powerrockbill

Atlantic tactical ..long wait for nics

Just seeing if anyone out there has made a firearm purchase from atlantic tactical lately. I made a purchase on 12/20 and am still waiting for the nics to clear. I called today and they had nothing. I can understand a wait but this is ridiculous!

Just venting

Happy new year ya'll

Bill

I bought my SKS for Ed's Gun Shop christmas eve and the NICS check was turned around in 4 hours and I bought an PX4 from Arms and Ammo and I filled out the paperwork on December 28th and I got a call I was G2G on the 29th. I'd ask them to resubmit.

My Edit: This is what happen with me. Maybe I got lucky. I don't know about the NICS process so it's just my opinion to resubmit if even possible.

It really depends. I submitted my paperwork on Thursday and it was done today. I was told by the same FFL that they had other people submitted before me that he is still waiting on the approval for. I guess I was lucky.

I waited a week for a gun there... Forget exactly when I paid and picked up the gun. If you can swing driving by, ask them in person to look for your paperwork. I was told on the phone that it hadn't come back, but when I dropped in, they found my approval.

I assume that NICS is NICS no matter where you buy your gun. I just bought two guns on Saturday and NICS went through immediately from a store in Florida. I do not know how they assign phone numbers to gun stores but it sounds like a problem with the store and not NICS.

Once a response is made. i.e. pending/delayed, then the clock starts. It doesn't mean that they get 3 days to run the initial check.

Paul has this ever happened with one of you customers?

purchased from atlantic tactical on 1/5 and i'm still waiting. Powerrockbill did you get the go ahead form atlantic yet? If so how many days did it take?

Also what happens if a permit expires before the NICS approval and durring the request for an extension the nics finally comes in but the permit holder is still waiting for thier extension approval from the town which takes longer than the allotted 3 days after NICS approval to pick up the pistol. Does the permit holder need to wait another 30 days before reprocessing the NICS or since the pistol was never picked up can they run NICS immediately?

Just seeing if anyone out there has made a firearm purchase from atlantic tactical lately. I made a purchase on 12/20 and am still waiting for the nics to clear. I called today and they had nothing. I can understand a wait but this is ridiculous!

Just venting

Happy new year ya'll

Bill

That is rediculous - somebody lost the fax...Have them send it again...Locat FFL is doing 2 day turn-around now.

purchased from atlantic tactical on 1/5 and i'm still waiting. Powerrockbill did you get the go ahead form atlantic yet? If so how many days did it take?

I'm in the same boat with Atlantic Tactical. They filled out the fax and sent it on the 5th. They said it should be back in 2 days. I can only pick up on Saturday so I called on Friday, the 11th and they said they have not gotten anything. I checked again on the 12th and same answer. I did not fill out any paper work as they did not have any of the forms to fill out on that Saturday. I'm not sure if that is the hold up. I'm going to check in again tomorrow to see if they got it.

I waited This past Wed 1/8 to Sat afternoon 1/11

Was this also from Atlantic Tactical?

Just called today and still no luck. 10 days and counting. Has anyone had any luck picking up from Atlantic Tactical?

I am on day 11 with Atlantic tactical, I would like to know why they are taking longer than other shops. I wonder if Atlantic faxed out chekcs to the proper number to my understanding the NICS number changed.