247Tactical

Is it safe to buy 15 round magazines?

After the recent events in CT, I'm a bit worried about a possible ban. If I were to purchase a 15 round magazine for a pistol or rifle today, is it possible that it would be illegal to possess after a potential ban? Should I just save my money and buy a 10-rounder instead?

That's if you can find any, searching now, and everything seams to be sold out. By the way, anybody try these ones before??

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/334509/ar-stoner-magazine-ar-15-223-remington-15-round-with-anti-tilt-follower-stainless-steel-black?cm_vc=subv1548512

The language of the AWB being proposed is not retroactive.

Thanks for the info!

No, you should buy more panties and Depends-. Another 5th column troll

And thank you for that very descriptive and informative response. It's people like you that make me proud to be apart of this "community". When there are those of us that are legitimatly concerned about our Second Amendment rights, it's good to know I can seek guidance from educated and intelligent people, like yourself. Oh wait... :facepalm:

As someone who had an AR during the last ban I want to point out that you should keep receipts of purchase for any 15 round mags you buy. This was an issue back then as most of us just bought them at gun shows, etc. and did not keep receipts. Some would not recognize an email receipt as legal back then. Lots of problems for people caught with mags over 10. Also a good number of competitive shooters put blocks of wood or other devices in their mags to make them 10 rounds while transporting them and then changed them back to 20 round mags for competition. I was someone miffed about the allowance of hi cap mags for rifle competitions since I had only 10 rounders. Normally I ended up borrowing a high cap mag for the competition but not possible all the time.

Even though there are no serial numbers on mags please keep those receipts. I spent some time yesterday going over credit card bills to figure out who I bought things from online and printed out my order and shipping confirmations for all my high capacity mags. Friday I will ask my local gun store for receipts for mags I bought there. They are kind of loose around here about receipts, even if you buy a gun. Most are mom and pop stores with limited computer skills. I have to sepcifically ask for a receipt and always get asked why? I just tell them that I may have to move back to NJ someday and will need the receipt unless they can guarantee me that they will be alive and in business in the next 5 years. :)

I think he is backordered unti Jan

Actually i got an email that night telling me they had to cancel my order..bu the time they got to me, they were out. Demand outstripped their stock reporting system. I wasnt given an option of backorder or i'd have taken it.. hopefully the frenzy will die down soon

No way to ban the millions of mags already in circulation and no proposed laws to do so. I forsaw the panic buying and a month ago I bought 4 guns and many 17 and 25 round magazines for my firearms that needed them. Heck I even bought some hi capacity mags for popular guns that I do not even know just in case I buy that gun model in the future. At worse I have a nice supply of mags obtained at cheap prices. No down side.