Polak

NICS still taking 8 years to transfer a firearm?

So the phone line IS up? Or it isn't Because I prepaid for a 10/22 at Dicks in Union, and they refuse to do a fax saying the "fax they bought doesn't work" and keep telling me the NICS number is down.

Just submitted tonight. Still fax only. I believe what he meant was the door called him to say it was ready. Not that he called nics.

Anyone still waiting and when did you purchase the firearm?

I'm waiting since 12/21/12. Just seeing if anyone else waiting this long.

They should probably resubmit. seeing response time of 2 days now...

So the phone line IS up? Or it isn't Because I prepaid for a 10/22 at Dicks in Union, and they refuse to do a fax saying the "fax they bought doesn't work" and keep telling me the NICS number is down.

fax only still. Ask for a refund

I have a felling that my paper work got lost, and has to be resubmited. Called gun shop today, and they still havent recived approval for my purchase, but they have recieved other approvals after mine was submitted, so thinking it got lost in the shuffle.

Still waiting from the 27th.

So Today I called the gun shop, and asked if my NICS had come be yet... They replied not yet, so I said I would like me deposit back since i have waited so long. I know its not the shops fault its taking so long, but I was tired of waiting. The guy said give me a hour. So I called back after waiting two hours, and he said it was clear come on down your clear. So I get there an he tells me he was able to call my NICS in and only took 3 min. Anyways, I got my First Handgun for 2013.

Does anyone have me beat? Still waiting for DICKS on a shotgun since 12/21/12.

They did call me yesterday to tell me I had to wait longer. Very nice of them. Hahahaha!

I purchased a Lithgow Garand from Sportsmen's Center on Sunday, and I think they faxed it over shortly after. The guy told me to call this morning if I did not hear back from them on Monday.

They said they were getting Saturday's purchases this morning, but I did get mine back around 4:00PM.

I'm due to pick up a pistol on the 22nd, so I hope the phones come back up by then.

Does anyone have me beat? Still waiting for DICKS on a shotgun since 12/21/12.

They did call me yesterday to tell me I had to wait longer. Very nice of them. Hahahaha!

which Dicks?

I was @ princeton and got a 22lr on 1/3 and they got NICS back 1/5. they had to fax it since phones are down. I remeber reading somewhere someone said one of the dicks stores fax was not working.

which Dicks?

I was @ princeton and got a 22lr on 1/3 and they got NICS back 1/5. they had to fax it since phones are down. I remeber reading somewhere someone said one of the dicks stores fax was not working.

East Brunswick and they don't have a fax machine. I'm shocked that they did not invest in a fax machine

during this time to expedite the matter.

For the record Woodbridge Dicks also does NOT fax in NiCS. Phone only.

To all those who purchased a firearm from Dicks, and have been waiting weeks for them to contact Nics because they can't figure out how to fax a Nic's request.........why have you not demanded a refund. I don't care how much I would want it, I would tell them to shove their indifference to customer service and refund my money!!

I bought at 19:30 on Friday and mine came back on Monday night.

Oh yeah i was told that they may have lost it because the nics fax line number was switched. i really think the guy is full of shit to be honest.

Gun dealers,car dealers not a lot of difference IMO

To all those who purchased a firearm from Dicks, and have been waiting weeks for them to contact Nics because they can't figure out how to fax a Nic's request.........why have you not demanded a refund. I don't care how much I would want it, I would tell them to shove their indifference to customer service and refund my money!!

I agree it s pretty bad service. I suppose I have not because I am not in a rush and really dont feel

Like going through the process all over again.

Oh yeah i was told that they may have lost it because the nics fax line number was switched. i really think the guy is full of shit to be honest.

Gun dealers,car dealers not a lot of difference IMO

The line was switched. Went from a 900 number to an 800 number last Wed. Dealers had to setup a cc on file for Nics payment, and register fax numbers. Some Nic checks that were faxed right before this happened had to be resubmitted. Probably not full of shit. Most dealers are going through the same bs you are but at least 10-20 times a day. They are all not like car dealers. Unfair comparison :)

I agree it s pretty bad service. I suppose I have not because I am not in a rush and really dont feel

Like going through the process all over again.

The process is not that bad if you mean the paperwork. Go to a real gun shop and you will have your gun in two days. JMO

The process is not that bad if you mean the paperwork. Go to a real gun shop and you will have your gun in two days. JMO

I mean more the whole process of finding off time to go to the shop, find it in stock, filling out the paperwork, then possibly having to drive back to pick it up. Kinda a PIA. I agree the paperwork alone isn't too horrible.