555wrx

nj's "system is down"?

Purchased (at least tried to) at Heritage Guild this afternoon. Place was mobbed at 2:30 in the afternoon on a weekday. Was told NICS would be 24-48 hours and they had to be faxed in - no calls. While I was there someone came in to ask about one they purchased Monday. The shop called to check the status NICS had no record of it so it had to be faxed all over again. Folks in the shop are great but there is only so much they can do. More of the NJ BS...

I was under the impression that once the gun is purchased and the permit executed for purchase then the date of expiration essentially stops regardless of the time it takes to OK everything.

Not so sure about that one. The 4473 is filled out prior to NICs call, but the permit is usually filled out after the approval comes back. That is usually the date of sale, so in therory the callback approval might come back after a permit could expire, if it takes days to go through. The gun can not be transfered till approved. Sale date/Transfer date is approval date right??Could be wrong but I would like to know the correct answer either way.

Purchased a long gun from Luciano's Tuesday 12/18 in the afternoon and couldn't leave with it. Said expected NICS turn around is 24-48 hours. Called in tonight 12/19 and still a no go. Hopefully tomorrow. Hopefully get to grab it and sight it in before Friday!

Thursday 12/20 is passing and still no call. Not bashing Luciano's at all, I know it's not them and I know they did everything in their power to submit/call/fax the request in and is not just sitting on a pile. Can't wait to see the stats on this months gun sales nation wide.

I called to check on my Nics check status today and still nothing, i was told 24-48 hours when my paperwork was faxed in on Saturday the 22nd. I know we had Christmas in there but even if you take out 2 days for that it is still twice as long as estimated. Anyone else experience similar or knows what is going on? The shop i purchased through could not give me any new estimates of how much longer.

NICS, more people paying, should be more people to answer phone, $15 a pop, anyone good at math? Excuse my common sense, I come from the private sector.

Even in private sector, workforce is not something that can react to short run changes. Assuming they are civilians they would need to hire and train more people. If they are troopers they would need to hire and train more troopers or pull some off the street. Neither of which are viable for a temporary change in call volume.

Purchased (at least tried to) at Heritage Guild this afternoon. Place was mobbed at 2:30 in the afternoon on a weekday. Was told NICS would be 24-48 hours and they had to be faxed in - no calls. While I was there someone came in to ask about one they purchased Monday. The shop called to check the status NICS had no record of it so it had to be faxed all over again. Folks in the shop are great but there is only so much they can do. More of the NJ BS...

I was there today around 11am, Purchases a Springfield XDs, Joe told me to call on Saturday to see if he had any news regarding my NCIS. My Permit expires on New years eve, so I went to PD and had it extended for 90 more days. But hopefully I get to pick up next week.