Neted

Sig P226 on its way!

So I'm picking it up Friday at the FFL which just happens to be about a mile from RTSP. I'm new to guns so is there anything I need to do before my first time using it or can I shoot right out of the box?

post-5572-13553102944_thumb.jpg

Ed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm extremely jealous... I always wanted a Sig P226 and the Sig P226 Navy is what I really want... I bought a Glock 23 in .40 S&W as my first pistol because it's what my father carried on the job and Glock is like our family brand / .40 S&W our family caliber, but I lust over the Sig P226 Navy or now the MK 25 a lot, Special Warfare issue and a beautiful looking, beautiful working piece of noisemaking machinery ... Very jealous sir.

I'm extremely jealous... I always wanted a Sig P226 and the Sig P226 Navy is what I really want... I bought a Glock 23 in .40 S&W as my first pistol because it's what my father carried on the job and Glock is like our family brand / .40 S&W our family caliber, but I lust over the Sig P226 Navy or now the MK 25 a lot, Special Warfare issue and a beautiful looking, beautiful working piece of noisemaking machinery ... Very jealous sir.

I've done a lot of research on this and have shot many different types and makes of handguns. This one just felt right and I like the stainless and rosewood. Everyone I spoke to about Sigs said they were EXTREMELY reliable, so I can't wait for it to get in!

Ed

That looks sweet! I have a permit that expires a day or two before Xmas and I'm deciding what to do with it. I have been thinking about the 226 and like them a lot. I currently have a Glock 19 G4 and a Kimber Custom II 1911 in .45.

Trying to decide whether I want a Sig in .40 or 9, or possibly some type of revolver (.357/38) for this permit. It's like I feel guilty not using the P2P... I like the idea of adding a revolver to my collection, however, I am having trouble finding one that jumps out at me.

Good luck with your 226, and definitely should give it an initial clean/lube.

i like the mk25 but dislike how sig keeps changing things. why a different rail than the p226r standard. ( i guess its mil-requirement?) but still. who wants more holsters

My P226 was my first gun, picked it up about 45 minutes after getting my FID and PP... It's a great firearm, and I love it. It fits my hand very well, though I thought nothing would fit my hands better...though I may like the thinner P220 (single stack .45acp) even better... I'm sure you will love your P226...I really like the rosewood elite models.... Congrats and have fun with it!

Good Luck - clean and Lube first...Beuty of a gun - love the Anchor being X-Navy...Too bad they don't make it in 45 cal - I would add it to my quickly growing collection.

BTW I have a Sig 1911 Tacops Traditional in 45 - very nice gun...Just be ware the trigger out of the box was horrible. But after 1000 rounds it is so sweet! All these guns requier break-in - especially the all steel variety...Not saying your sig will have same start up issue - but just an FYI.

Good Luck - clean and Lube first...Beuty of a gun - love the Anchor being X-Navy...Too bad they don't make it in 45 cal - I would add it to my quickly growing collection.

There's always the rumor of the p227...and the slightly less realistic rumor of the p227 in MK25 trim. .45 in the p226 frame profile would make me a very happy boy.

Hi Ed which FFL did you get it from? Trying to think who is a mile from RTSP. Store or just FFL transfer?

Carlucci Arms, they are in the Aspen Industrial Park off Canfield Road. 25 FFL fee and 15 NICS fee.

Ed

Went to RTSP and ran 200 rounds through her with no issues. Felt GREAT like it was made for my hand. A buddy came with me and had trouble holding it it was a little too big for him. So now he's looking at the Glocks. Anyway love the gun may stop there again tomorrow afternoon.

Ed