deleteme

Crown Victoria interceptor

I also thought of the Marauder -- but a brief search indicated that the survivors that are in decent shape with lower miles seem to command a premium on eBay, and I thought "price" was a consideration.

Also....

http://www.caranddri...auder-road-test

Very true. I wasn't sure how much price factored in, since some people buy them for the purpose of creating a poorer man's Marauder. Either way, Caprice/ImpalaSS is a better performer, and they're still out there if you look. I think the Crown Vic is a better everyday driver.

I need a better job so I can buy the new Caprice when it's available. That thing hauls.

I don't lnow how the Fords are, but I had a 1990 Caprice 9C1. I bought it from Jackson Township with 91k on the clock. It was a black/tan, unmarked detectives car.

I bought it for $1500...ran like a top, didn't burn oil, was dead-nuts relaible too.

I was at work in Linden the night Hurricane Sandy came through. When the tide surge came in, the car was submerged in 5ft of sea water.

Yep - it took a freakin' HURRICANE to kill that car. The funny thing is, everyone at work was sure I could have just dropped in a new battery and changed out all the fluids and the car would have been just fine, LOL! They were probably right! It just smelled like ass - and that would never go away.

That car had 306+k on it when the hurricane came through. That IS NOT a typo .... over 306,000 miles and it STILL ran like a top.

That was the best $1500 I EVER spent on a car.

Actually, 1990 was the last year for the 'Box' style Chevy's. The cars were restyled for 1991 - 'The Whale'.

Mine had a throttle body injected 350 with the roller cam (LO5) & a 700R4 transmission. Aside from the 9C1 package, the car had power windows, power door locks, remote mirrors, rear defogger, A/C .... it was really optioned nicely.

Meh. Chryco 300 AWD Hemi ftw. Good ergos, excellent in the snow, trunk for bodies, fast, runs like a tank, did I mention comfortable?

I'm assuming you have one, correct? pics?

Actually, 1990 was the last year for the 'Box' style Chevy's. The cars were restyled for 1991 - 'The Whale'.

Mine had a throttle body injected 350 with the roller cam (LO5) & a 700R4 transmission. Aside from the 9C1 package, the car had power windows, power door locks, remote mirrors, rear defogger, A/C .... it was really optioned nicely.

I stand corrected. You are right sir. Still love the box style.