deadeye74

Ideas for Gun Control

How about life in prison for a straw purchase with no amenities. No tv, newspapers, yoga classes. You're in prison not a friggin timeout. I don't know what to say about the crazies. They don't follow laws and normally have no fear of reprecussions for their actions.

Fast and the Furious? Wouldn't that mean a lot of our administration would be serving life in prison? I'm all for it.

In my opinion, there should be a law that makes it a felony to possess any firearm when there is a person living in the home who has received and currently has a medical diagnosis of a serious mental illness (which can be defined -- bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, paranoia, severe depression, etc). While laws may not dissuade criminals, a law like this most certainly would dissuade a law abiding person with a mentally ill person in the home from owning a gun.

Really? REALLY? If my son is bi-polar I sould not be permitted to own a firearm to defend him from an intruder in our own home?

fugg you buddy. fugg you.

if only his mom had secured the weapons... this MAY not have even happened..

there is NO PROOF that she DIDNT secure the guns. all the media is saying is he got the guns from his mom. do you really think theyre telling you the whole truth. with the anti-gun ghouls frothing at the mouth at this opportunity, and the media firmly planted in their pocket, even if there is irrefutable evidence that all her guns were securely locked or safe, you will never hear a word of it.

I don't think it's fair for NICS to be a user-fee system. It's akin to a poll tax.

We in NJ have delt with Nics fee's for sometime. i dont think we should try and debate nics charges at this point when we are going to be fighting to just keep our firearms. NJ Nics has been completely swamped, they are not answering phones for checks as they cant. We are only running checks Via fax and getting a call back with in 1 day. I cant blame nics for that, when people panic and start buying everything that shoots a bullet they are bound to have backlogs.

how to speak of how to do Gun control..

Its impossible. If you outlaw them the criminals will still get them. If you leave things as is Criminals will still get them. The only real way to remove guns from the hands of those who should not have them is gun owners themselves. Secure your weapons when your not using them, Dont leave them lying around the house loaded. If you happen to have a family member that might have some mental issues take extra precautions to keep your firearms out of their hands. Gun control should start at home just as parenting should.

Your solutions are not logical at all. I don't see why NICS can't be used by everyone. FFLs are not special in this regard.

I understand your point and you also have to understand that Nics has its limits. Its can only process so much... We FFL's / Store Owners know the system and are efficient in conducting a background check. if anyone was able to run those checks inexperience alone would cause delays. Instead of a call taking 5 - 10 minutes it might increase to 20 due to incorrect paperwork, not having everything ready etc etc. I remember my first nics call and it was a mess so i can imagine hundreds of calls like that causing major backlogs.

Really? REALLY? If my son is bi-polar I sould not be permitted to own a firearm to defend him from an intruder in our own home?

fugg you buddy. fugg you.

You should not lose your Freedom due to your sons illness. if you or anyone's son has any issues like that its your job to secure your firearms its not the job of the government to point fingers at you or your son.

I posted my suggestions in several other forums, might as well post 'em here:

• Magazines exceeding 30 round capacity become treated like NFA items. In exchange for this, more funding would be provided to the ATF specifically to staff more positions to help improve turnaround on all NFA items.

• Local police must have an armed officer on duty or the school-board must provide certified substitute at all public schools.

• Educational and mental health institutions must communicate information about "high-risk" students with the FBI and an infrastructure would be created to ensure confidentiality and appeals.

• Private firearm transactions must be required to take place at an FFL dealer so as to ensure a NICS check. The FBI would consequently receive more funding to staff more positions and reduce the cost of NICS checks.

I dont have an issue with allot of this..

Stop with your typical turn it into an LEO thing because most record keeping is dozen the civilian end. It a matter of things take time because of volume. Right now it's not viewed as a civil right which is the problem. Until that changes keep the whining to a minimum and direct your venom elsewhere it could be used better

I know the NJSP uses civilians for allot of firearms record keeping as so does the local PD's. This is far from a LEO issue.

Dude, face it, no one wants your idea. It sucks because no one wants to have to go out of their way to go to an FFL.

Two things, don't presume to speak for everyone and

you might consider that what he's saying might actually make sense and "wanting" an idea isn't the same as "acceptable" given the climate in Washington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever happens or how ever some people feel things are going to change.... Would u prefer all sales need Nics or outright loss of your firearm. This is really what were talking about.... Fact is simple we are going to lose something in the coming months question is what.... I would be more then happy with some background check changes if that satisfies the politicians so they can pick on someone else for a little while

It's pointless..his idea is the only way...nuff said. He has all the answers

I know if I am standing in NYC where I work and I or anyone else says comic book instead of assault rifle,all those non-gun carrying people might stone me to death. Funny thing is, i would feel I deserved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I think is either not clearly stated is that although nearly all recent mass shootings are at schools and other areas that are called "gun-free" is that _not_ marking the area as "gun-free" does not mean I expect all teachers and faculty to carry a firearm. As a gun owner I am fully aware that educators and many other people have no interest in carrying a gun.

Thus, the idea of no "gun-free" zones is simply to end advertising the fact - to stop putting up signs that direct predators to the guaranteed sheep. I feel the "no gun free zones" discussion has two facets, yes there could be an armed person that might have stopped it, but for sure there would be no certainty of defenseless pray. That doubt can be very valuable even if no one actually has a gun on them.

Perhaps others see it this way, but I really don't feel that message is properly conveyed.

One thing I think is either not clearly stated is that although nearly all recent mass shootings are at schools and other areas that are called "gun-free" is that _not_ marking the area as "gun-free" does not mean I expect all teachers and faculty to carry a firearm. As a gun owner I am fully aware that educators and many other people have no interest in carrying a gun.

Thus, the idea of no "gun-free" zones is simply to end advertising the fact - to stop putting up signs that direct predators to the guaranteed sheep. I feel the "no gun free zones" discussion has two facets, yes there could be an armed person that might have stopped it, but for sure there would be no certainty of defenseless pray. That doubt can be very valuable even if no one actually has a gun on them.

Perhaps others see it this way, but I really don't feel that message is properly conveyed.

I agree. That's the whole idea behind, the sky marshals. No there are not enough to be on every flight, but they might be on flight the dirtbag wants to hijack.

They should take down the gun free signs and park empty police cars in front of schools. Might make the ill intentioned think twice

not a bad idea, but if thats done all the time, then it wont mean crap anymore. Just like when the staties would leave empty patrol cars in the median up north. After while people would be going 90 past it.

My original intent with this topic was to see if as members of the pro 2A community we could come up with or accept a compromise instead of either loosing semi auto rifles or pistols or both.

Washington is going to jam something down our throat in the next month or so.

Seems I remember signing something about leaving a gun where a child can get to it is a crime , that was the last dozen or so times I got a gun, but we are not the enemy, and all laws really wont make them happy till all the guns are gone. Englands laws are our future if we keep giving in, they now have laws controling gun and hunting magazines in the hands of kids under 15. By magazines I mean the kind you read. We have over 20,000 gun laws in America, if somebody hasnt included sensible and common sense into those by now they never will. The path to our hell is paved by people with good intentions.

Government now requires your medical records to be electronically recorded so any medical establshment can access them, sounds like something ideal for another government planner who wants to combine that record, of all people at your address, and your next backround check. Privacy? Government in our current liberal mode says the common good outweighs the privacy of your medical records.

i say no compromise. we already jump through hoops enough in nj. im in no way in support of the government or state having more power and control over me.

it can only lead to more restrictions when it doesnt work. they will always add to the laws which keep restricting us.

there is no need for more nfa laws,or more laws which dont stop crimes. laws already exist for these things not to happen,

passing more will not work

and to the hunters who dont own black rifles etc, not saying all feel this way but if you do.....if you dont think this effects you .. it does. if you own a gun period. you are political,

there is no this doesn't effect me talk, it does, theres no way around it, owing a firearm makes you a political talking point

and effects you. and you need to be political.

there are already thousands of gun laws, ive read there are 20,000 gun laws already.

the gun friendly politcally correct crowd--- you are actually in the anti second amendment group.

your fooling your selves into thinking you are being modern or possibly reasonable.

all the information and statistics demonstrate that more gun control or banning does not make it safer for anyone

but that doesnt seem to matter. you are either for the 2nd amendment and bill of rights or your against it. riding the fence being silent, passive or thinking

you are just being reasonable is a vote against the 2nd amendment and against your bill of rights.

would anyone say you have more freedoms of speech and less control today than you did 20 years ago. probably not. and im not in favor of more control and less freedoms. any more it seems the once rugged american has been replaced with the, iphone,i pad, facebook and american idol.

now before anyone takes it personally, im not arguing anyones opinion or point of view just providing my own, and some of these talking points ive taking from an article that i thought pointed out many things i thought made sense to me.

link to a good read from a perspective from a former special forces veteran on more gun control and the current climate in the country.

http://soldiersystem...let/#more-50083

its not about guns, its about control. they take, and take, and take. NO COMPROMISE. NOT ONE INCH. in this day and age, once they take, youll never get it back.

vlad does not get this