555wrx

nj's "system is down"?

I went to purchase an AR lower today at Bullseye Tactical (great place if you have never been) but couldn't walk away with it because "We can't get in touch with the state" and that "Their system is down" and has been since Saturday apparently. No one I spoke with in the store has any idea why this is happening, or how long they think it will take to come back up.

Does anyone have any inside info they can share with the rest of the class? I'd really like to put together the lower I already paid for <_<

Thanks for any help!

My local PD told me that Trenton was down for a week, last week. so things are pretty backed up. I would imagine that a LOT of requests are being processed and the system is overloaded. I'm not quite ready to put on my "tin foil chapeau" yet, but I am learning how to fold one correctly.

C

Considering the speed of modern hardware with regards to automated infrastructure, some explanations are 1) gross misengineering of the NICS system 2) hanging up on incoming NICS requests and going out for a coffee/smoke. 3) malicious understaffing.

sheesh.

(Waiting on my order with PK90 to clear the NICS "system" . Guess they need to feed the hamsters spinning the generator wheels. )

Hope things calm down after the 1st of the year. I'd like to shop for a rifle and/or shotgun but these runs on guns and ammo really drive up the wait time and the prices.

LMAO ... glad I bought a lower from Ira a few weeks back ... and that I jumped on the M&P 45 I ran across at RTSP a week ago.

See? It definately pays to have a few PTP's waiting in the wings - ya never know when you'll need one.