Cemeterys Gun Blob

The Cancer is spreading....Will it come to NJ??

So the cancer is spreading......not only does Illinois have it with what they're dealing with this week, but also;

IOWA:

State Rep. Dan Muhlbauer, D-Manilla, says Iowa lawmakers should ban semi-automatic guns and “start taking them” from owners who refuse to surrender any illegal firearms through a buy-back program.

Muhlbauer said flatly that he’s not frightened politically by the National Rifle Association or the Iowa Gun Owners.

http://www.dmcityview.com/2012/12/26/rural-caucus-chair-state-should-ban-confiscate-semi-automatic-guns/

MASS:

Beacon Hill lawmakers — already presiding over a state with some of the strictest gun rules in the country — set their sights on tougher gun control laws

“I get that,” she said. “But I don’t know if you need the big weapons to kill deer. 
... We have to look at what weapons are acceptable in society.”

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/01/sworn_in_legislators_target_gun_control

(And MA has some of the toughest gun laws in the nation)

CONN:

"Certainly I will support reasonable restrictions on assault weapons," Camillo said. "I don't think there's any place in society for them." Keep in mind that CT already as an AWB

http://greenwich.dailyvoice.com/politics/greenwich-legislators-expect-gun-control-2013-agenda

What does all this have to do with NJ? We already now that Loretta Weinberg wants to revisit NJ's gun laws and update them, not for the better mind you, so we must remain vigilant about paying attention to what's happening in this State.

As I posted right after Connecticut "now we are truly Fuc#@d" and was asked why by a forum member. The anti's smell blood and more is being spilled everyday,they have a groundswell of public support and is organized and motivated... We on the other hand can't seem to tear ourselves away from X File or Walking Dead reruns long enough to agree that we are indeed..... Truly Fuc#@d........

NY has metastasized:

BREAKING: New York Legislature to Introduce Bills Making Posession of Any AWB Firearms Illegal, Remove Grandfathering

The New York Legislature is set to consider a bill that would vastly expand the current “Assault Weapons Ban” that is on the books. Here’s some of the highlights:

• All firearms must either be rendered inoperative or surrendered to the police. No grandfathering, no exceptions.
  • Removes the “grandfathering” exception for possession of magazines with a greater than 10 round capacity.
  • Bumps up AWB-firearm possession from 3rd degree “criminal possession of a weapon” to first degree, putting simple possession of such a firearm at the same level of punishment as Rape 1 or Manslaughter 1.

Oh, and the whole thing is severable. So if one section is ever declared unconstitutional, the rest of it stays.

Full text here. There are also two other bills being considered . . .

S202-2013 has one heck of a preamble:

The New York state legislature finds that semi-automatic assault weapons are military-style guns designed to allow rapid and accurate spray firing for the quick and efficient killing of humans. The shooter can simply point – as opposed to carefully aim – the weapon to quickly spray a wide area with a hail of bullets. Gun manufacturers have for many years made, marketed and sold to civilians semi-automatic versions of military assault weapons designed with features specifically intended to increase lethality for military applications. As a result, approximately 2,000,000 assault weapons are currently in circulation in the United States. These weapons have been the weapon of choice in the most notorious mass shootings of innocent civilians in the United States, including the 1999 massacre at Columbine High School (TEC-DC9 assault pistol and Hi-Point Carbine) and the 2002 Washington, D.C.-area sniper shootings (Bushmaster XM15 assault rifle). According to FBI data, between 1998 and 2001, one in five law enforcement officers slain in the line of duty was killed with an assault weapon. In 2003, New York lost two of its finest when undercover officers in the elite Firearms Investigation Unit of the NYPD Organized Crime Control Bureau were brutally murdered while attempting to purchase an illegal TEC-9 semi-automatic assault weapon. The availability of military-style assault weapons poses a serious threat to the public health and safety. Most citizens, including most gun owners, believe that assault weapons should not be available for civilian use.

The availability of military-style assault weapons poses a serious threat to the public health and safety. Most citizens, including most gun owners, believe that assault weapons should not be available for civilian use.

Perhaps the people they asked didn't understand that their shotguns will be taken away too.....

It is coming to NJ. And I don't trust Christie for second to defend our 2A rights. If a bill comes to his desk, he will sign it for his own political gain.

I think Christie is actually neutral about 2A, and would do what he thinks is in his political best interest. If signing a bill would advance his political portfolio, he would -- and his ego is massive enough that he has his sights set on national office.

But what might play with soccer moms in New Jersey won't play in the red states. He must be smart enough to realize that if he comes down hard on 2A rights, he will never make it to the finals for the Republican nomination. Never mind make it into to the White House, except as a useful tool for the Democrats.

Up until recently I felt that the Pro Gunners were winning the war because we had the money. The NRA spends and receives 10x the anti's did. The state ban approach may change that. We know that most officials wipe there ass when it comes to the Constitution and would allow the thing to play out in court in which the case it goes back to money. No matter how much we donate the Gov. prints it. Thank god for Texas!

This was expected after the holidays. Therre will be a flurry of new bills in in anti 2a states, and out of dc. Maybe all the screamng about confiscation will wake some people up. Get busy and contact your and evrybodys legiiislators. Nj2as is sendiing out emaiils with people to call every day. Don't give up!

NJ is already pre-cancerous so I have no doubt about it. :) At least here they do not register guns or do we have any requirement to record any private sales so it would be very difficult to take our guns because they have no idea of who has what.

I suspect that the real initial goal is to compromise at requiring registration of such guns and more in deapth background checks. No ban, just registration of assault weapons. Then when that proves to not have any impact on mass shootings, the government and/or antigunners will be in a better position to confiscate our firearms. I am convinced that the future will not find private citizens legally owning firearms except for special needs like hunting, sports shooting, etc. and even then you may have to store your gun someplace authorized by the government. If you do not think this is possible all I can say is that having worked in London for a few years and often visited Australia, they thought it was impossible too and predicted an uprising. However when it came down to it no one really wanted to give up their nice comfortable life and drag their families to the Outback or hills to join a rebel band to fight the government. As much as I love shooting and my guns I am not so concentric or afraid of life to give up the very comfortable life I have built for myself to defy gun laws as most will not. I will use the power of my vote but if the rest of the country out votes me than they win. It is funny how so many people only seen to like democracy when it goes their way. :)

NJ is already pre-cancerous so I have no doubt about it. :) At least here they do not register guns or do we have any requirement to record any private sales so it would be very difficult to take our guns because they have no idea of who has what.

I suspect that the real initial goal is to compromise at requiring registration of such guns and more in deapth background checks. No ban, just registration of assault weapons. Then when that proves to not have any impact on mass shootings, the government and/or antigunners will be in a better position to confiscate our firearms. I am convinced that the future will not find private citizens legally owning firearms except for special needs like hunting, sports shooting, etc. and even then you may have to store your gun someplace authorized by the government. If you do not think this is possible all I can say is that having worked in London for a few years and often visited Australia, they thought it was impossible too and predicted an uprising. However when it came down to it no one really wanted to give up their nice comfortable life and drag their families to the Outback or hills to join a rebel band to fight the government. As much as I love shooting and my guns I am not so concentric or afraid of life to give up the very comfortable life I have built for myself to defy gun laws as most will not. I will use the power of my vote but if the rest of the country out votes me than they win. It is funny how so many people only seen to like democracy when it goes their way. :)

And what if they voted out the first amendment and heavily restricted that? What if they passed a bill saying that any language that isn't nice or critical of others is now a punishable crime, even more so when you criticize the government? What if tomorrow they struck out the fourth amendment and said anyone suspected of being a terrorist or drug lord (ANYONE) is apt to have their homes searched and their belongings seized for investigative purposes? What if they just tore to hell the whole damn bill of rights and said "Well, we'll still let you do stuff, as long as we're okay with that?" Isn't that tyranny? Would you still roll over and say "Well, the votes were in their favor?"

I think Christie is actually neutral about 2A, and would do what he thinks is in his political best interest. If signing a bill would advance his political portfolio, he would -- and his ego is massive enough that he has his sights set on national office.

But what might play with soccer moms in New Jersey won't play in the red states. He must be smart enough to realize that if he comes down hard on 2A rights, he will never make it to the finals for the Republican nomination. Never mind make it into to the White House, except as a useful tool for the Democrats.

Just pointing out here that Romney signed the Mass AWB while governor, and he wound up the Republican nominee.. Just sayin, though I think Cristie is a more able politician.

And what if they voted out the first amendment and heavily restricted that? What if they passed a bill saying that any language that isn't nice or critical of others is now a punishable crime, even more so when you criticize the government? What if tomorrow they struck out the fourth amendment and said anyone suspected of being a terrorist or drug lord (ANYONE) is apt to have their homes searched and their belongings seized for investigative purposes? What if they just tore to hell the whole damn bill of rights and said "Well, we'll still let you do stuff, as long as we're okay with that?" Isn't that tyranny? Would you still roll over and say "Well, the votes were in their favor?"

Mr. Pants has an excellent point, and sad to say, the evidence in England of failure of free speech rights is already there:

http://www.volokh.com/2013/01/02/crime-in-england-to-post-on-facebook-that-all-soldiers-should-die-go-to-hell/

NicePants signature says it all...

"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swaps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours." — Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

I must read this book now

Just pointing out here that Romney signed the Mass AWB while governor, and he wound up the Republican nominee.. Just sayin, though I think Cristie is a more able politician.

I'd just point out that Romney did manage to lose, in spite of running against an incumbent president with the worst economic record in more than 100 years. Did the Mass AWB hurt him? Probably, although there were many, many other factors.

I agree Christie is a more able politician. And I could easily see him on a Republican ticket as VP. But I don't think signing a more restrictive AWB than the one we have now would play very well in the red states.

(I'd also point out that the primary cancer started in New Jersey!)

Mr. Pants has an excellent point, and sad to say, the evidence in England of failure of free speech rights is already there:

http://www.volokh.co...die-go-to-hell/

What that guy wrote about that soldier was absolutely despicable and he should get crapped on for it, but to have the government come in and say that words on a screen, opinions, or speech is a crime is an absolute gross misuse of power, and it should be a warning to all of us.

This is the emboldenment I was talking about when I said it concerned me the ground swell may make the anti's think they can really go for it. :(

New York is proposing a new AWB that does away with ALL grandfathering for everything, including mags