zoid

Anyone here switch from Glocks to M&Ps?

The M&P series seem to be more and more popular these days. I hear

a lot of good things about them. I'm a Glock guy myself and have considered

the M&P for a while. Anyone go from Glock to M&P and liked it better? Or

vice versa? What did you like better/worse?

I am considering the same thing due to better grip vs g19 and g21. Hand just grips them better but the glock conceals better and is kind of slimmer for me. Also in lay i have the beretta cx storm series for the subcompact.

I ll have to shoot the MP and Beretta more to be comfortable more and then think again if i want to make the switch.

I learned to shoot a pistol on a G23. I carry a G22 and G27 everyday at work, a G23 off duty an shoot a G35 in competition. I am .40 Glock guy.

I bought an M&P .45. I shot about 1000 rounds through it and sold it. It was too different in grip, feel, and trigger from the Glocks and brought my ability with the Glocks down a few notches when I spent my training time on a different platform.

If ever I wasn't mandated to carry a G22 I may try one again. Then again, I have so much time on the Glock system I don't know if I want to invest the time and the training budget (ammo, range time, professional instruction) to learn a new platform to the level of competence I am at with my current pistols.

As always, YMMV and all that

I recently sold my Glock. I know shoot an M&P, and I am really enjoying it. Nice crisp trigger pull, and I have to say I shoot it better. I really never like the trigger on my Glock, but then again I never did anything to improve it. I do however miss the ease of field stripping my G22 even though the M&P field strip is fairly easy as well. First time I shot it, I gave it quick cleaning before bringing it to the range. 250 rounds and not a single hiccup. I do miss how nice my glock pointed so naturally, but I really see myself liking the M&P.

Passaic Cty Sherrif dept just switched from Glock 23 to M&P 45. My buddy on the force liked my M&P 9 when he held it years ago. He likes the M&P 45, but really isn't a gun guy and prefers his old Glock as he was used to it for a dozen years.

He does carry an Xdm 3.8 compact 40 which he loved after trying mine.

Find a Passaic cty Sherrif officer and ask as they are in best position to give you opinion on them now :)

I have. Sold off my Glock 26, 19, 17 and 30SF for an M&P 9c and 9 Pro. Replaced the 9c with an HK P2000SK but still have and use the Pro for competition and range. Just never felt anything about any of my Glocks to make me want to keep them. Very reliabile except for the 2 26's that were defective out of the box but I seldom felt like picking them up or carrying them like I do with my other guns. Sort of like my wristwatches which I take pleasure in wearing. I could get a Timex and it may even keep better time than the ones I have but the ones I have give me pleasure and Glocks do not. :)

I know someone that switched from HK's to Glocks :p

I can understand that as I switched from $1K customized Sigs to Glocks because I no longer wanted DA/SA guns and Glocks are just as reliable for my needs. However, as a posted, they did not provide me with any joy so I went to HK's that do float my boat. I have been shooting since 1970 and only bought my first Glock in 2011. Learned to disassemble them completely, did my own modifications, etc. but since I can afford HK's, what the heck.