Combat Auto

Magpul SGA stock and MOE forend on 870

Folks, Any opinions on the Magpul trim on the 870...

I know it is a few $100 more then the standard 870 express but money not an issue...I am interested in form/function and also if you sacrifice anything (besides $$$) with the magpul config...This shotgun I found but not the standard.

Thanks,

Folks, Any opinions on the Magpul trim on the 870...

I know it is a few $100 more then the standard 870 express but money not an issue...I am interested in form/function and also if you sacrifice anything (besides $$$) with the magpul config...This shotgun I found but not the standard.

Thanks,

PS I want to be able to mount a light on this also - can I?

You can mount a light on the for end using the standard magpul MOE rails.

I've heard many good things about the Magpul furniture on the 870.

I'm picking up my magpul trim 870 this week. I'll report back once I get it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

It's absolutely awesome , I am loving it. I bought an 870 specifically to put the Magpul on it. I know they make a new 870 Tactical Magpul model but it wasn't available so I did it myself (the actual model supposedly has Cerakote finish on it, mine has the terrible Express finish).

I actually was on another tab looking at a light for mine, I am going to go with a Streamlight TLR-1HP myself, MidwayUSA was all sold out. But yeah, Magpul has a Pic rail pieces you can attach directly to the MOE forend and then add your attachments to those rails. It's really simple I did it on my AR-15 MOE forend/hand guard.

I am sure you would love yours. I love mine.

It's absolutely awesome , I am loving it. I bought an 870 specifically to put the Magpul on it. I know they make a new 870 Tactical Magpul model but it wasn't available so I did it myself (the actual model supposedly has Cerakote finish on it, mine has the terrible Express finish).

I actually was on another tab looking at a light for mine, I am going to go with a Streamlight TLR-1HP myself, MidwayUSA was all sold out. But yeah, Magpul has a Pic rail pieces you can attach directly to the MOE forend and then add your attachments to those rails. It's really simple I did it on my AR-15 MOE forend/hand guard.

Thanks I am excited - just ordered the gun as I mentioned above...Do you know if the gun I ordered cumes with a gost ring rear site? The pictures on line arn't that great (I will call the dealer tomorrow).

there are two "870 Tactical" express models- the one I have and we are talking about I believe does indeed come with the XS Sights picatinny rail, XS Ghost Ring Sight (very very tiny one , low profile) and a XS Big Dot up front.

The 870 Express 'Grey' has a nicer looking grey battleship appearance but no sights other than the little bead up front...

http://www.remington.com/en/products/firearms/shotguns/model-870/model-870-express-tactical-grey.aspx

http://www.remington.com/en/products/firearms/shotguns/model-870/model-870-express-tactical.aspx

If you get the less expensive model, Grey, the first thing I would do for sights is buy the $75 Trijicon 'bead' tey have, its a really big fiber optic/jeweled sight tube that goes on over your bead and really looks like it captures and magnifies the ambient light to gvie you a much nicer sighting poiint for a decent price.

Congrats I hope you love yours as much as I love mine, which is lying next to me about to protect me and mine while we go to bed.

there are two "870 Tactical" express models- the one I have and we are talking about I believe does indeed come with the XS Sights picatinny rail, XS Ghost Ring Sight (very very tiny one , low profile) and a XS Big Dot up front. The 870 Express 'Grey' has a nicer looking grey battleship appearance but no sights other than the little bead up front... http://www.remington.com/en/products/firearms/shotguns/model-870/model-870-express-tactical-grey.aspx http://www.remington.com/en/products/firearms/shotguns/model-870/model-870-express-tactical.aspx If you get the less expensive model, Grey, the first thing I would do for sights is buy the $75 Trijicon 'bead' tey have, its a really big fiber optic/jeweled sight tube that goes on over your bead and really looks like it captures and magnifies the ambient light to gvie you a much nicer sighting poiint for a decent price. Congrats I hope you love yours as much as I love mine, which is lying next to me about to protect me and mine while we go to bed.
Thanks...

Just got my Remington 870 Magpul edition in. WOW! Fantastic gun. Action is butter smooth. Finish is fantastic. Comes with all the magpul parts. Extra cheek combs, option to change back to magpul butt pad. One nice thing I noticed is that it is a straight 7shot tube rather than a 5 with a +2 extension. That should eliminate any hang ups with follower.

All I am going to do to it is add a wilson combat follower and big head safety

Headed to the range this weekend!!!

Ill post pics soon.

I will probably go out (or would have if this madness never happened) and buy a M590A1 if/when the Magpul Mossberg furniture comes out. There is one M590A1 I particuarly want and have trouble finding so I never got it, and I got the 870 Tactical and Magpul'd it myself. The 870 Magpul edition is very very nice, and I heard it had a special finish, if so that is worth it totally IMHO, my finish sucks . Also I did not realize you had a 6 round tube rather than a 4 + 2 setup, very nice.

\

Yeah exactly I had heard it was Cerakote. I mean I would love just plain parkerizing on mine, but exotic would be great, Cerakote would be amazing.

I have emailed Wilson Combat twice about getting mine upgraded but not heard back yet.

The Wilson combat Border Patrol is simply an 870 with scattergun technologies ghost ring, WC follower and spring, +2 extension with sling mount and big head safety. You can do all of those mods with 2 punches and a few screw drivers.

Holy hell batman.

Just came back from the range with my new 870. The damn gun is so fine.

It ran like butter, action was glass and it handled everything from. #4 buck to tactical slugs no problem.

My new favorite gun.

Yeah I have to say I am also feeling the same way about mine. I was very lucky , I got a Mossberg 930 SPX when they were the most sought after thing in firearms early 2010. I felt extremely lucky to score the one of the best right out of the gate and never really felt the need to have anything else. People constantly praised the 870 and I kind of said, Yeah okay, maybe If I didn't have the M930SPX lol.

But when I bought one on a whim, I really became sold on it. And I really like having two anyway, first of all Always have a backup.... _always_ . Second of all it makes it nice because I have one as my out - and - about - shotgun and the other is my last line of defense, never leaves a certain spot. The 870 TacMag is on a great sling, that one comes with me places. And it's light enough to carry with another weapon. Say I had to 'go out' while carrying my 15-22 or even my 700, I could carry the 870 with me so I had something to defend myself with while carrying a scoped bolt action rifle.

It sounds stupid but I am always thinking about Survival and Preparedness, (S&P) and I make sure all my firearms have several uses, and all can be counted on for S&P if and when SHTF. And come SHTF I know I will have a diverse and extensive portfolio of firearms to use as tools, and the 870 is an important part of that portfolio. The fact that its awesome looking and so much fun is just pure gravy IMHO.

tlr-1hp is great I love mine got it from botach tactical. Its awesome its a shame I never use mine

Nice, nice lookin 870 dude. That's a build correct?

Mine was build up from a normal 870. 18" cylender bore with a xs big dot. I need to order the light mount to attach a tlr-1. Btw ray ray for your gorilla arms the magpul has numerous spacers you can put in to make lop longer.

Mine was build up from a normal 870. 18" cylender bore with a xs big dot. I need to order the light mount to attach a tlr-1. Btw ray ray for your gorilla arms the magpul has numerous spacers you can put in to make lop longer.

I held one at Caso's. As is out the box I was fine with it.

i really like this set-up. I picked up the stock and fore-grip when they first came out, i had thread around here somewhere.... and i still cannot find a place that has blued +3 extensions in stock that will ship,i have an e-mail notification on like 3 sites. I tried ordering one from CTD last year but they refused to ship it. This set up replaced a cracked stock on a wingmaster..

I think it's pretty cool that remmy is doing a special model with this gear, Magpul has this market on lockdown.

how much are they going for?