Walt of Destiny

NICS down since last Friday?

Hello, First post. Great site.

After the tragedy, the 2 PPs that I had renewed once became treasures. So I went to Luciano's in WP and tried to purchase a new Sig. They were unbelievably helpful and knowledgeable. However I was told that the NJ NICS system was down since last Friday. I was aghast, and they called it in front of me and several other patrons. Sure enough the recording said that the system was unavailable and that they would not be charged for the call.

Any one else hear of this?

Not down just overwhelmed. They have been approving people within 24-48 hours. They will catch up. Most of the AR's in this state have been sold out already, so it may get better depending on what transpires in the next few weeks.

Hello, First post. Great site.

After the tragedy, the 2 PPs that I had renewed once became treasures. So I went to Luciano's in WP and tried to purchase a new Sig.

The funny thing is... let's hear about the SIG, what do you plan to buy?

Have fun, stay safe, watch the video below and seriously consider joining NJ2AS.org to help keep your rights.

^ I would not want to be the Guinea Pig on that one.

Well, I have not seen any law in NJ trumping the Federal on the 72-hour period, and am curious what FFLs working in NJ do... Up until the events of the 14th, my FFLs have gotten instant clearance by phone, including some pretty large exemption transfers. Now, like many, I'm stuck waiting in limbo because my FFL cannot fax to the 900 number NJ NICS has due to his telcomm carrier blocking 900/976.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By confusedabout
      I am legally in USA since 2004, I am waiting for my permanent resident card from the immigration dept. I have work permit, SS #, NJ Drivers license and I own a house in NJ too.I am a law abiding tax paying family man. In the mean time I got my firearm ID card from New Jersey and tried to by a gun. By mistake I answered NO to question 11.l, and NICS denied my transaction. I was supposed to answer Yes to question 11.l and show my NJ hunting license at question 20c.
      Can anybody advise me how to make this correction? Since my green card is still under processing, I thought I will be considered in the Immigrant category, my mistake. If I just fill out a new form with these corrections, will it work? Thanks for reading

I went to the same FFL today and filled out a new 4473 to buy a shot gun with correct information and run the NICS check, there was a 3 hour delay and they denied me again!! The FFL person told me that, he called state police for the reason. He told me that the immigration department did not approve me. Back to same situation...Can anybody help me in this? Is my status eligible for firearm purchase? I have a NJ firearm hunting license.
    • By Gunnz
      So bought a ruger 10/22 on thanksgiving day, about 5:30pm, and knew they would run the NICS on Friday when the state opened....
      No call from DSG on Friday, which I knew might happen because the state gets over run with NICS checks because of the sales...
      Went to Dicks this morning to get something else, and went into the lodge to inquire about the NICS check...the lodge associate called the manager and they looked in the NJSP portal...

Fail # 1- he said my check came back yesterday morning.... And they never called me... Kinda new that was gonna happen....

MAJOR FAIL- During the whole interaction today, (I did leave with my rifle) they never checked my ID to confirm who I was! I just told them my name and they gave me a gun.......

They shouldn't be able to sell guns
    • By NJGF
      What happens if my P2P expires (it was already extended for 90 days) after the NICS check is started but before the state police approves it (which I have heard is now taking over 2 weeks)? Would I have to start over again and apply for new permits? Will the FFL hold the pistol for a few months until I get the new permits (it was already paid for)?

And I always thought the I in NICS stood for Instant! My bad.
    • By BossyMossy
      Hi Everybody,

So, I purchased a brand spanking new P229 on Monday, the 15th of April. I am extremely excited, as i'm sure you all can understand. This will be my first handgun.

In any event, I too, am now one of those waiting on a miserable NICS check. I was wondering when those of you got the call from your LGS that the NICS was cleared. Was it during the morning, afternoon, or at night? Also, does anybody know if they are also sending back approvals during the weekends? I'd just really love to get a call tomorrow on my day off (Saturday), and was wondering if that was a possibility!

Let me know.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Michael