555wrx

nj's "system is down"?

Just a really high volume since election. I bought a rifle a month ago and it took the shop owner 6 hours to get through. I left the rifle with him at noon and he called back at 6:30PM saying it was done. He told me the same thing as mentioned above: they shut off the phone lines to catch up.

To play devil's advocate: I'm kind of understand them. They also had cutbacks and probably short-staffed. They can't just hire someone to do work that may stop coming in in as suddenly as it started.

I'm waiting since Friday 12/14, FFL tells me that he cannot Fax mine in as he had already called it in and was waiting for the callback when things went down. I'm not really sure what to believe.

Went to pick up my "Assault Weapon" and was told That the State Police aint pickin up the phone. Will have to be faxed in and they will call me when it goes through.

They could only say it could take up to 24 to 48 hrs or more. It's out of thier hands.

Got the call today about 24 hrs from when I filled out the paperwork for the nics. Will pick up my piece tommorrow, thank you very much.

Side note, was told by a LEO I know that they got 60-70 year old people coming in for FID's and P2P permits since Obama got reelected.

Purchased a long gun from Luciano's Tuesday 12/18 in the afternoon and couldn't leave with it. Said expected NICS turn around is 24-48 hours. Called in tonight 12/19 and still a no go. Hopefully tomorrow. Hopefully get to grab it and sight it in before Friday!

Check your permit experation dates guys and get them extended if needed. Easy to see someone purchasing a handgun today with their permit expiring in a couple few days and not getting approved in time.

Im glad I bought 3 rifles in the past 3 yrs each, and some ammo, in anticipation of this. In other words im afraid, I knew SADLY that this type of incident MAY happen, 3 Saiga AK's. One converted, one new in box .308 unfired, and one bone stock w monte carlo stock except quad rail so it does not 'look' like an "assault" thingy.

I guess my values will go UP.

Apparently NJSP lost power some time today. LOL. Just spoke with HG and they think I may have "fallen through the cracks". Perfect. Ah well.

Perhaps NJSP should stop playing middle man and charging you for a free service.

Purchased my AR from the Bullethole and paid in full on Monday and I am STILL waiting. The phone system was down on Monday and they faxed my info in. Called yesterday just to check and the phone system to NICS is still down and not answering. Patience is a virtue. Maybe today... maybe tomorrow...

Just got the call. 71 hours. Sheesh.

Now off to Casos to start it again on my black gun

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

71 hours? Not bad at all. I am on 72 and still counting. I can only imagine how overwhelmed the NJSP is with new FID apps and handgun license requests never mind the NICS check.

Check your permit experation dates guys and get them extended if needed. Easy to see someone purchasing a handgun today with their permit expiring in a couple few days and not getting approved in time.

I was under the impression that once the gun is purchased and the permit executed for purchase then the date of expiration essentially stops regardless of the time it takes to OK everything.

What is the current legal status if you submit a NICS check and you don't get a response? Can you claim that you've received a delayed status and start the clock to release a firearm to the purchaser after three days?

Do you need the delayed response and the transaction number to start the count?

Does NJ even recognize this portion of the Federal check?

LUP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD