Cemeterys Gun Blob

Blue Jersey Supports Joe Cryan and 5 round limits

So called 'progressives' over at Blue Jersey are all excited about Joe Cryan's gun bill to limit magazines to 5 rounds.

[Joe] Cryan's proposals do make sense, and any legitimate gun owner should sign on and support these initiatives which will protect, not impinge, on, their interests

But it also looks like we have insight into what other goodies he plans on introducing next month, which will address ammunition sales, and identifying ammunition. And let's not forget, they don't like the fact that you 'sportsmen' can have unfettered access to hollow point ammunition.

http://www.bluejersey.com/diary/22232/cryan-to-introduce-legislation-to-limit-size-of-ammunition-clips

How do these morons get elected?

Politicians need to recognize that there are two classes of people:

1. There are people that have no business being anywhere around guns. They should have no guns, no bullets, no knives no nothing.

2. There is the other 99% of society. These people could frankly own machine guns and hand grenades and there would not be a problem because they are civilized and respectful.

Laws need to be created to address the first population, not the second.

Reading the news of late has further convinced me that respecting liberty, personal responsibility, and civil rights is beyond the majority of most people. I really can't stand the authoritarian pricks of either major party. Five round magazines? This right here is the future of gun control. They will never accept the right to arms as written, they will incrementally strip the right until it is all but gone. Generations in the future will know nothing about American history or how our system of government was designed two work. Hell most people are that ignorant right now. Gun ownership will appear as part of a barbaric past, they will not notice the collar around their necks.

I'm a progressive democrat gun owner. I believe in social justice, full equality for all, and the common good. I am 100% opposed to any further restrictions on firearms or their capabilities and capacities. I want to see existing ones rolled back. The agenda to suppress the right to arms must be countered and stopped.

Did you vote for Obama? Corzine? Lautenberg? Menendez? Is Cryan your district Assemblyman? If not, did you vote for the Democrat? If so, did that Democrat vote for OGAM recently or way back the 1991 AWB?

I'm a progressive democrat gun owner. I believe in social justice, full equality for all, and the common good. I am 100% opposed to any further restrictions on firearms or their capabilities and capacities. I want to see existing ones rolled back. The agenda to suppress the right to arms must be countered and stopped.

Did cryans son do time for brutally beating someone? And his father did time for extortion? Way to go prick apparently he's not innocent either F**** politicians make me sick, they should just make one state and stick all gun owners in it and leave us alone and see how much crime happens

I'm a progressive democrat gun owner. I believe in social justice, full equality for all, and the common good. I am 100% opposed to any further restrictions on firearms or their capabilities and capacities.

This takes guts. To come out on a gun forum and openly admit this. Not so easy.

I was a balls out democrat until 2006, when I purchased my first revolver, and started to question why so many democrats wanted to bully me, and restrict my rights which they said they oh so respected at the same time. Ever since then, I have been independent, but then again, my part of NJ doesn't have 'democrats', just the 'right' 'type' of people who 'fit' into the machine, and unfortunately, there is NO alternative.....

But I have to ask, do you get more grief from gun owners, or progressive democrats when you admit your political leanings AND being a gun owner?

You. I like you.

A lot.

CGB: But I have to ask, do you get more grief from gun owners, or progressive democrats when you admit your political leanings AND being a gun owner?

Since I live in north jersey and work in NYC, I mostly connect with liberals. With whom I agree mostly, except on guns. So they give me grief on that, but let's say I have gotten their wheels turning some.... One friend can't be reasoned with as there is a hate for guns in his heart. I think I'm a good judge of people's motivation these days, and I think he has personal experience in 'losing control' - a real hot head. This is the source of his hate/fear of guns, and he thinks (I kid you not), that places where crime seems low but guns are not hated, that the LE authorities look away from murder. He refuses to accept state statistics from florida which show CCL revocations are vanishingly small, that gun crime by CCL people is far below that of average population. But at least on occasion he has said, since he knows me a long time, that gun ownership by me is not scary, its the other people out there who could, you know, kill their neighbor over dogshit or something. I told him when it becomes legal, I'll pack in NYC at work, it's in the courts and it's coming. Red and veins popping, LOL.

My other work bud is (generally) opposed to gun ownership but it's not religion for him. In fact after numerous political discussions he told me of a close friend who was at a bus station in Queens one night and got his teeth knocked out by two thugs during a robbery. This friend is reported to have been on the hunt for a carry weapon since because he is determined not to be victimized again. I recall $12K for the dental work which he can't afford of course. My bud is a thoughtful man, and expressed clear understanding of why his friend was going toward guns and not away from them. He gets it, but still isn't really there yet, by telling me the story of his friend he is admitting to me that carry is a valid option for people at least under some conditions. I did feel obligated to pass on the felony nature of his friend's expressed desire in NYC, but he says the guy is adamant about it. Personally I think he should take a different route than risk his freedom and rights.

I have a close family friend who is very strongly republican, and is fine with gun rights. But she's got the liberty thing a little off, you know the whole social conservative thing. Don't get me wrong, I understand about taxation issues and some of the union and entitlement attitudes issues she's about. But there is a clearly expressed racism in her arguments, which is driven by her personal experiences in life and is not necessarily a reflection of her republican politics. Though I think there are elements like her that are attracted to the R party more so than the D party, for whatever reason.

Let me just define where I fit in this:

I want the democrats to stop attacking RKBA

I want the republicans to stop attacking marriage equality

The above are about civil rights and not negotiable. The rest of it is all about money, who pays and who spends, and for what. That is all negotiable.

As Sesame Street's Count Von Count might say, "Tyranny, brought to you by the letter D and the letter R".

sorry for the rant.

I have a close family friend who is very strongly republican, and is fine with gun rights. But she's got the liberty thing a little off, you know the whole social conservative thing. Don't get me wrong, I understand about taxation issues and some of the union and entitlement attitudes issues she's about. But there is a clearly expressed racism in her arguments, which is driven by her personal experiences in life and is not necessarily a reflection of her republican politics. Though I think there are elements like her that are attracted to the R party more so than the D party, for whatever reason.

I know exactly what you mean. I know I am very coarse on here and I come off as an asshole. However I do genuinely believe that most people like this genuinely do like and want freedom, they just have a skewed concept, or no idea idea at all, of what freedom really means.

This takes guts. To come out on a gun forum and openly admit this. Not so easy.

But I have to ask, do you get more grief from gun owners, or progressive democrats when you admit your political leanings AND being a gun owner?

I'm more of a liberatarian but I find all most conservatives hear is "liberal talk" when it comes to discussing social issues. I find it actually suprises democrats in a good way to meet someone they can identify with on other issues who owns a gun, they seem more comfortable asking questions.

Don't want to go on too much of a tangent but I think it is a hurdle for the advancement of 2a rights that progressive gun owners are basicly forced in the closet in pro-gun organizations/forums. More people might be open minded towards the single issue of gun rights if they weren't force fed the entire GOP gospel at the same time.

unclenunzie: very well put. There is more than one amendment.

(* this forum is pretty laid back, I'm speaking in general)

Edited by Turbofire

FIVE? What in the hell? Absolutely not! I can see them getting it to ten but not five. To hell with all these laws. You can legalise fully automatic rifles for all I care. Firing them semi-automatic style is more efficient anyway.

Honestly I am not politically anything, though I guess some would call me a libertarian. I like capitalism and the free market. I like freedom and equal oppurtunity (not equal outcome). I like guns as well.

The question is for all you guys who say you are libertarian, democrat, or what have you. When it comes down to your party or your guns where's your vote? Armed American Radio had a gentlemen on the show one day that said he is a gun toting democrat, but when that question came up his vote was for his party. Dem always seems that it will take the side of no guns minus a few who are pro gun. While Rep seems it will always take the side of pro gun minus a few who are anti. Really why is it even a topic that has to be debated? You ask me this debate was over when the constitution was signed.

Egg-zactly my point earlier. When you vote for these people (NJ Liberal Democrats), including Cryan and Corzine, because they/you are socially liberal, whatever that means, what did you THINK they were going to do when the issue of 2A rights is brought up?

When it comes down to your party or your guns where's your vote? Armed American Radio had a gentlemen on the show one day that said he is a gun toting democrat, but when that question came up his vote was for his party.

Again, do you vote for Liberal Democrats? Are you doing anything at all to inform THEM of your positions on gun control? I lived in NE NJ more than half my life and understand this mentality, which is more machine politics and now welfare politics more than anything else. But really, what do you expect if you continue to vote for the Cryans and Corzines and Cunninghams? They are all about control, and part of that is removing your 2A rights. What don't you get about that? They are coming out of the woodwork to stand on their soapboxes to CONFISCATE your guns. Wake up.

/snip CSB

As Sesame Street's Count Von Count might say, "Tyranny, brought to you by the letter D and the letter R".

sorry for the rant.

Again, do you vote for Liberal Democrats? Are you doing anything at all to inform THEM of your positions on gun control? I lived in NE NJ more than half my life and understand this mentality, which is more machine politics and now welfare politics more than anything else. But really, what do you expect if you continue to vote for the Cryans and Corzines and Cunninghams? They are all about control, and part of that is removing your 2A rights. What don't you get about that? They are coming out of the woodwork to stand on their soapboxes to CONFISCATE your guns. Wake up.

Voting is always a package deal - No one gets to construct their own representative and send them off to do their bidding - not the common man, anyway. Like you, I've got to take the bad with the good when I make my voting choices. I am opposed to RKBA restrictions and constant attacks on 2A. I believe in castle law, public carry with stand your ground (everywhere). I am opposed to a constitutional amendment banning same sex marriage. I am opposed to the constant attacks on abortion rights. I believe the ACA (Obamacare) is a good start, but I'd like to see Medicare open to all ages. I think its awful that common employees or small business owners who reach advanced age will have to spend down their entire life savings to enter a decent long term care facility, in order to qualify for Medicaid. As compared to someone who never saved, spent their money on whatever, and qualifies immediately because they have no assets.

No one in the public sphere will represent me on these issues as a package. So I have reached a compromise with myself. I vote for the people who will do the least damage to my package of concerns, and give money to the groups that can help the other causes directly. That is why I am a lifetime member of the SAF, with their record of forcing compliance with the second amendment in the courts; It is also why why I mostly vote for democrats, because they support most of what I require of my government, and they don't want to create second-class citizens out of some people because of who they are. The republican party platform expresses a desire to maintain and further deny marriage equality to gay and lesbian people, which is reason #1 I don't vote for them. If they make a genuine change in both actions and words to change that, I'd reconsider. Liberty for all? What an idea.

As a point to your question, I have called and written to my reps expressing my firm opposition to AWB and magazine constraints. I have written to the President about it as well, and added my name to the Aniti-AWB petitions at the whitehouse.gov.

More on topic as I think this thread has gone a bit political :rolleyes: , do you think the 5-round mag thing could actually reach a vote, and if it got to the governor's desk, would he sign or veto? Also, although I do read a lot on RKBA court opinions, I am at a loss why there is not more discussion on how mag restrictions might violate 2A, and similarly an AWB might, now that heller and macdonald are scotus case law.

Easy there, guys. I never said I voted for either idiot. I think restricting one's right to marry whoever they want, and telling a woman what she can do with her body is just as bad as telling me I can't own a gun. For that reason, I consider myself socially liberal. With that being said, I am neither gay nor a woman, so guns and financial issues are at the forefront of my voting decisions.

Minus those big boobies,, we could be twins :)

My thoughts exactly and I will raise you a very big, strong military with the ability to take the gloves off.

I am at a loss why there is not more discussion on how mag restrictions might violate 2A, and similarly an AWB might, now that heller and macdonald are scotus case law.

D.C. and Chicago both still have awb's and mag cap restrictions along various inconveniences toward gun ownership. In those cases the Justices purposefully made their decisions narrow in scope leaving leeway for goverment to regulate certain aspects of gun ownership. These new capacity limits seem like a (diabolically) clever workaround since an all out ban of semi-automatic function or handguns would be unconstitutional. Much like NJ carry law next to impossible is not considered the same as impossible.

Let me just define where I fit in this:

I want the democrats to stop attacking RKBA

I want the republicans to stop attacking marriage equality

I would take that "trade"

Gay get to marry

Gun owners get to: carry, AWB is repealed, OGM is repealed, PPP system is scraped and FID is for FTF purchases only.

(OK, I'm not against gay marriage to begin with, but if we can trade a few horses between the D's and R's, it's win-win)

Ok, keep voting for anti-gun Dems so you can have your "free" healthcare and your "social justice", How did the disarming of the people in Germany work out for the disarmed? How about Russia? China? Cambodia? Numerous countries in Africa?

It's great that you want all of your free stuff and that the rich should be taxed more so you can have more free stuff (social justice), just remember, without the 2nd Amendment, you are no longer a free person. And if you don't think that all of these Dems that you LOVE so much because they will give you "social justice" don't want to disarm you, then you are a bigger fool than you already sound like.