Sign in to follow this  
Underdog

TISAS 1911-A1

Talking about Tisas 1911's? I picked mine up Thursday afternoon. I found it used on Gunbroker for $275.00 1911A1 black, and I never would have guessed that it was not factory new!!! Only looked like less than a box of rounds through it, hammer had just a whisper of wear, entire gun looked primo. I'm guessing the reason was that there was a very slight problem with the mag ( ...a wise old range officer at Heritage told me anytime you have a 1911 problem, try a different brand mag FIRST!!) he was right. Tried a colt mag and worked fine; took a close look at the Tisas and found that a hint of adjustment where the mag touched the ejector button did the trick.

Friday, put two boxes of reloads through it with only one jam, and I'm sure that that will work itself out in a few hundred rounds. NOW, HERE'S THE KICKER!!! The only reason I hesitated on the TIsas to start with was because I was afraid of a crappy trigger which is all you really hear about. I was very disappointed with a Rock Island 1911 trigger I rented from RTSP and held off buying one. Maybe I just got lucky, but my Tisas trigger was really sweet! Even my FFL who checked it out before transfer couldn't believe how crisp and easy it was! He even told me when he opened the box upon receipt he said to himself, OK, trigger job, but changed his mind on trying it. It shot really nice and the sights were very good also; I'm still getting used to it but I think I found me a winner; ....especially at that price!!!

Anyone else with a Tisas update?

well I must say that I was rolling my eye at these but now with the great reviews I will have to check them out and likely get one when my other stuff is paid up to date. thanks for the help even tho I didn't ask for it. or did I , lol...