RS1200XL

Dick's Sporting Goods BOYCOTT

hate all you want but I just walked into Dicks and purchased multiple boxes of 223 in stock at the "normal price" with no hassles at all..

I honestly could care less if they do or don't choose to carry the guns I like.. I have never and would never purchase a gun from them.. so their business choice has no real impact on me..

Talk about us gun owners being our own worst enemies....

They got good deals on 870s so I bought there. I look for the cheapest price. I don't get too much into the politics.

The fact that there is a commercial, sporting goods/retailer still selling guns in NJ is good enough for me.

They got good deals on 870s so I bought there. I look for the cheapest price. I don't get too much into the politics.

The fact that there is a commercial, sporting goods/retailer still selling guns in NJ is good enough for me.

Good for you and anyone else that chooses to add to the bottom line of a corporation that essentially went along with the idea that ALL gun owners are somehow complicit in the Newtown tragedy.

Me? Not so much. I'll spend my money at more "friendly" establishments, even if I have to pay a little more, rather than give Dick's another red cent. Same with Cheaper Than Dirt. Both of them are gutless.

Why is discrimination bad?

Because this is where it leads!

Sen. Bye and Rep. Godfrey‘s proposals—which will be packaged as one bill—will seek to:

•Prohibit the sale and possession of any rifle, shotgun or pistol magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds;

•Expand the definition of an ‘assault weapon’ under current Connecticut state law to apply to firearms which exhibit just one particular physical trait, as opposed to two (i.e., the presence of a pistol grip beneath the action of the weapon);

•Require the registration with state law enforcement officials—and the biennial registration renewal—of all firearms by model and serial number;

•Institute a 50-percent sales tax on the sale of ammunition and firearms magazines;

•Require a permit to purchase ammunition;

•Prohibit the online purchase of ammunition;

•Prohibit the purchase of ammunition in Connecticut by anyone who is not legally authorized to possess a firearm in Connecticut;

•Prohibit the storage of firearms and ammunition in a manner that allows access by persons under age 18

Damn.. This sucks. Dicks! I was expecting a decent gift card for dicks from a family member for Christmas. What should I do with the gift card now?

Sell it to one of our fellow forum members who can't be bothered to spend a few more bucks at a PRO 2A gun shop.

Sell it to one of our fellow forum members who can't be bothered to spend a few more bucks at a PRO 2A gun shop.

Right...

You want to boycott dicks? Go for it... But don't sit there and whine about others that don't... I buy from "pro 2a" businesses all the time... But with the present reduction in the ability to purchase 556... Who are you punishing by ignoring it being right on the shelf...

How do you continue to live in (and support through taxes) one of the most anti gun states in the nation... What kind of gun enthusiast would live in such an awful place with such restrictive laws.... AWB... Mag limit... OGAM... You must really be anti 2a to live in such an awful place...

Right...

You want to boycott dicks? Go for it... But don't sit there and whine about others that don't... I buy from "pro 2a" businesses all the time... But with the present reduction in the ability to purchase 556... Who are you punishing by ignoring it being right on the shelf...

How do you continue to live in (and support through taxes) one of the most anti gun states in the nation... What kind of gun enthusiast would live in such an awful place with such restrictive laws.... AWB... Mag limit... OGAM... You must really be anti 2a to live in such an awful place...

Whatever you say bud.

plenty of sell-outs here

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/43724-dicks-in-freehold-ammo-limit/page__fromsearch__1

Whatever you say bud.

I am just saying.. you are going to call me out for buying $100 worth of ammo from Dicks for them being so "anti 2A"

while you sit in a state funding one of the most anti gun entities in the nation (the state of NJ)

just seems a little hypocritical to me that's all..

I am just saying.. you are going to call me out for buying $100 worth of ammo from Dicks for them being so "anti 2A"

while you sit in a state funding one of the most anti gun entities in the nation (the state of NJ)

When exactly did I call YOU out? I didn't! I made a general statement about people giving money to a store that doesn't support gun owners. But merely wants to profit off of us.

Don't talk about me like you know me or my personal reasons for staying in this state.

Go drink a beer, get laid, do something and chill the fugg out.

Do you really think there is any equivocation between someone who decides NOT to do business with turncoats such as Dick's, choosing instead to use any number of other brick and mortar sellers of ammo, or any number of online purveyors and telling that someone they should move out of NJ because it's not a 2A-friendly state?

Judging from your previous posts you've got to be smarter than that.

Not really. He's a white supremacist, you should see the stuff he used to post about on Stormfront.org.

dude. He's already addressed this on another thread. I'm not a big fan of when guys jump on someone with a low post count and call them a troll but your post count is up so ill say it. Based off your other post and your obvious hatred of vlad( pm'd once and read a lot of helpful and factual post). You are a TROLL

sent from hell with a smile.

When exactly did I call YOU out? I didn't! I made a general statement about people giving money to a store that doesn't support gun owners. But merely wants to profit off of us.

Don't talk about me like you know me or my personal reasons for staying in this state.

Go drink a beer, get laid, do something and chill the fugg out.

part of the reason I left NJ for PA... is 2A rights... I am a firm believer in firearms... but I am also a firm believer in freedom.. if Dicks sporting goods no longer wants to carry semi automatic rifles they are free to do it.. if you dont want to shop there anymore you are free to do so.. .. but even with disagreeing with that stance that is made on a corporate level.. I am not going to shun the store on a local level that has always been helpful...

the point being when you say I cant be bothered to support a Pro 2A store, it comes off in an abrasive way... especially when you sit there and fund a giant anti gun state government.. the reality is I don't care that you live in NJ.. or why you live in NJ.. that is your business.. but don't question me funding an "anti 2A store" when your tax dollars fund an entire "anti 2A state" if that makes sense..

part of the reason I left NJ for PA... is 2A rights... I am a firm believer in firearms... but I am also a firm believer in freedom.. if Dicks sporting goods no longer wants to carry semi automatic rifles they are free to do it.. if you dont want to shop there anymore you are free to do so.. .. but even with disagreeing with that stance that is made on a corporate level.. I am not going to shun the store on a local level that has always been helpful...

the point being when you say I cant be bothered to support a Pro 2A store, it comes off in an abrasive way... especially when you sit there and fund a giant anti gun state government.. the reality is I don't care that you live in NJ.. or why you live in NJ.. that is your business.. but don't question me funding an "anti 2A store" when your tax dollars fund an entire "anti 2A state" if that makes sense..

You are continually talking out of your ass. I never questioned where YOU spend your money. I don't give a shit about you, and I certainly don't give a shit what you do with your money.

Can you quote the post in which I said 'vladtepes' can't be bothered to support a PRO 2A store? Why are you getting so defensive if you did nothing wrong?

The fact that you keep comparing me living in a state that is anti 2A, to you buying ammo because it was cheap during an ammo scare/shortage is an ignorant comparison.

So I reiterate where exactly did I call you out specifically? Show me a post where I ever mentioned your name.

which one of our forum members were you referring to..

you are CLEARLY talking about Dicks... and I CLEARLY stated I just recently purchased ammo there...

so if you are talking about Dicks.. and I clearly am still purchasing at Dicks.. but you are NOT talking about me.. who were you talking about..

The fact that you keep comparing me living in a state that is anti 2A, to you buying ammo because it was cheap during an ammo scare/shortage is an ignorant comparison.

it is actually a great comparison.. and here is why...

you are concerned that a store is not "pro 2A".. Dicks sporting goods does not create law.. it does not govern people.. its just a store.. but yet you are still awfully worried about them not being pro 2A... all the while sitting in a state that is ACTIVELY ANTI gun rights... a state the tries to impose LAWS to REMOVE your rights... and you fund them through taxation... you fund them on a FAR greater scale than anyone that casually shops at Dicks..

but yet no concern..

how can you possibly call anyone out for shopping at a store that has pulled a type of gun.. while still supporting the anti firearms government that exists in NJ. I would think if financially supporting only entities that are PRO 2A was a huge concern to you.. you would get out of NJ..

which one of our forum members were you referring to..

you are CLEARLY talking about Dicks... and I CLEARLY stated I just recently purchased ammo there...

so if you are talking about Dicks.. and I clearly am still purchasing at Dicks.. but you are NOT talking about me.. who were you talking about..

Check out post #42 for a thread full of people I was speaking about, it was a general statement. If I wanted to single people out, I would've said vladtepes doesn't support 2A stores. But I didn't so there is no reason to get so defensive.

it is actually a great comparison.. and here is why...

you are concerned that a store is not "pro 2A".. Dicks sporting goods does not create law.. it does not govern people.. its just a store.. but yet you are still awfully worried about them not being pro 2A... all the while sitting in a state that is ACTIVELY ANTI gun rights... a state the tries to impose LAWS to REMOVE your rights... and you fund them through taxation... you fund them on a FAR greater scale than anyone that casually shops at Dicks..

but yet no concern..

how can you possibly call anyone out for shopping at a store that has pulled a type of gun.. while still supporting the anti firearms government that exists in NJ. I would think if financially supporting only entities that are PRO 2A was a huge concern to you.. you would get out of NJ..

Because of family issues I cannot leave NJ yet, you made the choice to go to dicks. There is the difference right there, you willingly support an anti 2A store, I have no choice but to live in an anti 2A state. If you can't see the difference IDK what else to say.

Vlad, Im not questioning you, Im disagreeing with your postition. I think your missing some of the bigger picture. If an organization caves so easily to take the easy road, how many might follow if they are not made aware there is a large silent majority out there that dissapproves of their actions.

On the NJ thing, would you prefer I turned tail and ran, or do you prefer that I am standing here and fighting as a founding board member of NJ2AS?

Because of family issues I cannot leave NJ yet, you made the choice to go to dicks. There is the difference right there, you willingly support an anti 2A store, I have no choice but to live in an anti 2A state. If you can't see the difference IDK what else to say.

you don't have to justify to me.. but at the end of the day (and I say this NOT in a confrontational way)... but at the end of the day you CHOOSE to live there.. nothing forces you there.. it may be difficult.. or hard.. or feel impossible to leave.. but it is not.. it is a choice you make for whatever reason...

but at any rate I was simply replying to your statement.. since I AM one of those individuals.. therefore it WAS directed at me..

but thats fine because at the end of the day this is America and you have every right to speak your mind.. if you feel that buying ammo at Dicks is terrible.. you have every right not to..