Sign in to follow this  
Recon Racoon

Film Processing

So, I found two rolls of film in my garage last night while I was setting up my reloading press. One roll is Kodak Tri-X Pan Black and White film (TX 135-20), the other is Kodachrome II (K-12 Process).

I think I can have the Black and White film developed, but what about the Kodachrome? I know the last US based place stopped doing it in 2010, but are there any other places that do it unofficially?

Wow, that's a good question. Its a digital world now. I think they can take old film and make them into digital files.

Don't know where though.

If it were normal 35mm C-41 film, I could take it to work and have it done. The problem is, Walgreens can only process C-41 film. When we do film, we develop the film, then scan and digitize it. From there we can do photo CD's and Index prints. But this isn't standard film, so none of that can be done, at least with us.

Google rocky mountain film lab. I think they are one the few k labs left in the USA. Tri-x can be done at most pro labs. Try duggal in NYC.

Sorry to say its a digital world now. I am in this business (Fujifilm) and while I rode the digital wave in hard, real photo finishing is in rapid decline.

People do not print anymore. They view images.

Hopefully I will make it to retirement before the industry fades away!

If you can wait I process black and white. I do color all digital but nothing beats an archivally processed black and white silver prinit for quality or longevity. Moving my darkroom and it will be a couple of months before I'm set up again.