W2SJW

Proud owner of a brand-new Cx4 Storm - anyone else an owner?

I called Beretta directly and was told that production has been halted. They told me its for 1 of 2 reasons: Redesign or a large Military order was placed and needs to be filled before they continue production of civilian models.

Good to know. So halted is better tha discontinued.

Pythagoras I feel your pain.

Here a couple of long shots from other forums. Best of Luck!

Heritage Guild in Easton, PA & Branchburg, NJ have all three calibers for $799. (as of 5 days ago)

Shop in Hooksette NH called Rileys 603-485-5000 (as of 7 days ago)

I am not going to part with mine unless somebody makes an insane offer I can' refuse! :crazy:

PS Gun Broker haas plenty available for even insaner prices! (2x new list for used!) :scared:

Thanks for the info, Blueskybob. Both Heritage stores are out and don't know when to expect a new shipment. Yeah, I saw the prices on gunbroker. Some around 1700? Crazy!

I called Beretta directly and was told that production has been halted. They told me its for 1 of 2 reasons: Redesign or a large Military order was placed and needs to be filled before they continue production of civilian models.

Thanks for the info, Kelekona. Hope they continue soon.

Good to know. So halted is better tha discontinued.

Sure is!

Guys,

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply - work has been crazy the last week or so, but I've been getting all your responses on my mobile.

I was at the Heritage Guild in Easton last Saturday, and they only had one Cx4 left (by the barrel size, I would assume it was a .40 or .45). I’m having a hard time finding the soft nylon case at a good price, as I don't want to bring the gun to the range in the hard-case.

I joined the Beretta forum a day after joining here, and those guys are a treasure-trove of good info! Many discussions about the future of this weapon - I thought long & hard about where to spend my money, and I'm not disappointed with my purchase (I promised myself I wouldn't let news & images of what the replacement/redesign might be make me go "oh $hit, I gotta have that instead!").

Hopefully, I will get to the range & try her out on Friday or Saturday. I picked up a laser boresight for $27 & at least got my red-dot close enough to start with...

Also, am I losing my mind, or does this forum not have a spell checker? Firefox won't spell-check in this text cell...

Guys,

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply - work has been crazy the last week or so, but I've been getting all your responses on my mobile.

I was at the Heritage Guild in Easton last Saturday, and they only had one Cx4 left (by the barrel size, I would assume it was a .40 or .45). I’m having a hard time finding the soft nylon case at a good price, as I don't want to bring the gun to the range in the hard-case.

I joined the Beretta forum a day after joining here, and those guys are a treasure-trove of good info! Many discussions about the future of this weapon - I thought long & hard about where to spend my money, and I'm not disappointed with my purchase (I promised myself I wouldn't let news & images of what the replacement/redesign might be make me go "oh $hit, I gotta have that instead!").

Hopefully, I will get to the range & try her out on Friday or Saturday. I picked up a laser boresight for $27 & at least got my red-dot close enough to start with...

Also, am I losing my mind, or does this forum not have a spell checker? Firefox won't spell-check in this text cell...

Thanks, will check out the Beretta forum

I don't know about Firefox, but Chrome spellchecks the text box just fine, and it's lightning fast *shameless plug* :rolleyes:

I got mine at meltzers 2 years ago for $680.00

9 mm 92sf mags.I just ordered 2 -15 round mags from

Midway for i think $19 each.. I also put the sierra papa trigger kit in.

Totally better trigger group!.The stock trigger sucked !!

I love the gun. Will never get rid of it. Good luck

Agreed!! Just got mine and I'm sure as hell not giving it up!!

The PD in a town near me told me just to hide it because that's what they planned on doing with all their firearms. Although I couldn't tell if they were serious or not.

I have one of the older 9mms... they changed the texture on the forend and added tabs so the safety cannot move when placing the gun on its side (more of a feature from the MX4).

It costs a little more than other similar guns, but is worth it on my eyes. Having both a 92 and PX4 in 9mm, I can run it with either magazine. Would have considered a.45, but Beretta never released one that accepts PX4 magazines... which I also have.

IMG_0484.jpg

Just a quick update - I was not happy with the TruGlo, so I sold it to a good friend that wanted it for his Hi-Point 4595, and I went with a Bushnell TRS-25. I have almost a perfect co-witness with this unit now as well:

tamGCDh.jpg