300-4.pdf

15. straw PURCHASES

Questions have arisen concerning the lawfulness of firearms purchases from licensees by persons who use a "straw purchaser" (another person) to acquire the firearms. Specifically, the actual buyer uses the straw purchaser to execute the Form 4473 purporting to show that the straw purchaser is the actual purchaser of the firearm. In some instances, a straw purchaser is used because the actual purchaser is prohibited from acquiring the firearm. That is to say, the actual purchaser is a felon or is within one of the other prohibited categories of persons who may not lawfully acquire firearms or is a resident of a State other than that in which the licensee's business premises is located. Because of his or her disability, the person uses a straw purchaser who is not prohibited from purchasing a firearm from the licensee.

In other instances, neither the straw purchaser nor the actual purchaser is prohibited from acquiring the firearm. In both instances, the straw purchaser violates Federal law by making false statements on Form 4473 to the licensee with respect to the identity of the actual purchaser of the firearm, as well as the actual purchaser's residence address and date of birth. The actual purchaser who utilized the straw purchaser

to acquire a firearm has unlawfully aided and abetted or caused the making of the false statements. The licensee selling the firearm under these

circumstances also violates Federal law if the licensee is aware of the false statements on the form. It is immaterial that the actual purchaser and the straw purchaser are residents of the State in which the licensee's business premises is located, are not prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms, and could have lawfully purchased firearms from the licensee

Guess I'm guilty!

I bought a gun from a member here with the sole intention of giving it to my father last year for Christmas. I can legally buy/sell guns, so can he. We both have valid FID's with matching drivers lic, so I don't see the problem. If my father didn't have an FID with a DL with correct address then I would not have done it. How is this illegal?

Plus this is for mag you wanted to do a purchase at exit 123 at the rest area? Don't you think that's totally against the law? You should come by me and do it a legit facility!! So I'm not gonna go give you -5 on your page. I have the texts I never said for you to wait. I said I get out of work at 8. Doesn't mean I leave exactly at 8. My phone died got home and put it on by the time I got your message it was too late for me to call!!!

If it's for the S&W M&P15 - it's a long gun so it's fine - you don't need to do the transaction at a range or anything.

"My phone died" isn't a valid excuse - that's irresponsible. If you know you'll need your phone, charge it. There are car chargers and emergency battery packs - it's about responsibility.

Please take up your issue directly with mag1 - if it continues on in here, I'm locking this topic.

Sucks you got stood up. He did just prevent you from committing a crime. Purchasing something with the intention of transferring it to someone else is a straw purchase.

Straw purschase?

He has a FID. Its my brother. No crime was being committed.

I was gonna shoot the .22, put a nice scope on it, and Merry Christmas.

He was not going to obtain this firearm without a legal transfer, nor was it going to ever be in his possession without a legal transfer.

That is the most bs thing I have ever heard. I've done deals in parking lots on everything.

There is no excuse for your lack of consideration for mag1. Something in the area of lying sack if $hit keeps popping in my head.

If it's for the S&W M&P15 - it's a long gun so it's fine - you don't need to do the transaction at a range or anything.

"My phone died" isn't a valid excuse - that's irresponsible. If you know you'll need your phone, charge it. There are car chargers and emergency battery packs - it's about responsibility.

Please take up your issue directly with mag1 - if it continues on in here, I'm locking this topic.

Nick you're sooooo paternal since you got married....LOL

Plus this is for mag you wanted to do a purchase at exit 123 at the rest area? Don't you think that's totally against the law? You should come by me and do it a legit facility!! So I'm not gonna go give you -5 on your page. I have the texts I never said for you to wait. I said I get out of work at 8. Doesn't mean I leave exactly at 8. My phone died got home and put it on by the time I got your message it was too late for me to call!!!

Not sure which is worse, that BS excuse, or your ignorance of the law, considering your place of employment

Your fingers were broke and that is why you couldnt pm me on the forum.

It is over, no hard feelings, just be a little more courteous.