Sign in to follow this  
cigarsnscotch

Mossberg 500 (had an issue); need some insight/help

I purchased a Mossberg 500 Cruiser this past Friday. It has a 5+1 capacity and accepts 2 3/4 and 3" shells. So today I took a trip to my parents house to do some shooting out in the back woods and test my new shotgun out. Here's my issue:

I could not get any more than 1 shell in the chamber and 2 in the tube (for a total of 3). It seemed that once I got the first shell in, racked it, the inserted the next two, if I tried to insert a third the shell seemed to stop. I couldn't figure it out but i didn't mess with it. I just shot a box like that.

this is the first shotgun of my own so I was wondering if you more knowledgeable folks could lend some thoughts or assistance as to why this might have happened?

There is probably a plug in the magazine tube. For hunting in NJ a shotgun can not be capable of holding more than 3 shells. You can remove the plug by unscrewing the cap nut at the end of the magazine tube and CAREFULLY remove the spring retainer. You can then dump the plug out, reinsert spring and retainer then screw the cap back on.

Thanks folks for the help, it worried me but I knew I could find an answer here. I'm going to check out that link when I get home.

And to answer the what kind of cigars and scotch question:

Olivia V

Rocky Patel Vintage '90

CAO anniversary Maduro

Pardon

Macallan

Laphroig

Any glen will do

Some of my fav's. I smoke a bunch of diff. Cigars though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By milkstatus
      Price drop- Up for sale is a never fired BNIB STD MFG DP-12. Of course, all original accessories, packing etc. included. Located in Middlesex area . Buyer to have FID, matching DL and fill out COE. $1000 First I'll take it wins. Thanks!

• By a2uc
      Want to sell my Remington 870 tactical. It is in good condition. Has some slight rust on the upper part of the receiver. 
      It is a 12 gauge pump action shotgun. I can include 8 boxes of Winchester 8shot ammo as well. 

I'm in union county and will travel to FFL within reasonable distance. 
      Asking $300 with ammo.

• By Kn1089
      Looking to sell my Beretta 1301 Tac. Black, standard stock, extended factory 7 round magazine, WITH replaceable chokes. Gun is like new, with all original packaging, paperwork, and accessories. Has been fired less than 250 rounds, and is in perfect shape. 7+1 round model, made NJ compliant with a 2 round limiter. I bought this gun brand new less than a month ago. I’ll include a Beretta hard plastic, foam lined gun case. I have a 1301 comp incoming, and while I would love to keep the tac, it’s just not practical, so I am letting it go.

Located in 08724, will travel to a ffl for transfer within a reasonable distance. Would prefer not to deal with shipping. 
      Please, serious buyers only. Ask any questions and I’ll answer them asap!
      https://imgur.com/a/LjsVi9C
      IMG_8426.HEIC IMG_8431.HEIC IMG_8436.HEIC IMG_8435.HEIC
    • By Mikecap26
      Hey everyone,  I'm a new gun owner and I love the gun community!  What I don't love is NJ and their ambiguous and backwards gun laws.  I wanted to get a pump action bullpup shotgun and was looking at the Kel Tec KS7 and KSG.  While trying to compare them with other brands I found it was almost impossible to find a list of pump action bullpup shotguns for around $1,000 or less.  Does anyone have any good recommendations besides the black aces tactical?  Thank you in advance for your time and help.  Have a great memorial day and God bless those who lost their loves making the ultimate sacrifice
    • I very seriously doubt this has anything to do with terrorism.    1) Harbor pilots are VERY seriously vetted, and highly trained. Not to mention extremely well paid. My experience knowing a few of them, and knowing how they are recruited and screened tells me that there is a slim to highly unlikely chance that a harbor pilot would have participated in anything like that.    2) Maintenance of foreign flag ships is well known to be dubious. Especially these days. These were NOT US flag, Jones act sailors. It was (to my understanding) a largely Indian crew on that ship, with a Ukrainian Captain. Indian crews are not exactly known for being stellar.    3) The bunkers (fuel) these ships use is ‘Bunker C’, which is a heavy, dirty fuel oil that can, and usually is, pretty contaminated. This stuff ain’t your car grade gasoline or diesel fuel. It’s nasty.   It requires nearly constant filter changes and maintenance to the engine/generators. The ship took on fuel prior to departing port, which would stir up all kinds of shit in the fuel tanks, which would contribute to particulates in the fuel lines/filters.    4) I’d say the posting of the chief engineer for Maserek above was pretty spot on as far as chain of events.    This was a shitty accident, with horrible timing and outcome. Not a terror attack. 
    • I saw Lara's interview on Bannon's War Room, and that gave me pause for thought. Her conjecture depends primarily on the veracity of her sources. Regardless, if it's not applicable in any way to this ship disaster, the methods described seem valid to me. And worthy of consideration for the future. As I said before, IMO something is coming. Death by a thousand cuts? Lara Logan Provides Comprehensive Baltimore Update: Experts in Behavioral Analytics, Counter-Terrorism, and National Security Analyze Recent Incident | The Gateway Pundit | by Jim Hᴏft
    • Another big windfall for governments'. The 'winner'? Not so much. Mega Millions $1.13 billion winner is facing mega tax bill. The amount is staggering. - nj.com