Cemeterys Gun Blob

The Cancer is spreading....Will it come to NJ??

That would suck for NY, but if the law didn't make it to NJ, at least it would lessen the shortage on AR's and mags. Gotta look for a positive :)

I know you used a smiley, but it's actually not funny- at this point int he game, a loss in ANY state is a loss for ALL of us, sooner or later...

I know you used a smiley, but it's actually not funny- at this point int he game, a loss in ANY state is a loss for ALL of us, sooner or later...

This ^^^.

Remember, the laws in NJ is the epicenter of the Cancer. NJ has been and will always be the most restrictive, and very crafty at doing that (remember we have carry laws on books, not in practice).

NJ is already pre-cancerous so I have no doubt about it. :) At least here they do not register guns or do we have any requirement to record any private sales so it would be very difficult to take our guns because they have no idea of who has what.

I suspect that the real initial goal is to compromise at requiring registration of such guns and more in deapth background checks. No ban, just registration of assault weapons. Then when that proves to not have any impact on mass shootings, the government and/or antigunners will be in a better position to confiscate our firearms. I am convinced that the future will not find private citizens legally owning firearms except for special needs like hunting, sports shooting, etc. and even then you may have to store your gun someplace authorized by the government. If you do not think this is possible all I can say is that having worked in London for a few years and often visited Australia, they thought it was impossible too and predicted an uprising. However when it came down to it no one really wanted to give up their nice comfortable life and drag their families to the Outback or hills to join a rebel band to fight the government. As much as I love shooting and my guns I am not so concentric or afraid of life to give up the very comfortable life I have built for myself to defy gun laws as most will not. I will use the power of my vote but if the rest of the country out votes me than they win. It is funny how so many people only seen to like democracy when it goes their way. :)

Give up your guns and your life will be anything but comfortable. I, for one, have a family to defend and I WILL not sit idly bye as they are pillaged and raped. Sorry, I will not live like that. I have become accustomed to being prepared and protected with firearms and I will NOT comply by giving up that last line of defense.

If living in fear of thugs, unions and government for the rest of my life is considered "comfortable", count me out.

Give up your guns and your life will be anything but comfortable. I, for one, have a family to defend and I WILL not sit idly bye as they are pillaged and raped. Sorry, I will not live like that. I have become accustomed to being prepared and protected with firearms and I will NOT comply by giving up that last line of defense.

If living in fear of thugs, unions and government for the rest of my life is considered "comfortable", count me out.

But you will be safe because no one will have guns. Except criminals that is. But don't worry the police are minutes away.

Seriously tho, i feel the same way.

Just pointing out here that Romney signed the Mass AWB while governor, and he wound up the Republican nominee.. Just sayin, though I think Cristie is a more able politician.

There is a little more to this... I'm at work right now, so I can't fully research the issue, but from what I understand, Romney was backed into a corner where there were two bills: an AWB that was bad and an AWB that was worse. The AWB that was bad at least had some provisions that loosened restrictions on hunting and some other gun-rights issues. The AWB that was worse banned things like 10/22's. He picked the lesser of two evils because the state assembly had the votes to override his veto and push the worse AWB through.

IMHO, Romney and Christie are cut from similar cloth. Neither of them grew up around guns. Neither really hunted (despite what Romney claimed about being an "avid" varmint hunter. They both probably feel some sort of belief that people should be able to hunt, sport shoot, and defend their homes. But neither of them are Rick Perry, who jogs with a loaded LCP. But the fact of the matter is that Christie is about as Pro-2A as we are going to get without a Governor VanDrew or Governor Sweeny - and they are both Democrats.

Well said

You know, the more I read this forum the more I remember EXACTLY why I moved out of NJ to Kentucky. Here in Ky we rate nearly the worst state for gun control according to the Brady Bunch and that's just fine by me. In fact in this time of turmoil one of our Congressmen has just introduced a law to REPEAL federal gun free school zones so that teachers and others can be armed as they should be. I'm about to establish residency in NJ so that I may be closer to some friends but after considerable pondering I've decided to be there only a couple months or so scattered throughout the year. And yes, I do believe Christie will bend as needed. The best Republican in NJ is lucky if he equals the Worst Democrat in Ky. ( of course I refer to politicians...who IMHO all are bad these days) I've been closely watching all the goings on in NJ and it's worse than ever. I believe locally there were about 15 or so signed up for NRA membership this month so far.

I know I've read it on this forum before, but hasn't Christie said he would veto any additional gun legislation?

He's more recently said some other things:                                                                                                             http://www.businessi...                You guys need to worry far more about federal issues than Jersey issues.                 I have a heads-up straight from your Creator - You aint getting CC in 2013.            You need to join the National fight to preserve the Constitution rather than let us slide into a totalitarian society.