Polak

Where can I buy the Ruger 10/22 Target Tactical VLEH?

$450 at impact guns but not in stock.

So... $280-350 for any other model. Stock is $70. The scope mount is $10-20 depending on what you snag. Black A&B barrel $90. Caldwell bipod $35. So yeah, pretty hard to meet the package pricing on that.

If you aren't able to find one (I couldn't either) you should follow raz-0's advice. Very easy to switch to bull barrel on these guns, but keep in mind that you will also have to get a different stock to accommodate the thickness of a bull barrel (or modify factory stock). I ended up getting a green mountain heavy target barrel and archangel stock and couldn't be happier with it. BTW, the scope rail comes with the 10/22 (along with the screws) but it isn't installed on the gun at the factory like the tactical model does.

You won't get an email back from them for about a month.. better off calling them.

Sorry,,didn't read all the threads.

I saw a used Ruger 10/22 at a local shop.. they want $300, less taxes & nics.. Guy said it was a really nice rifle.. I don't know all that much about them... I saw Dicks had one on sale for $199, said it was a Ruger 10/22,, normal price I think was $280ish...

What gives on the used one being so much more?

$300 is high for a new one, let alone one that is used. Dicks did/does have a special on them. And yes, they are a decent rifle and easy to work on with tons of aftermarket add ons/upgrades available. Is it a standard carbine model that you were looking at? There are several "distributor exclusive" models, and the Take down model that generally retail at higher amounts. However if it is a standard carbine you should be able to get it new at around $260-$270 any day of the week but if its an exclusive or takedown model it could fetch a bit more.

Then there is always the possibility with the Christmas rush and everything else going on in the gun world these days that the local shop is trying to price gouge a bit.

Sorry,,didn't read all the threads.

I saw a used Ruger 10/22 at a local shop.. they want $300, less taxes & nics.. Guy said it was a really nice rifle.. I don't know all that much about them... I saw Dicks had one on sale for $199, said it was a Ruger 10/22,, normal price I think was $280ish...

What gives on the used one being so much more?

What model was it? any upgrades? Used 10/22's can range from 100 bucks all the way into the 1k range depending on whats been swapped out. And if your buying a target model or another one that cost almost 500, 300 in good used condition is acceptable.