xkon

Firearm without a manual/external safety or decocker opinion

If you had to have a firearm without a manual/external safety or decocker in either 40sw or 45acp, what would you pick?

Im currently looking at:

-Glock 21

-Sig 220 DAK

-Sig 229 DAK

-HK P30 LEM

-HK45 LEM

-HK USP V7

If anyone has experience with the respective sigs or hks please offer your opinion on them

Cant have any manual safety or decocker. Already have a 75b tho, love it

Did not know that,I have the 75B 9.mm and won't part with it....

I kind of agree with the above poster. Give the M&P a look.

But of all of those choices, I would go with the Glock, and I hate Glocks. But the magazines are and parts are much cheaper than an HK.

The glock is almost half the price of the others. The others aren't twice as good. I am not a glock guy and I like sigs. Sigs are heavy and parts expensive. I also agree with the above poster. Really look at th m&p. also I know they have a hip safety but look at the xd/xdm

Money no object HK45! I have a HK P30, Sig 226 enhanced elite and Glock 21 and my personal favorite is the Sig. All well made and go bang but I just shoot the Sig the best. What fits me may not fit you. Go handle them and if possible shoot.

Take a good look at the M&P or the Walther PPQ, both of which are available in .40. The M&P has a .45 too. I'd avoid Glocks in anything other than a 9mm, as they tend to have the most issues.

Question though...any particular reason why you want a .40/.45 and not a 9mm?

HK LEM is great, especially with the 'light' hammer spring. You can even take it a step further and add match parts for the hybrid match-LEM trigger. Why no traditional DA/SA? USP V3 removes the manual safety, making the lever a decocker only.

Dont want to start a caliber war, just personal preference on the 40/45. This will be an open carry gun and one of the requirements is no external safety/decocker so that rules out the hk v3, otherwise it would be a contender.

I am very familiar with glocks as I have a few, including the 20, so the full size 45 would not be an issue size wise. That is why I put that up there instead of the m&p/xd lines. I think I am leaning towards an HK, but as to the particular model I am unsure. I would like to try to get my hands on a few and try them out, to see if its worth the extra money over the glock. I would also like to try the dak trigger as well as i have had experience with sigs and like them, just not with this particular trigger

Well actually, if a 9mm is out of the question, amongst the choices you listed, I'd go with the HK45 for sure. The reason is that HK is renowned for top quality engineering. SIGs were a great choice back in the day, but in the last 5-7 years, they've suffered through some QC issues. Not sure how it is today with SIG.

The M&P45 is also a choice too, which lots of aftermarket support.

HK LEM is great, especially with the 'light' hammer spring. You can even take it a step further and add match parts for the hybrid match-LEM trigger. Why no traditional DA/SA? USP V3 removes the manual safety, making the lever a decocker only.

Really??? My duty weapon is the USP with the LEM and I hate it long pull with a very pronounced break makes trigger anticipation all the worse

Really??? My duty weapon is the USP with the LEM and I hate it long pull with a very pronounced break makes trigger anticipation all the worse

Give it a try with a Compact or "Match" hammer-spring. Reduces the weight of the break big time, with zero change in reliability.