PeteyPete

15 Round Magazines...Keep buying?

Since the talks began surrounding gun-control, I've been purchasing 15 round magazines. I now question the wisdom of such purchases as it looks like we may have more onerous law, limiting magazines to five rounds. If the last assault weapons ban was any indication, New Jersey is not one for grandfathering. Essentially, they would require us to either turn them in or throw them out.

Aside from buying a house in neighboring Pennsylvania, what do you think? Is it worthwhile to purchase more 15 round magazines as the become available?

I'm buying....I just picked some more 15 round mags for the CZ and that took some effort and luck so I'm by no means the only one.

If you dont want to take the chance.. ill help you reduce your stock as not to risk turning them in to the feds. :friends:

Id say buy. There is a lot of hype but I find it hard for them not to allow grandfathering even in the most effed up of circumstances. Theres ALOT of investment dollars in mags both here and across the country.. Try telling a good portion of those people to turn over their investment for little or no restitution.

Last time NJ not only allowed grandfathering but also the buyging and selling of grandfathered magazines if you had the $100 to buy one. They were pretty common during IPSC and Steel matches. I used to borrow one or two for a major match because I was not as smart as others who stocked up on them in anticpation of an AWB. I do not see how they can make you give them back since most have no serial number and there are many millions of them out there. I bought 5 high capacity magazines for every firearm I own before the panic buying set in so I am set for my needs. Funny thing is that I wanted to even get 12 round mags for my M&P22 too but could only find the 10 rounders. However I found out that they are both the same mag except one has a removable metal piece to block the last two rounds. So I ordered 10 rounders, removed the floor plate and metal tube and now have 12 round magazines. I remember during the last AWB, many people blocked their high capacity mags to limit them to 10 rounds and then removed whatever it was that they installed so that they could used the high capacity for competition. Always discussions about how legal that was but the last AWB law was written by people who did not know much about guns so it was vague and never heard of anyone getting into trouble for it.

Millions........Probably more out there. I could not imagine magazine manufacturers making five round mags for handguns and rifles. They will though if a law if passed. I have 10 five round mags for my Saiga-12. Stinks to swap them in and out during a competition, but that's what I have to do in NJ. My sister could do the same competition with two drums.................But she lives in Free America.

If you dont want to take the chance.. ill help you reduce your stock as not to risk turning them in to the feds. :friends:

Id say buy. There is a lot of hype but I find it hard for them not to allow grandfathering even in the most effed up of circumstances. Theres ALOT of investment dollars in mags both here and across the country.. Try telling a good portion of those people to turn over their investment for little or no restitution.

American gun owners need to stand together. The Leftist judges and politicians do not care how much is invested. They would melt all of our guns right now and find a way to fine/tax us on the transaction. Additionally, the investment isn't, in my opinion, as important as the freedom to own and the fact that these things were bought and paid for and owned legally.

In this ridiculous state I would make sure you keep all dated receipts of magazines.