deadeye74

Ideas for Gun Control

I'm secretly hoping that the Feds will use our NJ laws as a model for a new AWB. (I believe we're rated around the second toughest gun laws in the nation.) It would suck for gun owners in the rest of the country, but at least we wouldn't notice any difference.

Agreed, no compromise. On the bright side, if they outlaw "assault weapons" we can go back to installing all of the evil features. If you are going to do felony time, might as well do it for a worthwhile shooting iron.

If you are someday compelled to give into confiscation (should it start) be mindful what you give them. I'm thinking that when the confiscation eventually starts, they only get serialized parts from me. They can have a box with a couple old frames, some plumbing crap, toilet innards and old clock guts. Let them sort out what is and is not there. No way I am giving an authority a full, functioning firearm. Or even an upper.

I'm secretly hoping that the Feds will use our NJ laws as a model for a new AWB. (I believe we're rated around the second toughest gun laws in the nation.) It would suck for gun owners in the rest of the country, but at least we wouldn't notice any difference.

God, I hope you're being sarcastic.

My lord. I never thought, on a firearms forum, I'd be in a minority when I'd say:

NOT A F***ING INCH.

If you need a compromise, here is my proposal:

Give us NFA items, open bolt autos, etc.. Get rid of all this AWB bull. Cram the Pistol purchase permit up the nearest liberal's orifice.

In return, there can be a fully enforceable 50 state ban on all magazines holding greater than 20,003 rounds. ;)

Gun control should be all about breathing. It should be enforced by a pluck to the ear every time you flinch.

Let me just clarify that I do not want to see anything happen with dumb new laws being enacted to strip our rites and leave us helpless. The reality is that Washington will let no national tragedy go to waste when it comes to having a chance to strip our freedoms.

If we stand for no compromise, what happens when every gun owner in America instantly becomes a felon if they pass an all out ban on semi auto firearms? Have you all written your politicians to tell them how you feel? I sent 6 letters out this week to my district reps, the governor, and our two ultra anti 2A senators, and plan on more this week. If Biden and his boys purpose a ban, I'll be writing more.

Let me just clarify that I do not want to see anything happen with dumb new laws being enacted to strip our rites and leave us helpless. The reality is that Washington will let no national tragedy go to waste when it comes to having a chance to strip our freedoms.

If we stand for no compromise, what happens when every gun owner in America instantly becomes a felon if they pass an all out ban on semi auto firearms? Have you all written your politicians to tell them how you feel? I sent 6 letters out this week to my district reps, the governor, and our two ultra anti 2A senators, and plan on more this week. If Biden and his boys purpose a ban, I'll be writing more.

80,000,000 gunowners in america. Come arrest us all.

Pack a lunch.

80,000,000 gunowners in america. Come arrest us all.

Pack a lunch.

I don't consider myself to be a tin foil hat guy, but have you given any thought to the massive expansion of DHS, large purchases of hollow points by the govt, and things like the NDAA all happening to line up? Add in the tragedy (by coincidence I pray) and BO calling for gun control. Do you honestly think 80 million gun owners will stand their ground?

Do you honestly think 80 million gun owners will stand their ground?

many of them.. NO...

enough of them? maybe..

I live in a pretty rural area now... an area where religion is very obvious... a place where you own guns to protect your family against ANY threats.. these people believe in freedom.. to the point of dying to protect it... while I can certainly not speak for all of them... some of these people will NOT be simply handing over guns.. not gonna happen.. ever.. not to you.. not to the police... not to the government.. they read as a people that just want to be left alone.. and they would view something like that as an assault on their liberty... and that is (at least by my estimation) something they would be willing to die for..

I don't consider myself to be a tin foil hat guy, but have you given any thought to the massive expansion of DHS, large purchases of hollow points by the govt, and things like the NDAA all happening to line up? Add in the tragedy (by coincidence I pray) and BO calling for gun control. Do you honestly think 80 million gun owners will stand their ground?

There are right around 880K Law enforcement TOTAL in the US..that number included ALL LE...Feds, State, County, and Local, along with Corrections and other non "Street" LE. Even Giving the feds TEN percent, and I think that is very generous, you're talking less than 90 Thousand LE...opposing 80+ MILLION Gun owners. Aint-a-gonna Happen. There was a survey run not all that long ago of sworn officers..Employment verified but not recorded...IIRC 805 or 86% stated flat out that they would quit before playing any kind of Door-to-door confiscation nonsense. And i know SOMEBODY is going to bring up Katrina.. it was actually a SMALL number of people that went along with that..the Majority of cops there ignored Nagin.

Nnnnnoooooo! Not Will Ferrel!!! Why! I love your movies. Now I must boycott.

Wow... a Screaming liberal Actor who is anti-gun..I for one am Shocked...Shocked I say!!!!!

PS..... I know people that have worked with him..he's an A-hole off camera

<p>

So after sifting through all kinds of headlines and social media posts, I have noticed that no one is writing or ranting about the idea of gun owner accountability.

There is one glaring issue with this whole tragedy that's fairly obvious. If the shooters mother had her firearms secured to prevent access by her mentally disturbed son, non of this may have happened. Is anyone here opposed to supporting legislation that holds accountable a gun owner who does not secure their weapons?

Yes.  I oppose it.  

And, there is another glaring issue.  If you have an adult child living with you that is willing to lie, fool, and kill you to get access to your firearms, there is nothing you can do.

I do, however, support putting parents in jail if their kids manage to joy ride their cars or snitch from their parent's liquor cabinet.

As responsible gun owners, we need to show the community that we are for responsibility and accountability. Hard core anti's will not settle for anything short of banning firearms no matter what, but perhaps we can reach more people in the middle if we push for better mental health checks and a law that holds a firearm owner accountable for allowing a prohibited persons access to guns.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that you are selling out gun owners and proposing to violate The Constitution.  And, if you got your wish, in would not accelerate the plummeting firearm crime rate in this country anyway.  You are just trying to criminalize people because they own or have guns when they are not otherwise involved in criminal behavior and wouldn't be criminalized for taking similar risks with worse consequences that do not involve guns.

You're anti-gun.  You just don't know it.

seems hollywood and Vladtepes are one in the same

Hypocritical much? As you watch this video, think of what movies these dolts are "Famous" for. Most of them made their fame with violent movies whether they be gun or slasher flicks.

they used ours as the strating point last time..then tightened it..the only thing that was LOOSER with the Feds was that they allowed possession and transfer of Pre-ban guns and mags...NJ did/does not

<p>Yes. I oppose it. And, there is another glaring issue. If you have an adult child living with you that is willing to lie, fool, and kill you to get access to your firearms, there is nothing you can do.I do, however, support putting parents in jail if their kids manage to joy ride their cars or snitch from their parent's liquor cabinet.My thoughts are that you are selling out gun owners and proposing to violate The Constitution. And, if you got your wish, in would not accelerate the plummeting firearm crime rate in this country anyway. You are just trying to criminalize people because they own or have guns when they are not otherwise involved in criminal behavior and wouldn't be criminalized for taking similar risks with worse consequences that do not involve guns.You're anti-gun. You just don't know it.
Buddy, you have no clue who your accusing of being anti gun. I just got home from a Christmas party where I was just about a screaming match with a liberal telling me no one needs anything other than a single shot rifle for defense, and that all shooting competitions should be made illegal. I stand for our rights, and I sell no one out. I stand to productively try and prevent us from getting our nuts kicked in cause we support protecting our rites. I started this post in hopes someone would throw a logical alternative into the mix to draw the attention away from the inanimate object that goes bang, but lets the other side feel as though they get something without the rest of us being further stripped of our rites. If the federal level manages to not pass any restrictions or bans, what's your solution to NJ enacting them? Go look at what's sitting in the law and public safety committee. Two recommendations to congress to enact federal assault weapons bans, reducing mag capacity to 10 rounds, restricting ammo purchases to face to face only with no online sales. You think we're not gonna have something make it to vote if the Feds don't act? You think this state has a strong enough 2A community to stop further restrictions without a long drawn out fight?

How is it giving an inch if its you need a nics check on every gun purchase but in no new gun laws are enacted? Wouldn't that be a give an inch gain an inch.

sent from hell with a smile.

Many people view having to go to a FFL to sell a firearm to another person as a limit on free trade. Personally, if that prevents an AWB from happening, I'm ok with it. After all, if your not a prohibited person, what's the big deal about having to get a background check done to transfer a firearm?

Now as far as NJ's BS FID and P2P system goes, that should be thrown out the window. Having it take months just to get your rite to attempt to purchase is uncalled for! Stories of people being denied by NICS who had their NJ FID issued to them are out there. Further proof of how our paper card FID law is crap!

I made the mistake of watching that clip while eating. Law enforcement will gladly carry out confiscation, remember they dont work for you they work for "society" and the politicians, we would fair better with the military who dont have bloated pay checks and fat pensions, remember those people in asia with flip flops and the ones wearing flip flops in afganistan? They beat back our politicians , and I dont think the public will stomach too much nightly news of our almighty local, federal and state government going to war with Americans.

Many people view having to go to a FFL to sell a firearm to another person as a limit on free trade. Personally, if that prevents an AWB from happening, I'm ok with it. After all, if your not a prohibited person, what's the big deal about having to get a background check done to transfer a firearm?

Sure lets add another 50-100 dollars per transaction. Sounds like a plan. NOT

the issue is simple common sense....

you don't want criminals to have guns... I am sure we all agree about that?

the way the system is now there is NO guarantee that the person is not a criminal when you do a FTF transaction..

the simple solution is to make transfers through a licensed dealer...

I am sorry but $15 on a $400... $500... $900.. purchase is not really impacting to me, and shouldnt be to most people...

you paint it as this huge hassle... how hard is it really?

you don't need stats to know that FTF sales are a problem.. in many states you dont need anything for FTF long gun... that is probably not a great system.. since you could EASILY be selling a gun to a criminal without knowing it... why would you even want to be a part of potentially putting a gun in the wrong hands?

I am all for freedom.. but what you are saying makes no sense.. why even have nics for sales through a dealer.. if you are not going to require them for FTF...

to require them at a dealer but not FTF is the very definition of a loophole.. and it is part of the fuel anti gun community uses to burn us..

I seem to recall some twit crying about having to pay for her own birth control a while back and the libtards rallying behind her cause. If those on the left can't dole out a few bucks a month for their own birth control I see no reason we should in essence be taxed to prove we are not criminals. You have a right to own guns and it is in the public interest to ensure they are not sold to criminals so the public should be the one flipping the bill. I'd rather my taxes pay for someone's NICS than someone else's birth control. Just sayin'.

Sure lets add another 50-100 dollars per transaction. Sounds like a plan. NOT

Delaware does and the max charge for the transfer is $20, which is spelled out in the statute.

Again I ask, put up with something like an FFL for all transfers, or loose all semi autos. What would choose?