RLTW

Summary of Dianne Feinstein's Assualt weapons ban

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

Summary of 2013 legislation

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

• Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
    • 120 specifically-named firearms
    • Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
    • Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds

[*]Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:

• Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
    • Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
    • Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans

[*]Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

[*]Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:

• Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
    • Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
    • Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons

[*]Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

• Background check of owner and any transferee;
    • Type and serial number of the firearm;
    • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

As far as i'm concerned anyone who votes for this is guilty of treason. Obviously the threat of being unelected is no longer enough of a deterent to prevent these traitors from dscrating the constitution. We need to come up with far more creative (legal) ways to punish and make examples of any would be tyrants who are assaulting our god given rights!

Summary of ban showed up on Drudge today, important enough to discuss on multiple posts if thats what it takes, what matters more than this? The least free people on the planet are also the most disarmed. Just following orders worked for Germanys SS, that doesnt mean we should accept that excuse nowadays, or should we?

As far as i'm concerned anyone who votes for this is guilty of treason. Obviously the threat of being unelected is no longer enough of a deterent to prevent these traitors from dscrating the constitution. We need to come up with far more creative (legal) ways to punish and make examples of any would be tyrants who are assaulting our god given rights!

How about we tar and feather them? We could even sell tickets and use the money to benefit local charities.

It needs to be deeply personal/professional to have any kind of effect. It has to be massive in scale, coordinated not only within the shooting community but the general public. It would have to be at the grassroots level to include as many Americans as possible. Educate the masses and perhaps convert some anti-gunners to our side. Usr disciplined boycotts. If a state's congressional delegation overwhemingly votes in favor of gin control legislation, boycott all tourism in state, blacklist the products & services of companies with facilities in the state. Make sure that the reason for our actions are known to. The public & it's reps.

That is exactly what I'm saying. We have to start working on getting more leverage on the representatives. I'm not talking about blackmail but using whatever issues they have to take them down. If if we know the eighth appreciative in cages in criminal or an ethical or immoral behavior we need to document it and take it to the public and the courts. We need to make it so personally and professionally expensive to vote our rights away they won't even consider it. I need to identify certain individuals and very publicly make then an example all those who attempt to take away our rights

A new AWB is coming in some form or another. How strict and whether it can be enforced is anyones guess. And it doesn't matter if if can pass congress or not. If congress doesn't do it, obama will through executive order. Tough times are ahead for gun owners.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.