mattio41

February 8th, Pro 2a Rally

Warren Street was blocked by Trenton PD when we tried going down it. They wouldn't talk to us, just told us to keep it moving.

We made a mistake in regards to that- we drove a lifted truck up there. Would not fit in the parking garages. Doh!

Dittto!!! Should have taken the "little" truck !

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

HA HA I was in the 1st bus !! Must have missed you

Ahh, too bad I missed ya Ted. Yep, we arrived a bit late at ~6:50 and the 1st bus was already full. If I had known the 2nd wouldn't leave until 8:40 or so I could have slept in a lot more.

For everyone who pussed out due to weather - too bad, you missed a great event and a chance to show your support. I have a lot of respect for my friend who came and stood out in the wet and cold for nearly 3 hours despite having the flu.

I really have to compliment NJ2AS for this event - I thought it was extremely well organized and the majority of speakers were very good. It was really heartening to hear from others that share my views on 2A/RKBA issues - it can get depressing getting only one side from the media.

The weather was bad, feet numbed up after the first hour but It was great seeing the turnout and yapping with fellow people who give a damn.

Bullethole bus was fairly full with about 8 no-shows due to weather.

Thanks to Jen from supplying Coffee & doughnuts on the Bus

Irish Pete

Took the bus down from Montvale with a couple other NJGFers, and when we heard that there were ~13 no-shows on our bus, I really thought we would end up with 100 people at the rally if we were lucky. But, I was VERY pleasantly surprised with the turnout.

I was also very impressed with some of the speakers. Ainsley (sp?) and the Gun Rabbi stood out the most to me.

Now... I need to go soak my feet so I can maybe feel my toes again...

I want to give a shout out to Big Hayden and Displaced Texan as well as my good friend Rob for meeting up today on the trains from Lindenwold and Camden! It was a great day despite the weather. I think that I've finally thawed out now and warm dry clothes are a welcome change. Oh, and another shout out to Steve from Blue Anchor, a guy who introduced himself on the way back! I had great time meeting all of you and thank you for the support!

Glad I could spend a rainy, windy, cold and dreary day in Trenton surrounded by like-minded, red-blooded Amuricans suporting the Constitution.

HOLLA

I'm sad I didn't get to meet the great Ray Ray.

The weather was bad, feet numbed up after the first hour but It was great seeing the turnout and yapping with fellow people who give a damn.

Bullethole bus was fairly full with about 8 no-shows due to weather.

Thanks to Jen from supplying Coffee & doughnuts on the Bus

Irish Pete

My GF and I were 2 of those, except we followed in the car.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Glad I could spend a rainy, windy, cold and dreary day in Trenton surrounded by like-minded, red-blooded Amuricans suporting the Constitution.

HOLLA

Don't forget that nice diner. Food was damned good

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I was there but I showed up too late, I thought the rally started at 12 noon, not 10 AM. It was extremely frustrating to spend all that time making signs in the morning and driving out there only to find everyone was gone and I had missed my opportunity to support the 2nd amendment. I can only blame myself for having the incorrect information. Although I could've sworn I read a 12 noon start time somewhere on this forum. Either way, I'm disappointed in myself but very glad to hear that the rally was a success and there was a great turnout despite the weather. I'm making a promise to myself never to miss anything this important ever again. Its also appalling that the Trentonion article insists that there only 300 people there, more falsification and lack of truth and honesty in modern news media. I hope there's another rally or demonstration soon, there's nothing on this earth that will keep me from attending the next one.

HOLLA

Hey Ray - sorry I missed you brother. I was there with my son. Awesome day!!

I'm dissapointed in the turn-out. I expected more than what we got. The last minute cancellations/excuses/crying/winning about not making it are disgusting. You not only did a diservice to your country, but you make us look bad. Shame on you if you couldn't make it for whatever reason.

I think there were 300 people there, that's what I estimated.

300 people in the freezing rain is a very respectable turnout.

I think it was close to 1000 at its highest point around 11ish. People dwindled in late and out early so it was hard to judge but at one pint it was packed straight back to the street

My a$$ is finally drying off, our bus from Farmingdale only had 3 or 4 empty seats. Good to run into Matty and a few other CJRP members. A good mixed crowd of old and young guys and ladies even kids. It was a pleasure being there with all of you. Thanks to Frank F for putting this together.

Gotta take issue with the 300 number, there were more of us there than 300.....

Damn, my toes are still blue lol!!

HOLLA

Dude I missed you...where were you? I was up by the stage the whole time taking pictures. I just posted the best of them on the NJ2AS facebook page.

I just wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU, to all of you who had the courage and strength to come to the rally today.

Our show of strength today does NOT go unnoticed. Today was a very powerful day for me (and us), and y'all made me proud to be a NJ resident.

To those who could not make it today for whatever reason, PLEASE make it a point to voice your support for the 2A. Write letters, make phone calls, and send emails to our politicians. Additionally , DONATE to NJ2AS, the NRA, NSSF, ect. We need your support.

There is a march on Washington, DC on Saturday, May 25th. I'll be there, and I hope to see y'all there too.

Stay strong, and keep the fire in the fight!

Jeff