MikeK77

Gun Owner Cuts Up NRA Card

http://ireport.cnn.c...0216?hpt=hp_bn1

CNN PRODUCER NOTE Logan248, a retired police officer, has been a vocal advocate of gun rights in the past. Friday afternoon, in front of his webcam, he cut up his National Rifle Association membership card as a tribute to the victims of the Newtown massacre. 'It's got me so upset over all these children dying, along with the other seven people –- the whole nation is just tore up over this,' Huffman says. 'Through the years, I've always said if a person wants to have a high-powered rifle and a clip that holds a lot of bullets, as long as they're not misusing it, fine, but something has to be done at this point.

While gun limits are not the only solution to prevent more massacres, he said, there must be some restrictions put on citizens' access to military-style weapons with large capacity magazines. 'If I go out to the range, I have one of my pistols that holds like nine or 10 rounds. I have had guns that would shoot like 20 rounds, but I've never had anything that held 30 rounds or more and I don't see any sense in that whatsoever. There's got to be a limit to what they let the citizens have at their disposal.' In a subsequent video, he contends a six-shot revolver is all that's needed for protection.

The iReporter watched some of the NRA top lobbyist's remarks on Friday, but said this video was not a direct response to anything that was said there.

After posting this video, the iReporter vowed to sell most of his weapons and give the proceeds to the Newtown victims' families. 'Let us band together to pull high capacity clips and assault rifles off the street,' he said.

- dsashin, CNN iReport producer

This reads like a regurgitation of the same crap theyve been spewing for the past week. The only thing different is trying to push an angle of dissent amongst the nra membership. Assault clips, 20 rounds sure, but 30!!!??

Each rebuttal against antis should be the same "gather facts before you come to debate" and proceed to disembowel their every talking point.

http://ireport.cnn.c...0216?hpt=hp_bn1

'If I go out to the range, I have one of my pistols that holds like nine or 10 rounds. I have had guns that would shoot like 20 rounds, but I've never had anything that held 30 rounds or more and I don't see any sense in that whatsoever. There's got to be a limit to what they let the citizens have at their disposal.' In a subsequent video, he contends a six-shot revolver is all that's needed for protection.

my arse...

p.s. BTW how in the hell NRA is responsible for the tragedy that happened in CT?

So I watched the vid, personally I think it's a fake. The lingo he uses to discribe other guns. FOR CHRIST'S SAKE KEEP YOUR F'ING FINGER OUT OF THE TRIGGER GUARD BUDDY. Never seen a responsible gun owner wave a pistol around like that.

He speaks like he knows less about guns than me, and that is saying something! Looks like a piece of propoganda. Even if he is speaking the truth. The 2A was created so we could fight our government if it became tyrannical. Which means allowing citizens to be just as armed as the average soldier. It isn't our fault our military constantly funds deadlier and deadlier weapons. We have the right to defend ourselves either way.

Guns? I thought the NRA existed to sell wine and cheap logo trinkets.

You can opt out. I did, and I haven't received any wine club B.S. in the mail since then. Unfortunately, they still squeak an email or two per week in regarding all of the other third-party nonsense they market.