CageFighter

Saiga prices...WTF!

Yeah it's me. I don't even really want to sell it but if someone is willing to paythe stupid tax and give me $1200 for it they can have it. Stock saigas are going for $800 and mine has a few hundred in accessories. It's called capitalism.

I'm not a dealer and I'm not a charity. I have something that people want, if they want to purchase it they are going to have to pay what I'm willing to take. That just so happens to be an admittedly absurd amount. If there's someone out there welling to pay that they will and if not they won't. That is the beauty of the free market.

hatersgonnahatecigarand.jpg

Uhh, why are so many people here against supply and demand?

This isn't price gouging, it's capitalism. If someone is willing to purchase the item at the asking price, the market is working. If there is no one willing to pay the price, the seller reconsiders.

then you buy it

you could've posted it here, but chose not to. Why? Because you would get blasted like this. I'd like to say good luck with the sale, but I won't.

Think about that question for a minute. Is it likely someone here would pay that much? Probably not.

Judging by the questions I've received from people on gunbroker there are at least a few potential buyers there considering it.

Think about that question for a minute. Is it likely someone here would pay that much? Probably not.

Judging by the questions I've received from people on gunbroker there are at least a few potential buyers there considering it.

Mak0, don't listen to these guys. Buy low, sell high, and profit. This is all about supply and demand. You have the supply, and the demand means you will make money off it. Enjoy, I'm debating doing the same myself. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

There is a difference from selling something a couple hundred bucks more on your home forum and selling it for 2x as much on another site.

A lot of us are friends on here. This is our home forum and we chat with each other, hangout, even shoot together. People who want to rip off each other on a home forum are, IMO, a not nice word. If it's priced up a bit high, then that's ok I guess but once you start really increasing the price, I, and I'm sure many others would agree, don't like that.

If people want to make money, then sell it on gunbroker or a different forum. At least you're ripping off someone who is random that you don't know, that is willing to pay that price.

There is a difference from selling something a couple hundred bucks more on your home forum and selling it for 2x as much on another site.A lot of us are friends on here. This is our home forum and we chat with each other, hangout, even shoot together. People who want to rip off each other on a home forum are, IMO, a not nice word. If it's priced up a bit high, then that's ok I guess but once you start really increasing the price, I, and I'm sure many others would agree, don't like that.If people want to make money, then sell it on gunbroker or a different forum. At least you're ripping off someone who is random that you don't know, that is willing to pay that price.
That's what this guy is doing. But then again, why should we be restricted on this forum either? It's not like some of us are desperate to overpay. Also, it's not ripping someone off when market demand has driven up prices. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

If people want to make money, then sell it on gunbroker or a different forum. At least you're ripping off someone who is random that you don't know, that is willing to pay that price.

Again, he isn't "ripping someone off" if that is the price the consumer is willing to pay. There's a very high demand and a very short supply of these items. That drives up the price the consumer is willing to pay. Since the supply is so tight, sellers can't replenish their inventory (and this applies to personal sales as well) and make money from multiple sales, so they raise prices to make more money on less items sold.

I remember learning this in sixth grade. It's really quite simple.

Comrades,

The price is how much people are willing to pay for it.

It is not price gouging as it is not an essential commodity.

In my opinion Saiga's have been "too expensive" for years -- by a factor of 2-4x.

If you want someone to blame look at the supply chain.

I think you'll find the underlying issue is that the quantity available on the US market has been limited rather than the selling price is not being limited