RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout! January 6th at Clinton WMA

I have the video loaded on the computer but do not have a host that will host it being about 30 minutes long, so i will have to break it down into smaller vids..

Upload it to YouTube. And paste the link in the thread

Hey Drez, did you pick a Feb shotgun shoot out date yet?

Not yet. I've been around the forum, just been busy and haven't organized it yet. I know a lot of us were debating skipping February and doing a LVSC meet for march. Any feedback on that? I can make a thread for February shoot if some ppl wanna go, but I'm saving most of my ammo for LV.

I really need to get myself a hunting license so I can go out there by myself and practice. There's no way to get one before February right?

Do you want to shoot? I'm free in weekends but don't have a thrower I have a valid license

Your "Lol" says it all young grasshopper.

Awww sit :lol:

AnthonyC, you will need to take Hunters Ed to get your license unless you've taken it before and your license has expired. If you are trying to get an original license, then look at the Hunters Ed website and go from there...it's simple. The hardest part is finding a date to do it.

If you are renewing, most sportsman's retailers and Walmart do renewals. All you do is tell them what kind of license you want and pay the fee and you're done.

Not yet. I've been around the forum, just been busy and haven't organized it yet. I know a lot of us were debating skipping February and doing a LVSC meet for march. Any feedback on that? I can make a thread for February shoot if some ppl wanna go, but I'm saving most of my ammo for LV.

Feb. is no good for me but I'd be interested in the LVSC shoot in March.

I really need to get myself a hunting license so I can go out there by myself and practice. There's no way to get one before February right?

I've been there many many times and haven't had a valid hunting license in years. As long as your not out there being an asshole the game wardens shouldn't really bother you. I was at the .22 range Sunday afternoon and a game warden showed up. He asked if someone was there with a pistol earlier. i said no so he just made sure everything was rimfire or otherwise legal for the range and left. Never checked for license...

I'll be willing to go on a Saturday as well, that way I can us Sunday to chill before starting work for the week. I'm with Ray, Superbowl Sunday also sounds good and it should hopefully be empty. If anyone ever goes on Saturday give me a shout, I'll head down there and shoot.

What is LVSC? Also anyone ever shoot Layton? Or Black River?

Black river is a decent clay range. It's clay only though, there is no rifle range. One thing in particular I don't like about black river though is there's a wall between your truck and where you shoot. I guess that's there for noise reduction? I'd rather back my truck up right where you shoot, like in Clinton

Do you want to shoot? I'm free in weekends but don't have a thrower I have a valid license

Thanks for the offer man, I may take you up on it. I am scheduled to work this coming weekend but maybe next weekend if you're free. I'll shoot you a PM sometime next week to see if we can schedule something. Thanks. I'd love to shoot that 930 too. I just picked up a 590a1.

I've been there many many times and haven't had a valid hunting license in years. As long as your not out there being an asshole the game wardens shouldn't really bother you. I was at the .22 range Sunday afternoon and a game warden showed up. He asked if someone was there with a pistol earlier. i said no so he just made sure everything was rimfire or otherwise legal for the range and left. Never checked for license...

It would probably be fine but with my luck I'd rather comply with the rules. I have the worst luck lol

If anyone is up to meet on Feb 3 that possibly has a valid hunting license then let me know. From the previous posts seems that if you are sensible that it might not be that necessary. I just bought a thrower and it works great so that part is taken care of.