gunguynj

NJ prepper recommendations?

Now I am not admitting to being a prepper but I suppose after Sandy it cant hurt. Anyone recommend a good forum/community for preppers in NJ? Ultimately I want a network of people who I can share my skills/supplies with and help each oteh rout.

I always figured I would try and get to Cherry Ridge if the SHTF....

Now I am not admitting to being a prepper but I suppose after Sandy it cant hurt. Anyone recommend a good forum/community for preppers in NJ? Ultimately I want a network of people who I can share my skills/supplies with and help each oteh rout.

There is nothing wrong with being a prepper.

Prepping in kind of taboo on here, you try and talk about SHTF someone is bound to call you a crazy tinfoil hat wearer.

If you want to do some reading check out... http://www.survivalistboards.com/

Curious what is you plan when you get to Cherry Ridge? Do they have some underground bunker system I am not aware of?

im proud to say im a prepper. fyck anyone who thinks its a 'tin foil hat' thing. YOULL be the one laughing the next time a sandy storm hits, because you already have a generator, food and water stocked.

going to cherry ridge will be akin to going to a walmart or mall.....there are hundreds, if not thousands, of other people who will think the same thing. so while it may actually be a good location for a SMALL group, say 20, there will be waves of people thinking the same thing and flooding the area. the only resource there is the clubhouse, with 2 bathrooms, and 2 kitchens. not enough room for the number of people who will migrate there.

Step one, leave NJ and live in a less densely populated area. Doesn't matter how much you hoard away if they all steal it, or worse, kill you.

My comment was going to be similar. First step should be to move away from huge bodies of water, cliffs or mountains and if you don't want to do that, don't complain when Mother Nature sets you straight as far as who is in charge.

Every place I have looked has NJ as one of the worst places to prep. Our geography sucks since we are surrounded by water on 3 sides, the population density is atrocious, there are way too many large cities that will produce tons of leaching predators spilling out into the surrounding areas, limited ways to escape, traffic is bad on a normal day etc etc

Also take a look at The Survival Podcast (www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/). They have a really good forum (www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php). Not NJ specific but a lot of good information and good people who like to help. They do have regional boards as well. Jack Spirko does a pretty good podcast as well that he puts out 5 days a week and covers a lot of information.

Every place I have looked has NJ as one of the worst places to prep. Our geography sucks since we are surrounded by water on 3 sides, the population density is atrocious, there are way too many large cities that will produce tons of leaching predators spilling out into the surrounding areas, limited ways to escape, traffic is bad on a normal day etc etc

Not everyone lives in north jersey. I don't live by any cities. Townships yes, cities no.

If you survive the initial die off, there should be plenty of excess supplies around due to all the warehouses.

It's probably safe to assume that 99% of NYC and Phila wouldn't make it across the rivers.

South jersey is probably defensible as long as you remove the gang banger element.

If you are looking for prepping supplies locally check out, 'Get Out Safe' in Whippany. Really nice guy owns the place, lots of cool stuff. If you're a prepper and somewhat close to Whippany it's worth checking out.

https://www.survivalequipmentnj.com/

I will say prepping isn't bad, and it does help save money for other things.

Here are links to a few sights that might help.

http://www.alpharubicon.com/

http://www.taprn.com/

http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/

http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/

Hope this helps.

Step one, leave NJ and live in a less densely populated area. Doesn't matter how much you hoard away if they all steal it, or worse, kill you.

Not everyone lives in north jersey. I don't live by any cities. Townships yes, cities no.

I wouldn't want to live within an easy walking radius of any large or medium-sized city in New Jersey or elsewhere -- but since Sandy, I'm encouraged. The only change I've made is buying a small generator for my wife for Christmas. (I'm told that once you buy a generator, you'll never need it again -- and that works fine for me!)