DL75

Cabelas's emplyee discount flyer

Went to cabelas today with the emplyee discount flyer that I got Monday. I got 10% off on ammo and 25% off on cabelas stuff like ammo cans and cabelas gear. Not Bad. UMC bulk ammo pack 250rds. 9mm $63.74, 40 s&W $83.69, 45 ACP $98.99. 22lr 525rds $18.69. They had plenty of ammo in all caliber. Picked up a ammo can with 500 rds of 7.62x39 steel rounds for $125.99 with the discount.

did they still have a 10 box limit?

Yes. 10 box of same caliber. Only on few brands. Plenty of 223 and 556. Dicks in Union has plenty of 223 when I was there on yesterday. Dunno why ppl are paying high dollars for 223 and 556 when stores have plenty....

shoyuld have given us a heads up b4 u went. we could of had u p/u our orders. -lol

That's funny.. I was thinking the same. I had to take my wife and kids to cabelas.. My wife was watching me very closely... She told me $500 limit. I spent $531.59.

Yes. 10 box of same caliber. Only on few brands. Plenty of 223 and 556. Dicks in Union has plenty of 223 when I was there on yesterday. Dunno why ppl are paying high dollars for 223 and 556 when stores have plenty....

was at that store on Saturday.. the only thing left was green tip for $12 a box.. so when you say plenty of 223 what brand and dollar?

Went to cabelas today with the emplyee discount flyer that I got Monday. I got 10% off on ammo and 25% off on cabelas stuff like ammo cans and cabelas gear. Not Bad. UMC bulk ammo pack 250rds. 9mm $63.74, 40 s&W $83.69, 45 ACP $98.99. 22lr 525rds $18.69. They had plenty of ammo in all caliber. Picked up a ammo can with 500 rds of 7.62x39 steel rounds for $125.99 with the discount.

Nice!!! I got that same flyer in the mail yesterday but have been fighting the urge to go and spend more money... It's good through Jan 2nd... so maybe if I give into those urges to spend, I might take a ride out to Hamburg this weekend. LOL!

Stopped by Cabelas this morning as they were opening up. There was a line of people waiting to get in and it looked like everyone ran to the gun counter as soon as the doors opened.

They had a few Ruger piston ARs (1700) that sold almost immediately. There was a DPMS (about 1100) and a POF (2000+) that was left.

There was a used eagle arms AR and an Armalite AR-10. I wanted to inspect the eagle arms AR before my brother in law (PA resident) purchased it. It did not look like it was assembled well as there were some punch marks near the pins holding the trigger group. The takedown pins were also silver and looked like they were ground down with a dremel. I asked the cabelas employee if they can open it so I could inspect it. They could not open it as it had an issue getting the rear takedown pin out. They were finally able to do so but it looked like there were a bunch of issues. They were going to take it to a gunsmith to work on and would not sell it to us even if I could fix it.

Regardless, I picked up some reloading manuals pretty cheap. I think I should've picked up some reloading equipment but left the store before more snow fell. It would be nice to know what the discount on each item was in advance as I probably would have bought more stuff.

I got here about 5 minutes after they opened and there already a ton of people inside. I usually come during the week because weekends are insane but I thought if I came early it would be okay. Everyone bum rushed the gun counter.. It was mayhem. Ammo that is panic priced was flying off the shelves like it was free. I couldn't believe it. I did very well.. Ended up getting ah Redfield scope for almost 60 percent off. No complaints here!

Gun shelves were empty:

post-2200-0-92226500-1356888148_thumb.jpg