mattio41

February 8th, Pro 2a Rally

Dude I missed you...where were you? I was up by the stage the whole time taking pictures. I just posted the best of them on the NJ2AS facebook page.

where's the photo's? i cannot find dem

I'm dissapointed in the turn-out. I expected more than what we got. The last minute cancellations/excuses/crying/winning about not making it are disgusting. You not only did a diservice to your country, but you make us look bad. Shame on you if you couldn't make it for whatever reason.

Nice. How do you know if the reason we couldn't make it was valid?

Nice. How do you know if the reason we couldn't make it was valid?

I understand things can't work out. But with 1,000,000 or so gun owners in this state if we got 1% to show up that means 10,000 strong could've made it. We got 1% of that 10,000!

True. I did at least send a nj2as donation.

Nothing wrong with that. The buses had 50/50 rafles and there were buckets for donations at the rally. Everybody was contributing. That's what we need.

I took the time to mark every person in this picture with a dot. Nearly 500. And this is well before the rally started, given I am not in the photo and I was in the front row from 30 minutes prior to the very end.

I stand by my estimate we were north of 1000

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

post-5669-136036854599_thumb.jpg

Was cold and wet out there, got to TTN about 0915, parked in a garage about 2 blocks away. Should have brought gloves and better shoes. It was great to see such a turnout, I had to leave to get to work, but managed to hear the first two or three speaker. I hope the crowd at next weeks hearings of the Law & Public Safety Assembly committee are as well attended. I saw a story today that Wednesday 13 Feb will be the day they will try to ram them thru the committee

I was there and frankly i was surprised how many did show up and not surprised by how many didn't show up. Its the same old story the chest pounding rants and then nothing. I understand some have

legitimate reasons. My thinking is if all you do is sit on your PC and talk about what you are going to do and then do nothing ,Then you lose your right to complain and whine and you may lose your rights granted by the Constitution. It was cold and windy and raining but I'm glad i went, I'm glad i i was uncomfortable for a few hours to stand up for my rights,your rights,the rights of every American and the Constitution of the United States of America. Never give up,never stop fighting. If we lay down they may just as well throw dirt on top of us because we have ceased to live.

I understand things can't work out. But with 1,000,000 or so gun owners in this state if we got 1% to show up that means 10,000 strong could've made it. We got 1% of that 10,000!

You mean 10% of 10,000 (1% of 10,000 is 100). So 0.1% of total gun owners in NJ.

Sorry about being the math nazi :)

I was there and frankly i was surprised how many did show up and not surprised by how many didn't show up. Its the same old story the chest pounding rants and then nothing. I understand some have

legitimate reasons. My thinking is if all you do is sit on your PC and talk about what you are going to do and then do nothing ,Then you lose your right to complain and whine and you may lose your rights granted by the Constitution. It was cold and windy and raining but I'm glad i went, I'm glad i i was uncomfortable for a few hours to stand up for my rights,your rights,the rights of every American and the Constitution of the United States of America. Never give up,never stop fighting. If we lay down they may just as well throw dirt on top of us because we have ceased to live.

well said...i equate it to the same as draft dodgers...when it comes time to stand and fight some choose to duck and hide and expect others to fight for them...old sick weak...ok fine...but young lazy unacceptable....i saw many older men AND women out there...gray hair walking with canes...says something about the youth of today....

Every time I heard myself bitching about how cold it was, I thought about Gen. George Washington and his men, crossing the Delaware River in freezing weather, only a few miles from where we stood, 237 years ago.

If those great men could do that, I could suck it up for a few hours in the sleet.

I thought it was a pretty good turnout today, despite the bone chilling wet weather.

I was disappointed to not run into more of my NJGF buddies. We probably should have figured out some way to identify each other, or have designated a place to meet.

Every time I heard myself bitching about how cold it was, I thought about Gen. George Washington and his men, crossing the Delaware River in freezing weather, only a few miles from where we stood, 237 years ago.

If those great men could do that, I could suck it up for a few hours in the sleet.

Agreed. Said the same thing to myself. When my feet were hurting from the cold, I thought of Washington's men, some who didn't have boots and wrapped rags on their feet to walk through the snow.

Yes, it was kinda miserable out there today, but what's 3 hours of discomfort when fighting for your rights?

I was thinking the same thing. For what they gave up for us on that day today was only a small price to pay. Besides when we finished we we could get in our cars with heat.

I took the time to mark every person in this picture with a dot. Nearly 500. And this is well before the rally started, given I am not in the photo and I was in the front row from 30 minutes prior to the very end.

I stand by my estimate we were north of 1000

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, this seems like a pretty early photo. I think my group arrived at about 10:15 and there was definitely many more than that. 300-500 is the usual turn-out for free summer fans and Obama phones in the urban areas....

I'm proud of the men and women who stood there as i did. A small price to pay for freedom considering what it took to get freedom in the first place.

There was a George Washington in that crowd today,maybe more then one. Of that im sure

Anybody have some links about the rallies in the rest of the country. I'm curious how we did nationally.

One from Kansas

Atlanta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psZn6DmDRmc

Minnesota

Looking at the first two videos I think we had a better showing.

It was cold. It was good to see everyone that could make it. By the way, everyone that drove around for an hour, next time, look for signs that say "Parking" or "Daily Parking". Usually that denotes parking areas open to the public. ;)

Felt good to be a part of something bigger.

Went home, took a hot shower, and then went and saw Zero Dark Thirty for the rest of my day off.

Oh, and thanks to the guys I walked from the train station with. You would think politicians would be aware of the plight of the law abiding citizen having to walk in areas like that on the regular. Oh wait, they have security. Nevermind. More letters tomorrow!

Anyone who didn't show because they're crying about parking, well there was a parking garage a few blocks away that I paid 8 bucks to use, if your rights aren't worth 8 dollars then please don't say you care about freedom, secondly the weather is nothing to cry about either I drove from Sussex county and I would've slept in my car for the night being stuck in Trenton if it meant making this rally

Thank you to everyone who came hopefully we can fix this state

It was cold. It was good to see everyone that could make it. By the way, everyone that drove around for an hour, next time, look for signs that say "Parking" or "Daily Parking". Usually that denotes parking areas open to the public. ;)

Felt good to be a part of something bigger.

Went home, took a hot shower, and then went and saw Zero Dark Thirty for the rest of my day off.

Oh, and thanks to the guys I walked from the train station with. You would think politicians would be aware of the plight of the law abiding citizen having to walk in areas like that on the regular. Oh wait, they have security. Nevermind. More letters tomorrow!

I hear ya! My group had to board the Trenton bound train in CAMDEN! I wouldn't have done it alone through the nations #1 murder capital without some wing men! (Misplaced Texan & BigHayden) Just the fact that I traveled through TRENTON and CAMDEN today should show the level of my support! I can tell ya, it wasn't a cozy warm bus with coffee and doughnuts! I wish it were, but it was what it was... thats where we choose to live. We all got there and supported! And so glad that I did!

Alright, extra-credit mission. Let's comment bomb this trash at the Trentonian:

http://www.trentonia...nj-statehouse#2

Because they're too cheap to send out their own reporters, many of the media outlets seem to be publishing the piece written by AP, which obviously reported the low number. Unfortunately, we can debate the numbers "until the cow comes home," but the public is stupid and considers these reports to be accurate.

yup we got to see scenic camden too on our journey to the capital....there should be a requirement before hearing/voting on any gun legislation...the politicians should have to walk the streets in these cities...and take public transportation...without security details..without their ccdw.....but like the rest of the peasants...they might see things a little differently than they do from their safe comfortable lifestyles....

Well said!