blksheep

Who is the best Jack Ryan...

Hmmmm... Have to reluctantly agree with Lunker on this one. I read all the books prior to the movie release and to me Baldwin was what my mind's eye created for Jack Ryan. That's the only Baldwin movie that I will ever re-watch. It also helps that Red October was actually at least similar to the novel. The other ones, not so much. Too much artistic/literary license from the film maker... Too bad.

Hmmmm... Have to reluctantly agree with Lunker on this one. I read all the books prior to the movie release and to me Baldwin was what my mind's eye created for Jack Ryan. That's the only Baldwin movie that I will ever re-watch. It also helps that Red October was actually at least similar to the novel. The other ones, not so much. Too much artistic/literary license from the film maker... Too bad.

I should've prefaced my answer like you did. Having read all of the Tom Clancy books with Jack Ryan in them, Alec Baldwin was the closest to the character in the book. Harrison Ford was already too old by the time he played Jack Ryan character.

I should've prefaced my answer like you did. Having read all of the Tom Clancy books with Jack Ryan in them, Alec Baldwin was the closest to the character in the to the character in the book. Harrison Ford was already too old by the time he played Jack Ryan character.

Agreed. Can't stand that douche, but in Red October, he fit the character from the book the best. Nervous flier on the plane, humble. That was the character from the novel.

In the later movies he was portrayed more like a James Bond super agent.

Agreed. Can't stand that douche, but in Red October, he fit the character from the book the best. Nervous flier on the plane, humble. That was the character from the novel.

In the later movies he was portrayed more like a James Bond super agent.

Another vote for the douche. While I can't stand Baldwin I agree he fit my mind's eye vision of Ryan after reading the books.

Dolph Lundgren would have made the best Jack Ryan.

LMAO. "I must bdake you" "You vill looz" Why stop there, what about adding Sly Stallone to the list, LOL j/k

Seriously though, I have to (grudgingly) agree with the guys who said Baldwins character. Ford is a much better actor, but Baldwin nailed it in Hunt for Red October, imo.

Ha! that would be a good one. Speaking of that one and the Clancy movies, I thought Willam DaFoe was a HORRIBLE choice for Mr. Clark. Mr. Clark is a true badass and would never let himself look like that. I always pictured Mr. Clark looking like Race Banion from Johnny Quest. How's that for a reference?... Sorry to hijack but I figured it was fair game and in the spirit of the discussion.