Combat Auto

1911 Shock Buffs

Hi Folks,

Want to get the perspective of (1911 - full size) owners as if they think the Shok-Buffs behind the spring on the guide are worth using (please no finacial analysis - they are darn cheep ;-)).

1) Do they have any effect good or bad on recoil?

2) Do they have any effect good or bad on accuracy?

Thanks!

-Joe

Not sure about the questions you asked but they can effect reliability if you are not diligent about changing them out. They are only good for a 1000 rounds or so if one breaks in the gun at a bad time goods chance it will jam your weapon thus I would not use one in a self defense gun

Not sure about the questions you asked but they can effect reliability if you are not diligent about changing them out. They are only good for a 1000 rounds or so if one breaks in the gun at a bad time goods chance it will jam your weapon thus I would not use one in a self defense gun

Thanks Mikey...Do they lower the Recoil? Do They effect accuracy either way?

-Joe

I have not noticed any effect on accuracy, either way, on mine. They do not lower the recoil. They MAY reduce FELT recoil, but not by much to really be noticed by most shooters. What they do is stop the rear end of the dust cover portion of the slide from hammering the recoil spring guide/frame, thereby supposedly extending the life of said components. That said, the US military used the design for over 80 years and had several tens of thousands of rounds shot through them by boot camp attendees that do no necessarily know much about firearms, and I don't think they had too many break the frame or slide in those contact areas.

never said peening I don't understand how people say something then guys troll all over it

You inferred that the buff was preventing battering on your 1911, I simple explained when properly built there is no battering. Don't get so butt hurt, its just the internet