mx597turbo

Essex County update

My wife got the call today that her FID and PP were in at the Belleville PD. She applied about 2 weeks after I did. She asked if my papers were in, and they weren't. Kind of odd, but at least we can buy an AR before they get banned. At this point, I'm hoping my FID and PP will be in during the month of January.

I called the local pd (millburn) again Thursday. She told me that they have a stack of FID and pistol permits awaiting mental health check. Good news to hear that there is at least some movement at the county level.

Nobody has any input?

I'm going to be busy for the rest of the week, but I plan on calling the Essex County adjuster early next week. I want to ask them why I applied in late Sept. and my wife in mid Oct, but she got her permit first. If you call before then, please update.

I had a few extra minutes on my lunch today, so I called the adjuster again. She's not sure why my wife's info was available. She checked for my info, and it wasn't available. She told me there are literally hundreds of applications waiting for the mental health check. I was hopeful to get my permit this month, but now I'm not sure if that's going to happen... Realistically, I'm thinking March or April if I'm lucky.

Wow. Unbelievably annoying. Thanks for the update nonetheless. I just can't get over this.. Sounds like both of us will have waited nearly 8 months by the time we receive a phone call. Something tells me that if the system was "down" for some other type of government service (i.e. Handouts), that they would be a little bit more prompt with their fixing of the situation.

Something tells me that if the system was "down" for some other type of government service (i.e. Handouts), that they would be a little bit more prompt with their fixing of the situation.

Trust me, that's a good thing. The less people have to lose, the more they're willing to risk. I hope the government keeps the entitlement programs going full steam. It keeps us all a lot safer.

Also, I didn't mention in my previous post, but the person I spoke with at the Adjuster's office was very polite, and literally spent 10 minutes trying to find any info she could on me. She didn't put me on hold, and I head her moving boxes. From what I've heard, they were very efficient before the election substantially increased applications and the hurricane destroyed their office. Unfortunately, this doesn't make the wait any easier.

Trust me, that's a good thing. The less people have to lose, the more they're willing to risk. I hope the government keeps the entitlement programs going full steam. It keeps us all a lot safer.

Once they pass CCW and castle doctrine we can cut the cord.

Did she say that they are at least starting to process them now or are they still waiting around trying to recover??

Thanks,

Carl

They must be processing some, based on my wife getting her FID. The number is (973) 621-4464 if you want to call for more info. Let us know if you find anything out.

Also, I didn't mention in my previous post, but the person I spoke with at the Adjuster's office was very polite, and literally spent 10 minutes trying to find any info she could on me. She didn't put me on hold, and I head her moving boxes. From what I've heard, they were very efficient before the election substantially increased applications and the hurricane destroyed their office. Unfortunately, this doesn't make the wait any easier.

haha I really hope you aren't trying to convince me that the welfare state concept is a good thing. All it has done is made this entire country into a group of lazy, stupid, non-entrepreneurial morons with their hands out.

So I called the (973) 621-4464 number and talked to a very nice woman (likely the same one that the other poster talked with). She said they had a company working on it (my guess is an outside company). She can't search the records because there are no records she can search. She said she had "a thousand" requests waiting.

It seems the letter that Essex County put out to local PDs said they cannot do any searches until March 10, 2013. They apparently had card catalogs that got damaged in Sandy. So what are they doing? drying out the card catalog? I've heard that the state police have a work-around, but that is second hand.

I may try contacting a lawyer just to see, but that might take longer than waiting for Essex County. My concern is come March they say, sorry its another 3 months, 6 months, 3 years?

Anyone have recommendations on lawyers that might be good at this sort of thing?

FamilyMan, thanks for letting us know what you found out. At least we have a date when they expect to be up and running again. I also think some applications will get processed between now and then.

I don't have a contact in the NJSP, and last time I called regarding this issue, I got the runaround. If anyone else knows someone in the SP, give them a call and let us know.

FamilyMan, thanks for letting us know what you found out. At least we have a date when they expect to be up and running again. I also think some applications will get processed between now and then.

I don't have a contact in the NJSP, and last time I called regarding this issue, I got the runaround. If anyone else knows someone in the SP, give them a call and let us know.

When I called the state police, the guy who answered the phone was rude and told me to be patient and wait...

Just got back from Nutley PD to put in my change of address and new PPP applications. Was told that Belleville PD had their records archived with the same company that is restoring Essex county's index cards and Belleville was told it would be 9 months for their own restoration so this could just drag on forever. Gotta love living in 2013 and people are keeping vital records on index cards.

I get more depressed every time I see a new post on this thread... They just keep getting worse. :(

I still put my paperwork in even though they said I would likely have to reapply as the fingerprint bg check is only good for six months. I am optimistic!!! Keep your thoughts positive.

Called again today.. They told me still no processing if records for at least 4 more weeks..

Well, that is better than March 10, but still unacceptable. I'm taking action to help us all. You can follow in this thread: http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/45601-taking-action-in-essex-county/

Has anybody heard ANYTHING else? ugh.. This really is getting to me. I just cant believe i've been waiting since Mid-September, and have to anticipate an additional couple months of waiting. It especially irks me because i'm waiting on a couple P2P's, and already have my FID. If anything, you would think it would be a little easier to process P2P's. I'm also surprised this isn't more of an issue. Essex County is huge, and you'd think that would mean a lot of pissed off people.

I just spoke with the Sargent at me local police department. He informed me that she told him the same thing...Checks will *begin* on March 13th. With that being said, she informed him that there are thousands that she needs to complete, and that it is going to take some time. I wouldn't expect anything until the year 2027. lol

I just spoke with the Sargent at me local police department. He informed me that she told him the same thing...Checks will *begin* on March 13th. With that being said, she informed him that there are thousands that she needs to complete, and that it is going to take some time. I wouldn't expect anything until the year 2027. lol

I spoke to Nancy a week ago... she told me they usually dedicated 1 day a week to do mental health checks. If she has thousands to do, it may be longer then 2027.

This is is utter madness folks!

Hopefully they do them in the order they were received. Im hoping that those of us who applied back in Sept/Oct might not have too long of a wait. I guess getting the system restored was only half the battle.