M4BGRINGO

One permit left to use, anything interesting?

Have had several permits die due to no $.

Might have some play money, one permit left, wondering if I should find something.

Last odd-ball gun I bought was a Ruger .30 Carbine revolver.

Wondering if I should get something else strange, something usefull, or ......................

Alec, I was thinking of the S&W 460, but I would rather have a nice rifle. I have so many handguns now.....

My buddy just got a new CZ I need to check out. I think a 1911 type gun in 9mm or .40 would be cool.

Dave, I have a S&W 610 and we ran 10mm though it last week. I thought it was going to be like .357, but it is far from it. :(

The .30 Carbine though got everyones attention!

Although I do not need permits, I am approaching retirement and promised my wife that I would only buy one more gun after buying 30 in the last 3 years. What did I choose? A Ruger 10/20 Takedown rifle. After 42 years I have never owned a takedown rifle and this one is a winner. It is at the gun store now waiting on a scope arriving tomorrow. This rifle will hold its zero after taking it apart and putting it back together again and it is as simple as pressing a lever and a 90 degree twist. Comes with a backpack that holds the two halves of the rifle and scope plus 4 25 round magazines and some room for whatever. The ranchers and farmers around here tell me that a .22 rifle or handgun will handle most of their daily needs from taking down coyote and smaller critters to warding off 2 legged critters too. Since we have to deal with hurricanes every year, most of us have hurricane kits of essential items to toss into our cars at short notice if we have to head out. The Ruger 10/22 Takedown fits into that role very nicely and its case also has enough room for me to slip one of my larger handguns with spare mags into it to suppliment whatever gun I am carrying on my belt. The case has molle straps so I can also attach some of the many bags I have that hold guns and ammo. Very useful and fun firearm.

post-3532-0-36589200-1357105259_thumb.jpg

Let's see. I have a S&W 22A, Browning Buckmark and Sig GSG1911, those are my "small" semis. ;) I also have a Beretta 92FS, 96FS, and a Springfield Armory 1911, so small, medium, and large calibers. Most of my handguns are revolvers though. My FFL has a .38 Special revolver, S&W of course, 2" barrel, really thinking about that one.

Let's see. I have a S&W 22A, Browning Buckmark and Sig GSG1911, those are my "small" semis. ;) I also have a Beretta 92FS, 96FS, and a Springfield Armory 1911, so small, medium, and large calibers. Most of my handguns are revolvers though. My FFL has a .38 Special revolver, S&W of course, 2" barrel, really thinking about that one.

I have been buying and carrying S&W Snubbies for a while and hate to say it but the Ruger LCR has a much better trigger out of the box, is lighter than the typical 642, and has better grips. I just sold the last of my S&W Snub Nose guns and this from a guy who loves all metal guns. But everyone should shoot a S&W .38. The only problem I see is that they are more carry a lot but shoot little type guns and you will soon find it to be a safe queen and hard to sell. How about a Ruger GP100 or S&W 686? My last fun handgun was a Ruger .357 Blackhawk. Love the SA guns. Reminds me of my childhood when I played cowboys and indians. :) You seem to be missing a Glock. I no longer own any but I did own 7 in the last few years. However if you are like me, a revolver guy, you owe it to yourself to get a SA, perhaps a Ruger Vaquero in .45 Colt to see how the Cowboys felt when they shot their guns. In my case I bought a Colt SAA as I wanted the real thing but $1300 for a gun I shot a few times a year did not play out and I sold it for a few other guns. At least I have experienced what it feels like in my hand. :)

I have a Ruger .30 carbine revolver. I really don't like the S/A that much, really hate the grips, pain to load and unload, but is a fun indoor range gun for sure! I have a couple of S&W 686's already, not to mention just a "few" other revolvers. I don't own any plastic guns, yet. Maybe one day, maybe.......... Nick, you get Alec to buy the reloading dies and maybe I'll think about a S&W 460 or 500.............No way am I paying for that ammo unless we reload!