Sign in to follow this  
gunguy1960

inmates go free

Christmas day drudge report has story about budget problems resulting in freeing inmates. Sounds like another reason why we NEED to own assault rifles, possibly with some new laws that put these criminal justice public employees in jail when they and their lawyers threaten us will loose criminals if they dont get their bloated salary increases.

What jail? Just because your in jail doesn't mean your a danger to society. Incarseration can be for a petty crime like shoplifting. Now if they let inmates go that had violent offenses or are mentally unfit to be in society ok. But if this is true I would put money that itd inmates in for dwis and non violent crimes.

In the article the sheriff says everyone they are releasing is dangerous to society and one released "low level offender" robbed a bank an hour after being released. Your point is valid at times , maybe my point is more how alike the criminals and our "protectors" both threatening us at times.

If they broke the law they belong in jail. If you don't want low level offenders like those in for marijuana possession locked up then change the laws. I don't want to hear violent and non violent. These are people the willingly broke the law and disregard said laws. That's the mentality they have

People's posts get deleted on here now?

Yep. I made a post about BlueLine's bias and the fact that most people released this way are hardly "criminals" anyway, but it got deleted. I suppose the moderators seek to maintain a certain "narrative" around here rather than a true discussion.

The article is basically a complete crock of biased shit, about 1 guy who was an actual criminal, then a bunch of cops and other police officials making a huge deal about his $500 theft to get themselves more cops, funding, etc.

It also seems there's quite a bit of boot licking around here and any post that isn't about how cops are heroes is considered "anti cop"

The cops are never wrong...didn't you know that. Funny thing was when my uncle died (LEO), I had some beers with the old timers between wakes. They kept telling me how much different the new generation of cop is. I'm not trying to call anyone out because from what I've heard BLF is a pretty good guy (a friend of mine works with him) but some of the points that people made were valid and censoring it seems a little ridiculous. I must say these threads quickly turn into us verse them rather quickly when in fact the reason we're here is we all have something in common. Let's face it, everyone makes mistakes...even cops.

Probably the greatest irony is that there is a movement of people in this country who are all about freedom, independence, owning guns to protect themselves and be secure from "all threats, foreign and domestic" as well as violent crime and the like. The same people will rant and rave all day about this politician and that politician and the laws they make and how they are taking their freedom.

And yet those very same people, worship, agree with, and stick up for the police/military under all circumstances without question. The irony being they feel there is a tyrannical government, yet they worship its enforcers. I don't get it?

Thesmokinggun... incorrect. You decided to shit on the Law enforcement profession, taking the thread off course entirely. Because of it, I had to remove all the resulting posts. We allow a good deal more borderline cop bashing than any other forum I've been on. Don't like how we run it? Go somewhere else.

I hate the fact that a lot of times these threads turn into an us vs them. we are all here for similar reasons. I don't blindly defend all police but a lot.of times blanket statements are issued about LEO and I won't have somebody shit on my profession because a majority of the people that are in it are good people. So no I won't tolerate that just as if I shit on somebody else's profession. I have said time and again that being a police officer doesn't make me better than anybody else. I really wish sometimes that politics were not part of this forum. Just should be guns and stuff. Anyway merry Christmas

Cops have to uphold the law and risk their lives to protect yours. everyday i go to work i put on a bulletproof vest to help protect myself from people that might want to harm you and your family. when people are afraid they call LEO's and we have to go respond even if we are afraid ourselves and it might put our lives in danger my uncle who was a LEO as well was killed in the line of duty. We go out and risk our lives to help other people we dont know so maybe that is why many people on this forum respect officers, we don't make the laws we only enforce them why attack us we have no control over them. Not all cops are assholes but some are, there are assholes in any profession so dont paint us all the same please it is ignorant. If you have a anti-cop story because they were a douchebag than please speak it but dont say cops are assholes because not all of us are you can refer to individuals.

Once again I think the media plays a huge part in this. Any crooked cop story is national news. It creates an us vs them attitude. I've dealt with real asshole cops, yet my best friend is a cop. It goes both ways. But the fact is the majority of the time people interact with cops it's not a good thing.

Yep. I made a post about BlueLine's bias and the fact that most people released this way are hardly "criminals" anyway, but it got deleted. I suppose the moderators seek to maintain a certain "narrative" around here rather than a true discussion.

The article is basically a complete crock of biased shit, about 1 guy who was an actual criminal, then a bunch of cops and other police officials making a huge deal about his $500 theft to get themselves more cops, funding, etc.

It also seems there's quite a bit of boot licking around here and any post that isn't about how cops are heroes is considered "anti cop"

Unless you are the guy he is stealing $500 from. Or he points a gun in your face to steal that $500.

Unless you are the guy he is stealing $500 from. Or he points a gun in your face to steal that $500.

He didn't point a gun at anyone. He robbed a bank with a note. All large banks have a no-resistance policy and literally, if you hand them a post it note saying give me the money, the employees are required to, and to offer no resistance to any escape.

Considering the banks tanked the economy and plundered billions, I'm sorry if I have no sympathy. I'm not saying it's okay to rob a bank, I'm just saying I really don't give a shit.

He didn't point a gun at anyone. He robbed a bank with a note. All large banks have a no-resistance policy and literally, if you hand them a post it note saying give me the money, the employees are required to, and to offer no resistance to any escape.

Considering the banks tanked the economy and plundered billions, I'm sorry if I have no sympathy. I'm not saying it's okay to rob a bank, I'm just saying I really don't give a shit.

Now he is Robin Hood.

Once again I think the media plays a huge part in this. Any crooked cop story is national news. It creates an us vs them attitude. I've dealt with real asshole cops, yet my best friend is a cop. It goes both ways. But the fact is the majority of the time people interact with cops it's not a good thing.

Only in sheeple that cant sort through the BS and come up with their own conclusions. The media can make a ham sandwich evil if they want to and there are plenty of people who would belive it and start the anti ham sandwich movement.

If they broke the law they belong in jail. If you don't want low level offenders like those in for marijuana possession locked up then change the laws. I don't want to hear violent and non violent. These are people the willingly broke the law and disregard said laws. That's the mentality they have

I cant say it any better than that.

There are good and bad people in EVERY career path. To think that LEO's are any different is ridiculous. To bash them as a whole because of a bad one makes no sense. Its just like bashing all gun owners or particular guns because of what one jerk does with them. Nobody here likes that too much now do you? Closing a prison because of a budget problem is just as absurd. The only reason they do crap like this is to prove a point, get media attention, and get the money they needed in the first place. Usually all related to the fact that a politician is dirty and cant do their dam job.

Ken

Ken

Get real man, its our money being stolen, one way or another...

The problem is the guy that steals $500 from the banks gets a few years in jail...the guy that steals $5 million (the corrupt bankers) maybe get a few months.

Since Berny Madoff with your money, They have been cracking down on white collar crimes.

If you don't want low level offenders like those in for marijuana possession locked up then change the laws.

sadly.. the answer really is that simple.. we can't afford to keep criminals locked up.. we should adjust laws to address crimes that impact society.. and do away with laws that are based on an arbitrary moral value...

drug abuse for example IS a problem.. but its a social problem not a legal one... if they totally ended drug prohibition they could free up mass amounts of jail space, and focus on keeping VIOLENT offenders off the street for extended periods of time with harsher sentences.. thus keeping our society safer.. sometimes I wonder what the hold up is.. why we don't make adjustments like that..

What about drug offenders that have murdered or maimed people, will their responsibilities be relaxed.

of course not.. murder is a crime.. "maiming" is a crime..

the idea simply being YOU merely possessing marijuana (for example) and smoking it at your house on the weekend while cooking on the grill.. and then relaxing on your deck.. should not be a crime..

some people have serious drug addictions where they can not function (illegal)... some people have serious alcohol addictions where they can not function (legal).. locking people up simply for being useless is a waste of time and money... if they violate someone else's rights then sure they should be dealt with..