PDM

.223 Ammo Virtually Gone

I was going to go and buy an AR lower and a few magazines to have in my possession as I don't have one and I cannot find them, either. There doesn't appear to be any 9mm available, either.

Tell me wise oldtimers, what was ammo like during the first ban? Providing Comrade Obama doesn't include some ammo sales or importing laws, I wonder if I'll be able to buy affordable .223 and 7.62x54R during the next one.

I want someone to tell me that a new ban isnt possible...

SGA has NOTHING!

I'm sure they have ammo, they just removed it from their site so they can "catch up" on shipping.

Attention SGAmmo Customers - We will be closed December 22nd through December 31th for the Holidays. We are currently working on filling the orders that have been received up to this point. At this time we cannot accept any more orders for shipping before the break period. During the holiday break we will be offering a very limited selection of products which will be sold by the factory full case only, which will begin shipping on the 1st of January but expect delays of 5 to 7 days after that. We will resume a normal product line on January 1st.

Thank you - SGAmmo Staff

Where is there .223 available? I'm just looking to pick up ~100 rounds. Can't afford too much else right now.

Not to rub it in, but I have over 10k rounds of. 22 ammo and could probably have another 10k rounds in my hands in a matter of hours at a cost of next to nothing.

Sorry, but us .22 die-hard fans don't get to glote all that often, so we have to take advantage of the opportunity when it presents itself. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This may come as a surprise to no one, but .223 ammo online is virtually gone. Tracer rounds and extremely expensive match grade ammo is available. I found 10 boxes of winchester training ammo at .75 per round and grabbed that.

I have all the 223 ammo in my basement waiting to be born on my Dillon 550. Learn to reload!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From what I've seen, there are next to no AR's on any shelves in NJ gun shops. The occasional varmint/ranch-type AR, but other than that, nothing.

I watched literally 5 RRA LAR-8 Varment rifles disappear on gunbroker yesterday as I went to get my credit card to buy one!

Never had a problem with componets even after the last so called shortage!

Some people did and some didn't. Primers where difficult to get for quite a while. It taught me to buy them by the 10,000 round case. I'm already noticing more back orders than normal. Stuff is only on back order a few days maybe but its becoming more common. I think there are more people dabbling in reloading now too. I hope it doesn't happen but you never know.

Ken

My buddy up in Buffalo told me this afternoon that he waited in line for about 2 hours with a few hundred people at the local gun shop. He bought 1000 rounds, and said the store was completely out within a few hours. Same goes for most of the stores up there. Looks like we'll still be shooting this weekend.

I'm sure they have ammo, they just removed it from their site so they can "catch up" on shipping.

Where is there .223 available? I'm just looking to pick up ~100 rounds. Can't afford too much else right now.

Sent pm