mattio41

"IF" they should impose a AWB, How Fast

If they should impose a AWB, how fast do you think they will be able to get it through and act on it. and then what happens to all the suppliers selling accessories??

What do we think will be available after the fact?

And PS, the question is "IF"

Instead of wondering if and when, how about you get active for something you believe in and start contacting elected official. In our state you can't even tell me that you are afraid they would know you have guns, because they already know everything you own.

Stop the defeatist worry and do something about it. There are a million gun owners in NJ, we could control every election if we chose. So why don't we?

Instead of wondering if and when, how about you get active for something you believe in and start contacting elected official. In our state you can't even tell me that you are afraid they would know you have guns, because they already know everything you own.

Stop the defeatist worry and do something about it. There are a million gun owners in NJ, we could control every election if we chose. So why don't we?

Thanks for saying it, this thread is full of :facepalm:

I think the AWB is going in no matter what and I'm betting they will be looking for no grandfathering.

Bill submitted yes. If it is too extreme it will not pass, or is very unlikely to pass. Particularly if they are looking to ban all semi autos. My feeling is they will shoot for the stars so to speak and be prepared to negotiate down from there. Even then I still thing it will be tough to ban anything substantial but we shall see. Unfortunately this was an extremely upsetting crime for everyone on boths sides and will need to keep drilling home that further regulation will solve nothing.

Well Defeatist or no Defeatist, I plan and have already written one congressman. Also, just put a deposit on two stag model 3's for me and the mrs, in addition to 10 15/30 round mags.

"I have only Just Begun to Fight"

~John Paul Jones~

As soon as you defeatist nancy boys get fiited for your dresses.

Sure, just get me the name of your seamstress.

Bill submitted yes. If it is too extreme it will not pass, or is very unlikely to pass. Particularly if they are looking to ban all semi autos. My feeling is they will shoot for the stars so to speak and be prepared to negotiate down from there. Even then I still thing it will be tough to ban anything substantial but we shall see. Unfortunately this was an extremely upsetting crime for everyone on boths sides and will need to keep drilling home that further regulation will solve nothing.

I agree with the shooting for the stars part but I think with the current public sentiment on this, the President will use whatever he can concoct to get this in. Look at all the other stuff set into place.

And Obama is creating a gun control task force- headed by a bigger idiot, Biden.

Obama to launch effort led by Biden to create new policies in wake of school shooting: http://fxn.ws/ZNMjFU

uh... this might actually be GOOG news? I mean, come on... it's Buffoon Biden ;)

Amen

Based on a press release it looks like there is a grandfathering clause. So at the very least we are getting lucky there.

That is nonsense, sorry. Stop accepting it as a done deal and help fight it off. The AWB was a pretty terrible time and this one looks a lot worse. If it passes, it will be nothing but a first step for more and more regulation. Having rights removed only partially is not luck, its like saying its ok to enslave you children if they don't enslave you.

I think there will be grandfathering at the federal level, at the state level, they'll probably just crap on us and make us sell everything ahead of time.

The grandfathering may also prohibit sales once a certain date passes. You can keep what you have, but that's it, except in NJ where there is no pre-ban, there's just ban.

That is nonsense, sorry. Stop accepting it as a done deal and help fight it off. The AWB was a pretty terrible time and this one looks a lot worse. If it passes, it will be nothing but a first step for more and more regulation. Having rights removed only partially is not luck, its like saying its ok to enslave you children if they don't enslave you.

We need to bring back the +1. :good:

Not saying I'm accepting it, I think the whole thing is horseshit and any elected official who votes for it we should damn well make sure you don't vote for them ever again.

+100000 Vlad

Wow guys pluck your panties out of your crack and grow a set. There needs to be a unified line in the sand, this far and no further! I will not be content to render unto Caesar that which is not his! I will leave this earth knowing my children have the same rights I entered it with or I will lay down my life fighting for them. Are you Americans or not? To be content to allow them to infringe upon the rights of your children so long as they don't infringe upon yours is not only selfish it is despicable! Not one more inch!!!

Wow guys pluck your panties out of your crack and grow a set. There needs to be a unified line in the sand, this far and no further! I will not be content to render unto Caesar that which is not his! I will leave this earth knowing my children have the same rights I entered it with or I will lay down my life fighting for them. Are you Americans or not? To be content to allow them to infringe upon the rights of your children so long as they don't infringe upon yours is not only selfish it is despicable! Not one more inch!!!

Very well said. Molon labe.

Agree - very surprised that there havn't been more folks contacting politicians (see the polls in the General Gun section) - very Bizzar!

What the hell difference would it make? If it is a day or a week or a month it doesn't matter, as the supply is non-existent. You either own one or you don't at this point. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy something if you can and don't already own it, but this is all pointless speculation as we don't even know what would will be passed if anything at all.

Because NJ gun owners don't form a single voting block. And of the oft-stated one milllion, I doubt very many of them are pressing the issues with their reps.

More on-topic though, I do NOT think a national ban will pass. But in the spirit of this thread, we'd have at least 60 days to act. That's a pull it out of the air guess on my part, because I read some other bills someplace that said second month after ratification. I'll stick with that as my final answer to this distasteful question.

FORGET Congress....The President at anytime can provide for an EXECUTIVE Order, which in all likelihood...language is being drafted as part of the Biden Committee:

"Executive orders offer a powerful and immediate way for a president to advance his policy priorities. A White House aide to President Bill Clinton described the lure of executive orders this way: "Stroke of the pen, law of the land" [source: Wolf]. "

"...however, the Congress may override a veto with a two-thirds majority to end an executive order. It has been argued that a Congressional override of an executive order is a nearly impossible event due to the supermajority vote required and the fact that such a vote leaves individual lawmakers very vulnerable to political criticism..."

I think that could be the catalyst that could lead to armed insurrection.

I for one ain't surrendering shit. It will sit nicely in a safe deposit box outside the eyes of the govt.

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/28-12-2012/123335-americans_guns-0/

A article from a disarmed soviet telling us how much it sucks to be at the mercy of a tyrannical party. I'm not saying that's how the U.S. could turn but we'd never be able to defend ourselves if it came to pass.