TheSingularity

Here it is, just released - official outline of Dianne Feinstein's new proposed assault weapons ban

Montana has awesome gun laws, not very populated so no one to bother you. I would definitely been in for a group buy on land, if not Montana where would you suggest?

I have no idea. Just wished there was someplace a little warmer haha. Montana is beautiful though. I wonder how much we could get a few hundred acres for?

I've been thinking the same thing. Count me in!!!

Nice 3 people on board

I have no idea. Just wished there was someplace a little warmer haha. Montana is beautiful though. I wonder how much we could get a few hundred acres for?

Haha, I agree I don't like the cold very much at all. But I've been thinking Montana would be a great place to shoot on your property, hunt, survive in case anything crazy happens(shtf).

If not the mountains, could always go to the desert.

The more they overreach the less likely it is to get passed.

And from what I see that is DEFINITELY an overreach. MacDonald v. Chicago established that the government cannot ban weaponry that is in current use. Of course, even if this AWB were to pass and be taken to court, I can see it either coming down to the wire and being a 5-4 split again, with the 4 dissenters stating again that the 2nd doesn't grant an individual right and that the government has the right to ban whatever it wants based on unicorn farts and kitten giggles, no matter how compelling the argument from our side is.

I am actually kind of glad the new proposed bill is this bad. The worst the bill is for us, the less likely the bill would pass. If it was basically just a copy and paste of the 94 one, it would be much easier for politicians that "support gun rights" but want to make it look like they're doing something, to accept. It is much easier to call it a reasonable restriction when it really is only a minor annoyance to gun owners. With as tough as the restrictions are with this proposed bill, those with wavering support for gun rights are less likely to jump ship. This proposed bill than just turns into a waste of time where nothing happens. While those that want to reenact the AWB would then try to start again after this fails with one being closer to the one in 94, the more time that passes the less support it will get due to the less public pressure on the politicians. The worse the proposed bill for us is the better off we are.

I find your point extremely valid...

if it was something moderate half of the gun owners would roll over..

Also you have to think they will put as much in as they can and if it doesn't pass cut items till agreement. However if it does pass they have everything in. This is part of negotiations. On best offers sales, don't you offer low and then you and the seller come to an agreement.

Also if it passes they know they will not have power to make edits because those impacted probably won't vote for them or their party like 94 ban.

I'm hoping we just stay united and squash this completely. If you give an inch they take a mile didn't your mother teach you this.

Sorry for the poor grammar typing on phone listening to a conference call.

You watch, they'll massively water down the bill and then they'll insert some language that the president can amend the list(similar to NJ Attorney General interpreting it) if need arises and Obama will back door everything else.

I still don't understand why they have such a hard-on for pistol grips.

You watch, they'll massively water down the bill and then they'll insert some language that the president can amend the list(similar to NJ Attorney General interpreting it) if need arises and Obama will back door everything else.

I still don't understand why they have such a hard-on for pistol grips.

Because they make it easier to fire randomly from the hip....

Well it you don't have wrists I guess.

Is there any rhyme or reason to all that, or is it just an arbitrary wish list of things she would like to see banned?

They look at the "evil" guns they don't like and draw the list in a way that bans those guns. It doesn't matter if the individual items make any sense, they are just making up crap so they can ban ARs and AKs

Is there any rhyme or reason to all that, or is it just an arbitrary wish list of things she would like to see banned?

It's just a way of banning the evil black guns while allowing hunters their rifles and "reasonable" self defense guns. You would still be able to own a M1 Garand, your 1911 and your J Frame. It kind of turns us into Germany - I don't like it and it does seem pretty darn extreme.

Obviously SOMEONE with SOME knowledge of firearms had to have helped make this list. My question is, who are these "gun guys" that are HELPING draft these kinds of bills???

You aren't going to like the answer.

Most of the time it's police.

I'd like to respond to the "guys that are HELPING" question/statement with only another opinion, this is not fact based. In my view it doesn't have to be the police, it could be anyone with an internet connection. All you need is some college intern or law student posing or lurking on any given gun forums looking for ammo (pardon the pun) to undermine us. That plus the fact that previous language is already out there for a template so all they have to do it clamp down on what they already know to f*** us further. It is likely there is "some" LE influence but I'd bet most of it is coming from consultants hired by the Holders and Feinsteins of the world....

As to the other comments. I wish I could share the optimism of you folks saying because it is such an over-reach it will never pass. I think/they think/ they have the wind to their backs on this and they are All-in, doubling-down and going for the million dollar roll to Win-it-All. Whatever legislation they craft all it is certain to do is create a new class of Outlaws. I hope next time out NRA Wayne could give a better showing than last week. He has to win over the other camp, not us...

This is where it begins. This lays the foundation for future confiscation. They don't know who has what, so confiscation would be a problem today. Not once this passes.

agree 100%...this waayy surpasses "shall not be infringed".....not to mention the thought of trotting into the local pd with every firearm owned handing them over and waiting to hear back which ones they "think" are legal...thats just stepping wayyyy over the line...thats not grandfathering ..its soft confiscation..."bring them in were just going to verify the legality and record serial numbers....if your not a criminal what do you have to worry about"....then once in their posession and they say they "oops sorry...they are black...they are an banned assault weapon"...youre done..they have them you dont....confication with no conflict....

Montana has awesome gun laws, not very populated so no one to bother you. I would definitely been in for a group buy on land, if not Montana where would you suggest?

I think now might be a good time for all the pro 2a people to get a plan together to invade Canada and ship Anti's of Canada to the US. Better hunting for us right?

If this passes then it's time to just say come and take them, let's get this BS over with once and for all. We either have rights or we don't; I'm tired of this crap over and over. They have been on a crusade to take them for over 20 years and I'm done with the nonsense. Either respect our rights or find out why we have them. Not one more inch!

I think now might be a good time for all the pro 2a people to get a plan together to invade Canada and ship Anti's of Canada to the US. Better hunting for us right?

We could do an exchange with Britain instead. Have them send all their progun people and we give them all our antis. Everyone wins!

I find your point extremely valid...

if it was something moderate half of the gun owners would roll over..

Yeah, like closing the gunshow loophole once and for all. because, you know, that's where all the illegal guns are bought and sold.

:facepalm: